2023 Black Friday (and surrounding) sales and deals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bad_idea

Overcomplicator extraordinaire
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Post 'em here, and I'll add them to the post so long as it stays editable.

Where there is a TRF post, please consult it for info directly from the horse's mouth (including coupon codes, inclusions, exclusions, etc.).

In progress:

Buy Rocket Motors - website - sale seems to be still running as of December 11th. I didn't want to get into listing sales for individual vendors, but I can't find what's in their sale email mentioned on their website, here are the big ticket items: Code FreeHAZMAT for HAZMAT orders over $399, 25% off RMS reloads and hardware, DMS motors, 35% off Aerotech kits, 25% off LOC kits, 40% off Quest motors and kits

Estes - website - 12 Days of Estes - Dec 2nd 1 25% off apparel - Dec 3rd Roto Rocket & Tri-Flyer - Dec 4th 20% off Designer Series - Dec 5th Free Mystery Rocket - Dec 6th is buy-one, get-one on starter and launch sets - Dec 7th is a free hat with any order - Dec 8th is free shipping - Dec 9th is free ornament - Dec 10th is half-off clearance rockets - Dec 11th is 30% off scale models - Dec 12th is Red Sapphire - Dec 13th is "Last Chance"

Unknown:

Chris' Rocket Supplies - TRF post - website - "ends in a few days" from November 21st - Unsure if still running

LOC Precision - website - "Closeout Corner" restocked - May still be a few deals that weren't there before the restock.

Already concluded:

Additive Aerospace - TRF post - website - ends on Monday, November 27th at 23:59 EST (UTC -5)

AMW - See this post below

Black Aero - TRF post - website - Friday, November 24th through Friday, December 8th

Boyce Aerospace Hobbies - website - now through Sunday, November 26th, 23:59PM MST (UTC -7)

Composite Warehouse - website - it was fun while it lasted

Dragon Rocketry - TRF post - website - through midnight on Thursday, November 23rd

Dragon Rocketry - TRF post - website - Cyber Monday, through November 27th 23:59 EST (UTC -5)

Eggtimer - TRF post - website - Saturday, November 11th through Monday, November 27th

Estes - website - not sure why I'm even bothering to post this one.

Estes - website - Cyber Monday

Everdon Hobbies - TRF post - website - Friday midnight (?) through Monday, November 27th 23:59 (timezone unknown)

Fruity Chutes - website - November 20th through Friday, December 1st, 23:59 PDT? (PST? - UTC -8)

Inverted Pursuits - TRF post - website - Whole month of November

JonRocket - TRF post - website - Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23rd through Monday, November 27th

Launch Lab - TRF post - website - Friday, November 24th from 0:00 EST (UTC - 5) through Saturday, 25 November 03:00 (that's morning!) EST - done) - But another sale Saturday - Also another sale on Monday, with shipping combined all weekend

Launch Lab - TRF post - website - Black Friday relaunch, Friday, December 8th

Mach 1 - website

Madcow - website - Starts Friday, November 24th at 07:00 PST (UTC -8), doorbusters now

Max Q - website

Missile Works - TRF post - website - 24 hours starting Friday, November 24th at 06:00 EST (UTC -5)

One Bad Hawk - TRF post - website - now through Monday, November 27th

Rocketman - TRF post - website - now through Monday, 27 November

Wildman - TRF post - website :

• Members only: Wednesday night, November 22nd at 18:00 CST (UTC -6), must be member before sale starts - Over and done, and bad_idea's wallet is over and done too
  • General Public: Saturday, Novembr 25th, 06:00-12:00 (i.e., noon) CST (UTC -6) - Over and done too. Thanks for the deals!
Yaesu (radios) - see post below

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack bad_idea. I thought maybe this was somewhat black friday related.. (madcow has info on their site that black friday sales start @7am pacific time on the 24th) Madcow Black Friday info..

A quick question, I have noticed the prices go up recently on two rockets id like to buy but they have not been available for months. Maybe longer.. the madcow 2.6"nike smoke showed $145 last week and is now $160 and the wildman carbon fiber mini mach shows $134 and I swear it was $109 a week ago.. does this mean they will be avalible to purchase soon?. most likely black friday?? Or maybe it was just a price increase for all of their kits available not

I completely understand but some still say not in stock and still had a price increase.. thats where I was a little confused..
My guess is that they may be leaving it as OOS, but had gotten the new higher priced stuff in and are preparing it for the bf sales.

In the case of WM and some others taking pre-orders, it makes sense that it's still OOS, but the new order price went up.

A few may be raising prices before their sales, but I think most cases it's just the adjustment for the inflation we've seen across almost everything.

Disclaimer - just the opinion of a person having trouble sleeping getting up in the middle of the night. o_O😆

AMW posted to facebook:

Its a rainy day here in AZ and while we wait to see if we can go to a launch...
$999.99 Aerotech L3 Special with a 75/6400 Motor and a M1315! (You do not have to be certifying to take advantage of this)
Plus 20% off all LOC kits

is running a L3 cert special today:

Store link

Madcow Black Friday Doorbuster deal for Nov. 17.
40% off 3' and 4" Avalanche XL and 3" Fiberglass Mongoose R2.
Email says that it started yesterday but they didn't tell anybody.
I think somebody forgot to send out the email.
😀

Black Friday Door Buster - Avalanche XL and Mongoose are 40% off!​

Gary,

I've got a secret to share with you. We started our second Black Friday Door Buster Deal yesterday but didn't tell anyone about it. I guess we were trying to keep it a secret. But now I'm letting you in on the secret. The sale is already on and there are savings of 40$% to be had!

We've got our 3" and 4" Fiberglass Avalanche XLs and our 3" Fiberglass Mongoose R2 all on sale at 40% off. The supply is limited and won't last too long so get them while you can. When the inventory reaches 0, the sale on that item is over. Like year's past, the Black Friday Door Buster sale ends with the end of the Black Friday sale. But don't wait!

Thank you for being one of our special customers - we appreciate your loyalty to Madcow Rocketry.

- The Madcow Rocketry Team

PS: If any one asks, you didn't hear about this from me.

Madcow Black Friday Doorbuster deal for Nov. 17.
40% off 3' and 4" Avalanche XL and 3" Fiberglass Mongoose R2.
Email says that it started yesterday but they didn't tell anybody.
I think somebody forgot to send out the email.
😀

Black Friday Door Buster - Avalanche XL and Mongoose are 40% off!​

Gary,

I've got a secret to share with you. We started our second Black Friday Door Buster Deal yesterday but didn't tell anyone about it. I guess we were trying to keep it a secret. But now I'm letting you in on the secret. The sale is already on and there are savings of 40$% to be had!

We've got our 3" and 4" Fiberglass Avalanche XLs and our 3" Fiberglass Mongoose R2 all on sale at 40% off. The supply is limited and won't last too long so get them while you can. When the inventory reaches 0, the sale on that item is over. Like year's past, the Black Friday Door Buster sale ends with the end of the Black Friday sale. But don't wait!

Thank you for being one of our special customers - we appreciate your loyalty to Madcow Rocketry.

- The Madcow Rocketry Team

PS: If any one asks, you didn't hear about this from me.
I ordered one of each last night. I believe they only had 3 of each at that time.

Edit to add, just checked... You can only order up to 3, so I have no idea how many they have left.

Last edited:
Back