Nsl 2007

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the a campground meeting might be easier to get to,( and to convince to come to). I'll try to make were ever it is. My dad and me are going so far and two friends are iffy.

For anyone who is interested, there are still free commemorative kits availiable for people who register early. If you plan to come the NSL this is a great way to get a really cool kit for free.

https://www.nsl2007.org

Mario

Don't miss out on this one folks :)

Remember, the commemorative kit is the 2-stage Frick-n-Frack saucer :)

Here's a pix that Bill Spadafora got just after staging :D

Originally posted by jflis
Don't miss out on this one folks :)

Remember, the commemorative kit is the 2-stage Frick-n-Frack saucer :)

Here's a pix that Bill Spadafor got just after staging :D

Very cool...

Can't wait... Maybe we could have a movie night at the campground - October Sky, Apollo 13, maybe Astronaut Farmer will be on video by then. If someone brings a laptop with a DVD drive, a bedsheet and a projector...

Tell me the night and I could try having my friend come for a night. We only need the projector and the bedsheets.

Am I correct that the advance registration price is good through May 15? And (for mailed in registrations) is that postmarked by May 15 or received by May 15?

Thanks,
Glen

Originally posted by overby
Am I correct that the advance registration price is good through May 15? And (for mailed in registrations) is that postmarked by May 15 or received by May 15?

Thanks,
Glen

Thanks for asking that question. I can see that the page needs to be edited to clarify things.

Advance registration filed and paid online is open through May 15th.

Advance registration via the mail must be received by May 15th so make sure it is mailed in plenty of time.

I'll make sure the web pages are updated to reflect this.

Mario

Anyone wishing to order an NSL T-Shirt must do so before April 30, 2007.

Orders received on of after April 30, 2007 will be refunded. This date is the last possible date for us to submit our order and still receive the shirts in time for NSL. If you plan to attend NSL and you want the T-Shirt, please register ASAP.

Mario

Originally posted by mperdue
Anyone wishing to order an NSL T-Shirt must do so before April 30, 2007.

Orders received on of after April 30, 2007 will be refunded. This date is the last possible date for us to submit our order and still receive the shirts in time for NSL. If you plan to attend NSL and you want the T-Shirt, please register ASAP.

Mario

could i get one without registering early? I only plan on coming one day.

Originally posted by Rocketboy89
could i get one without registering early? I only plan on coming one day.

Sure, just fill in a registration form with just the T-Shirt size and stuff and pay online or by mail. We'll have the shirt waiting for you when you come to check-in.

Mario

It occurred to us this evening that no one knows what the T-Shirts will look like so our resident artist created this image to give you a feel for what you'll be getting...

NSLshirtF.jpg

I've added the front and back images to the NSL website.

Mario

Asked my dad and he is thinking on it,( which means probably not). Hope and pray hope and pray.:rolleyes:

Rocketboy see ya there. I am coming up on Thursday after the end of the year and well be tentin out.

Just for information, for those planning on attending . . .

I called to change some things on my reservations and Phyllis, at the host hotel, has told me that they're booked solid for NSL weekend. Also, checked with Marriott's Fairfield Inn, and they're saying the same . . . so if you haven't booked yet, you might want to start working it.

Originally posted by Lucky 94
Asked my dad and he is thinking on it,( which means probably not). Hope and pray hope and pray.:rolleyes:

Rocketboy see ya there. I am coming up on Thursday after the end of the year and well be tentin out.

do you mean at the end of the day? lol. yeah, i will see you there :) Ive got a ton of rockets waiting to be launched :)

Same here. Something tells me I will be coming home with a empty wallet, and a hole lot of new things. What you flyin?

Originally posted by Lucky 94
Same here. Something tells me I will be coming home with a empty wallet, and a hole lot of new things. What you flyin?

Everything in my list down below...hmm..what else...my bomarc, my flying saucer, my estes phoenix, and a few more im scratch building :) one is modeled after the Nike Orion

Have to paint a few but will try to fit in a few I just got plans for.:D :D

O.K. Forget happy hour, MUCH more important: Are there going to be any HPR motor vendors attending? Right now none have committed as on site vendors according to the NSL website.

Originally posted by dixontj93060
O.K. Forget happy hour, MUCH more important: Are there going to be any HPR motor vendors attending? Right now none have committed as on site vendors according to the NSL website.

What size motor are you looking for. AFAIK, Impulse Buys will be there and they list motors up to "L" sizes which is the limit for the event. If there is another vendor that you'd like to see there please suggest it to them or forward the contact information to me and I'll try to work something out with them.

Mario

Mario,

I don't need anything too big--J's and K's. But funny, neither of those vendors are on the NSL website. And frankly, I've never seen either of those vendors at a major launch, e.g., LDRS.

Can you provide pointers to their websites so we can contact them to pre-order to make sure we have motors available?

Seems like Wildman and Al's Hobby Shop both in Northern Illinois would support a launch that is so close.

-Tim

I don't need anything too big--J's and K's. But funny, neither of those vendors are on the NSL website. And frankly, I've never seen either of those vendors at a major launch, e.g., LDRS.

Can you provide pointers to their websites so we can contact them to pre-order to make sure we have motors available?

Seems like Wildman and Al's Hobby Shop both in Northern Illinois would support a launch that is so close.

Tim,

Neither? I only mentioned one, Impulse Buys. They are listed as an Attending Vendor on the web site. Or you can visit the Impulse Buys site directly.

Certainly Al's and Wildman are welcome to come. I'll send them an invite... It probably wouldn't hurt if others contacted them too.

Mario

Mario,

Sorry, I'm not an "acronym kind of guy" (AFAIK must mean "as far as I know"... I'm guessing?)

I took a look at the Impulse Buys website and they are missing 3 of 4 motors that I was looking at purchasing. Seems as if they have a thin selection of 38mm and especially 54mm reloads.

Many motor vendors have a special pre-order period for major launches to make sure they have time to order and supply all the demands when they show up on site. Do you know if Impulse Buys plans a special order like this?

-Tim

Many motor vendors have a special pre-order period for major launches to make sure they have time to order and supply all the demands when they show up on site. Do you know if Impulse Buys plans a special order like this?

I'm not sure what their requirements are. It would be best for you to contact them directly. Unfortunately the person who has been tasked with vendor support is currently unavailable due to work related commitments. I did email the other two vendors that you mentioned so we'll see what happens there.

Mario

Okay I finally figured out a guaranteed way to meet each of you, from TRF, at NSL this year. I'm hate going somewhere, like I did to the October Sky festival in Coalwood WV, and realize that I missed meeting someone from TRF there.

So here's the scoop . . .
for NSL I'll be bringing numerous free, professional, rocketry data sheets from Boeing. I sent these out to several people last year and they're most excellent!!! All you'll need to do is find me to get one. (For Jim Flis, I've got a small package of goodies for you.) ;)

I'll be driving my green Dodge Caravan, and will have a blue quickshade.

I've got a packet here in front of me at the moment and have data sheets for Gemini, Mercury/Gemini/Apollo, Apollo-Saturn V, Space Shuttle, Mercury, along with several missile ones.

Latest posts

Back