Nsl 2007

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The L700 was another amazing flight! Congratulations on that one!

We don't have enough information to even comment on this right now. Please, let's not speculate here while we work this out. I'll update you when there is something worth updating.

Mario
OK, I can finally comment on the power-line issue that occurred at NSL 2007. To answer the most common questions:

1) Yes, the power outage was caused by the rocket that landed on the wires in Muncie.

2) Yes, the line was damaged and needed to be repaired.

3) Yes, there was a bill to be paid.

4) No, we have not lost the use of the site but we have moved a bit farther east.

5) Yes, we've had to make some changes to our procedures.

From indyrockets.org...

We will now be flying from the area called the "L-Pad." It's the paved surface that they fly control line airplanes on just east of our old launch site. We'll be parking in the same lot, but at the opposite end.

Some good points about the new location...

1. It's paved so there's no problem with soggy areas in the grass when setting up the pads. Pads will also be steadier without being staked down.

2. We can use the pavilion for check-in and registration. The pavilion has PA horns built-in that we can connect to. There are also several power outlets that we can used for laptops if we want to track things with a computer.

3. Bleacher seating is available for spectators.

4. Permanent fencing is in place for crowd control.

5. It's farther from the power lines, need I say more?

Some bad points about the new location...

1. It's paved so rockets landing near the pads are more likely to be damaged.

2. There's less room for EZ-up type tents.

3. It's closer to the road on the east so max altitudes will be lowered to 6000' AGL.

Overall I like the new location but it will take a little bit of getting used to.

As always, our launch schedule is on the calendar at https://www.indyrockets.org

Mario

Cool - thanks for the info Mario. I'm hoping to come out and see you guys again in September...

Back