Nsl 2007

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperdue

Reaction score
We have started putting together the NSL 2007 web site to get information about the launch out. Be advised that not everything is complete yet. Also notice that the dates for the event are June 1 to 3, 2007; a day was added and the NAR web site has yet to be updated to reflect this.

Mario

Originally posted by Saks_Russel
The site could use a spell check too.

Yeah, I guess so. I just checked it out and there was one misspelled word on the first page (it was actually a typographical error, but I won't go into that.) I also found a duplicate word and two punctuation errors. Finally, I found 6 instances of an alternate spelling of a word that I changed to the more customary spelling so as not to needlessly confuse anyone.

Thank you for your valuable input,

Mario

Originally posted by Saks_Russel
The site could use a spell check too.

(author unknown)

I have a spelling checker
I disk covered four my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see.

Eye ran this poem threw it.
Your sure real glad two no.
Its very polished in its weigh,
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed, And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pours o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore wee rote with checkers
Hour spelling was inn deck line,
Butt now when wee dew have a laps,
Wee are not maid too wine.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
There are know faults in awl this peace, Of nun eye am a wear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud,
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

That's why eye brake in two averse
Cuz Eye dew want too please.
Sow glad eye yam that aye did bye
This soft wear four pea seas.

On-line registration is now available at the NSL 2007 Web Site .

Registering in advance makes you eligible to win one of many NSL 2007 Commemorative kits provided by FlisKits. You must register in advance to be eligible for this bonus.

Mario

Here's a sneak peek at the commemorative kit. You've seen this befor in the form of the original prototype in the discussion about multi-staged saucers.

This is proto-type #2 of the design using laser cut parts. Some level of precision is needed to get the look that is needed fo rthis design. Laser cutting was the way to get that precision.

She looks like a single stage, rather plane looking saucer on the pad... ...at about 60 feet up though, she pulls a surprise as the booster lights and she separates into an obvious booster/sustainer combination.

The beauty of THIS two stage model is that you can't loose it (well, that is unless you fly it into a wood chipper...) and it has the feature of providing perfectly safe recovery even if you expreience total sustainer failure... :)

Later in the week I will have her painted up.

jim

Here she is from another angle, showing the other panels. Each of the 50 kits that we will provide to NSL will contain a set of stickers commemorating NSL-2007 as well as recognizing ROCI and FlisKits.

At this time we havn't confirmed whether we are going to offer all 6 panel stickers (as shown here) or just the 3 commemorative ones (on the sustainer)

These are high quality, 2mil vinyl sticker with a very strong adhesive and color-fast art (these are made from the same sticker material and printing process used for automobile pin-striping)

I was VERY pleased with how well she looked all dressed up like this :)

The production version of this kit will not contain any stickers. However, several different designs will be available for free download.

I will be starting a Frick-n-Frack thread in the Vendors forum with more pix in a minute so this thread can stay on track with respect to planning. Remember, early registration earns you a chance to get one of these fun commemorative kits! Sounds like a good incentive to me :)

jim

Mario: I tried to ask a registration question via the site, but it got bounced. It appeared that it was going to an address in Canada (with a .ca TLD).

What's up with that? And, can I ask that question here in case there is something going on with the site?

Dave,

In case Mario isn't monitoring this site every day, I can post the question to him directly if you want. Either post it here or PM me. I'll answer it if I can or pass it along to him if I can't. I'll also pass along the fact that you got a bounced message.

-Aaron

The mailbox that your message was sent to is forwarded to the person who actually fields those questions. I believe that you are correct that it is a Canada email address, but the person really is here in Indiana. I checked the main inbox and found your message and replied to it.

Feel free to ask questions here if you wish.

Mario

Originally posted by DaveCombs
Mario: I tried to ask a registration question via the site, but it got bounced. It appeared that it was going to an address in Canada (with a .ca TLD).

What's up with that? And, can I ask that question here in case there is something going on with the site?

And I got your answer; thank you. (Given the posts above, now you know why I wanted to know how many people have registered!)

I'm SO going to be there. I think I'll bring my Teros 4x.

Thanks for bringing the issue to my attention. It seems to be a problem with forwarding the message to the secondary email address. We are getting the registrations in the primary mailbox so we don't have any problem there.

Mario

And I got your answer; thank you. (Given the posts above, now you know why I wanted to know how many people have registered!)

I'm SO going to be there. I think I'll bring my Teros 4x.

When you try to use the PDF registration form, there is no Quantity drop box beside the "Registration (18+ or Jr. HPR)" item; there is one beside the "Under 18 No HPR" item. Is this supposed to be this way?

If this is actually a problem, is there a way I can register "offline", such as calling ROCI?

When you try to use the PDF registration form, there is no Quantity drop box beside the "Registration (18+ or Jr. HPR)" item; there is one beside the "Under 18 No HPR" item. Is this supposed to be this way?

If this is actually a problem, is there a way I can register "offline", such as calling ROCI?

Dave,

I'm sorry that you are having problems. I just went to the registration form on the web site and there is a quantity combo box for all of the items in the list. Perhaps you have a bad copy in your cache that needs to be cleared. The only way to register with plastic or paypal is with that form. Can you try it on a different computer?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mario

One final question, to conserve bandwidth: If I have any more boneheaded questions, should I post them directly on the NSL site's email or perhaps the forum?

Thanks, Mario - I'm really looking forward to attending.

OK - I'm registered!!!

I think what may have happened is that I was using TAB to move through the form, and when I got to the drop boxes it disappeared for some reason. But in any case, I'm there!

I'm monitoring this topic so I can answer here or in email to the NSL site. The "Contact Us" for will direct your message to different people depending on the subject that you select. If you want it sent to me just select "Information" in the subject pull down.

Mario

OK - I'm registered!!!

I think what may have happened is that I was using TAB to move through the form, and when I got to the drop boxes it disappeared for some reason. But in any case, I'm there!

Hmmm, I'll check that out...

FWIW, your registration was received.

Mario

Got it. My question was about the FnF's: In one place, the text seems to indicate that the first 50 registrants will receive FnF's. But in another, it seems to indicate that everyone who registers in advance will be registered to win one, making it sound like a random drawing. Which is correct?

The original plan was to do a completely random drawing because we didn't know exactly how many kits we would have. Jim, at FlisKits, is being very generous so we've changed it to give a kit with each early registration transaction while supplies last. We aren't even close to exhausting that supply yet.

Mario

Registered and ready! This will be my first major event...:D

I had noticed that too and was going to ask (about how the FnF kits were going to be given out.)

Very kewl. I can't wait to see the reaction to this kit!

jim

Back