Nsl 2007

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by jflis
I had noticed that too and was going to ask (about how the FnF kits were going to be given out.)

Very kewl. I can't wait to see the reaction to this kit!

jim

I'm looking forward to getting one Jim. I like saucers and this one is definitely unique.

Hot dogs, charcoal, dutch oven, marshmallows, camping gear - CHECK!

Teros 4x upscale, a couple of H reloads - CHECK!

Party favors, potato cannon - CHECK!

I know enough about you to be very nervous about the "party favors"...:p

Originally posted by DaveCombs
Hot dogs, charcoal, dutch oven, marshmallows, camping gear - CHECK!

Anybody else planning on camping? Any idea what the facilities are like? Mainly, are the showers hot or clean? I'll take either, my wife would prefer both!

I'm bringing the ol' pop-up so we'll be having a big mess of beans one night. Also, there should be enough "biscuits on a stick" (bring your own napkin) for everyone!

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
Anybody else planning on camping? Any idea what the facilities are like? Mainly, are the showers hot or clean? I'll take either, my wife would prefer both!

I'm bringing the ol' pop-up so we'll be having a big mess of beans one night. Also, there should be enough "biscuits on a stick" (bring your own napkin) for everyone!

The AMA staff does a pretty good job of keeping the restroom and shower facilities clean and functioning so chances are really good that your wife will have both of her wishes granted. Keep in mind that the RV camping and electrical hookups are at the RC Multipurpose area -- about a quarter of a mile away from our range head. See the site map on the NSL web site for more information about the site layout.

Primitive camping is in an area directly west of our activities -- it's labeled "Picnic Area" on the map. Portable toilets will be in the primitive camping area but you'll need to go to the RV area if you want to take a shower. I think I can safely say that everyone at ROCI would appreciate it if the attendees would take the time to shower daily :D

Mario

It has been brought to my attention that the NSL 2007 information is once again (still?) incorrect. I've requested that it be changed - again! In the meantime, the information at https://www.nsl2007.org is correct.

The correct dates are June 1 to June 3, 2007

The correct email address to use for information is [email protected]

Sorry for any confusion this may be causing.

Mario

Okay gang, I'm there!!! That is barring any more unfortunate accidents. Should be able to fly my Boeing, X-51, Waverider there as well.

Have reservations at the host hotel and am planning to arrive Thursday night. Will complete registration tomorrow or Monday.

(BTW; a few weeks of physical therapy to go and a few more injections in both knees - I've chosen a sport's OD, so hopefully I'll be back up running within six weeks or so. Can't describe frustrating it is going from six mile maintenance runs to pain walking 200 yards. Still need to count my blessings.)

Awesome! Can't wait to meet you, buddy! And I'm glad you're feeling better.

Originally posted by DaveCombs
Awesome! Can't wait to meet you, buddy! And I'm glad you're feeling better.

Hey Dave, who says I'm feeling better? ;)

Ditto though, it'll be great to catch up with everyone. I'll see what goodies I can drum up from my Boeing crooney's - to trade.

Man you get to fly in and I have to hitch a ride with my dad. That stinks. Well at least I get to go.

Originally posted by Lucky 94
Man you get to fly in and I have to hitch a ride with my dad. That stinks. Well at least I get to go.

no kidding. I might not make it :( If I get all A's and good behaivor my dad is considering LDRS :D

Ben

Originally posted by jflis
DANG MAN! An X-51..... Kewl...

I'll be arriving in a measly Ford F-250....

:p

LOL! Okay, Jim, you got me on my grammar. Dodge Stratus for me - maybe the Caravan.

Besides I'm not current with takeoffs and landings. Last flight I had was at a bush strip/glacier flight on the otherside of Whittier.

Ben your having trouble. I make As easy. But then my dad will only take me to places withen less then a days drive. He is taking me to NSL, NARAM, and if I can talk and convince my family to take to vacations in the same summer, ST 07

I'll be pulling up in a maroon Pontiac Montana. Yeah baby - stylin'!

Kathy and I will probably be there Thursday night. We haven't confirmed that yet though...

If I think of it I will check my reservations when I get home to see what we did for the hotel date-wise

This might be a silly question, but here goes..It's about registering..I only have to register(and pay the $25 fee) if I intend on launching a rocket, correct? It is not just for attendance? I am about 90% certain that we will be attending..Will make a nice little summer vacation :)

Thanks..Hope to see a lot of you regular poster there :)

Jon,

You are correct, spectators are free.

Mario

Originally posted by Pantherjon
This might be a silly question, but here goes..It's about registering..I only have to register(and pay the $25 fee) if I intend on launching a rocket, correct? It is not just for attendance? I am about 90% certain that we will be attending..Will make a nice little summer vacation :)

Thanks..Hope to see a lot of you regular poster there :)

Originally posted by akpilot
Is anyone else pulling into town on Thursday night?

My family and I are, along with a friend and his family. We are camping about 20 minutes away from the launch site, though.

We probably will be..Will have to see how our schedule is..Its quite a drive for us, will probably leave oh dark thirty Thursday morning and get there sometime Thursday evening(it's about a 13 hour drive)..IA little shorter then our usual August trip to Cedar Point-but that is not going to happen..This one will be a lot less strain on the budget :) Will have to call next week and see about getting reservations(hopefully there are some available at the Best Western!)

Unless someone is attending with a LARGE RV and has room for an additional 4(me and wife and 2 unruly teenagers!)! :D j/k

Is anyone else pulling into town on Thursday night?

Do I detect a Thursday nite, TRF, gathering somewhere? Any interest? Maybe 'Happy Hour' at the Best Western?

P.S. Oh, btw, what prevented me from attending NARCON this year (blown knees) won't be a factor for this event. I've been told no more running - period! If I don't - it'll be time for a knee replacement. Rehab's been enough.

If i can convice my dad thursday for a meeting sounds like a great idea.

'Happy Hours' at Best Western sounds cool! Count me in on it! :D

And we will just have to put a harness and leash on ya to prevent ya from running! Don't want blown out knees! Those are worse then blown out tires- and painful!

Do I detect a Thursday nite, TRF, gathering somewhere? Any interest? Maybe 'Happy Hour' at the Best Western?

P.S. Oh, btw, what prevented me from attending NARCON this year (blown knees) won't be a factor for this event. I've been told no more running - period! If I don't - it'll be time for a knee replacement. Rehab's been enough.

Back