LDRS 27 Pre-Registration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A reminder to everyone planning on attending LDRS 27 at the Argonia Rocket Pasture August 28, 2008 - September 2, 2008: Discounted pre-registration for LDRS 27 closes on August 3, 2008. After that date, walk-up registration fees will apply. That leaves just about 2 weeks to sign-up.

KloudBusters has worked hard to bring LDRS 27 to TRA and its members at the most economical level possible. Our flyer fees for 2008 are at or below levels charged by us for LDRS 22 in 2003 and every other LDRS since. We understand the economic challenges of traveling long distances for a launch and have tried to do our part to overcome them. Even the official LDRS 27 hotel room rate at the Best Western Airport Inn is below the hotel rate we had in '03.

We are currently hearing from many flyers across the US who are bringing some spectacular projects to Argonia this year. Several projects in the 'O', 'P' and 'Q' class are on tap for the week as well as a few projects that are expected to challenge the Argonia record of 30,070' AGL.

In addition to the rockets, there are after-hours events as well; including the "Out of the World" evening at the Kansas Cosmosphere, the LDRS 27 Banquet/TRA member meeting, and the ROCKETS Magazine Watermelon Feed. LDRS 27 is a launch you want to attend. Flyers from 27 states have already pre-registered, have you?

Visit https://www.ldrs27.org for complete details.

Lance Lickteig
KLOUDBusters President
LDRS 27 Chair

I completely agree. The fee for flying is very reasonable. $40 for 4 days of commercial HPR is cheap. I can't wait to go!

-Dave

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it despite living in the same state, but do you need registration for flyers who won't be flying HPR?

Thanks, and I HOPE to be there!

'G' and under flyers do not have to register as is the KLOUDBusters custom.

Don't forget, though, that LDRS is the Tripoli National High Power launch. Registererd HPR flyers will be given top precedence when it comes to staging launches.

--Lance.

Lance,

I looked briefly but couldn't find any information on support for hybirds. Will KLOUDBusters have any hybrid GSE and if so what kind? Also, will there be an on-site vendor or source for nitrous oxide?

I am contemplating bringing a few 54mm SRS motors but would rather not lug my 20 pound supply tank across a few states if possible.

-Aaron

Jim Cooper of Star Rocketry is handling all of the hybrid details for us. Most likely there will be a hybrid pad at the end of the K/L and M banks and Jim typically can support Hypertek and all the monotube hybrids.

Browse to www.starrocketry.com or e-mail Jim ( jcoop at havilandtelco dot com ) to work out the details for your needs.

--Lance.

Back