EVENT AIRFest 28, Sept. 2-5, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All!!!

The web-site for AIRFest 28 has been posted and we are taking pre-registration NOW. http://www.kloudbusters.org/airfest/Default.aspx

Nothing of note has changed - same great waiver, awesome field, same friendly hosts, etc.. Make AIRFest 28 your rocketry destination for 2022. The Argonia Rocket Pasture is centrally located for everyone and we'll have some of the best rockets, best rocketeers, and major national vendors in attendance.

Book your hotels soon. The Anthony Cobblestone is still not in play so Harper or Wellington are your best bets after the small places fill up.

We've had to bump our pricing a little bit to cover known price increases, due mostly to fuel costs. Sorry about that.

A note about crops ... there will be soybeans in the fields immediately adjacent to the rocket pasture where there was milo last year. This is due to conservation crop rotation and should be easier to track rockets vs. the milo. My personal tactic is going to be to fly high and overfly the soybeans. As always, nearly all of the fields in our 8 nm radius, 50,000' waiver are being actively farmed and TRACKERS ARE YOUR BEST ALLY for recovering rockets in the crops. Many fields will be cultivated dirt at this time of year, but there's a chance you might land in a weedy pasture or waterway. Prepare now by acquiring a tracking system for your rockets.

Speaking of 50,000' waiver - if your planning on exceeding 23,000' you have to get your flight reviewed and approved ahead of time. Visit the web-site "Flyer Information" for the form. You'll need to get that submitted by August 1.

af28logo.png

My kids are wanting to do NARAM this year, so that's where the budget is going. Yes, it is killing me a little.

Hello All!!!

The web-site for AIRFest 28 has been posted and we are taking pre-registration NOW. http://www.kloudbusters.org/airfest/Default.aspx

Nothing of note has changed - same great waiver, awesome field, same friendly hosts, etc.. Make AIRFest 28 your rocketry destination for 2022. The Argonia Rocket Pasture is centrally located for everyone and we'll have some of the best rockets, best rocketeers, and major national vendors in attendance.

Book your hotels soon. The Anthony Cobblestone is still not in play so Harper or Wellington are your best bets after the small places fill up.

We've had to bump our pricing a little bit to cover known price increases, due mostly to fuel costs. Sorry about that.

A note about crops ... there will be soybeans in the fields immediately adjacent to the rocket pasture where there was milo last year. This is due to conservation crop rotation and should be easier to track rockets vs. the milo. My personal tactic is going to be to fly high and overfly the soybeans. As always, nearly all of the fields in our 8 nm radius, 50,000' waiver are being actively farmed and TRACKERS ARE YOUR BEST ALLY for recovering rockets in the crops. Many fields will be cultivated dirt at this time of year, but there's a chance you might land in a weedy pasture or waterway. Prepare now by acquiring a tracking system for your rockets.

Speaking of 50,000' waiver - if your planning on exceeding 23,000' you have to get your flight reviewed and approved ahead of time. Visit the web-site "Flyer Information" for the form. You'll need to get that submitted by August 1.

View attachment 525373
Where can I buy a that poster !!!!!

FYI I tried submitting a volunteer request and got the following in red:

"Volunteer request failed due to transaction error. Please try again later."

Anyways...registered and am really looking forward to this one.

FYI I tried submitting a volunteer request and got the following in red:

"Volunteer request failed due to transaction error. Please try again later."

Anyways...registered and am really looking forward to this one.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll check into it and report back here.

Lance, Bob, & Crew,

• I like to use bullet points; get over it! ;)
  • CANNOT wait to return to the Rocket Pasture...it's been far too long!
  • We'll have 3 generations of the family there. My oldest son is now M1 Junior L1 certified. If he is a minor but flies H-I motors, should I register him as a regular flyer?
  • Bob: the Phoenix is making the trip. Let's get the Kloudbusters Airshow Team together again!
  • I'll bring some Spotted Cow for Amy...and Bob...and Skippy.... Oh heck, I'll bring a pile of Spotted Cow. And maybe some cheese curds.

Lance, Bob, & Crew,

• We'll have 3 generations of the family there. My oldest son is now M1 Junior L1 certified. If he is a minor but flies H-I motors, should I register him as a regular flyer?
  • Bob: the Phoenix is making the trip. Let's get the Kloudbusters Airshow Team together again!
  • I'll bring some Spotted Cow for Amy...and Bob...and Skippy.... Oh heck, I'll bring a pile of Spotted Cow. And maybe some cheese curds.
Phoenix? Fly the Phoenix? Well. . . . OK!
(I haven't checked but I know Jay is onboard! Doesn't take much for either of us to drag them out.)
Bring the hat!

Hello All!!!

View attachment 525373
I sent an email to the Kloudbusters acct. I registered but a couple days later i had a tragic family issue and will now not be able to attend. I was hoping I could cancel my registration but i understand business. I hadn't heard anything so i am reaching out here. Thank you for your time.

Andrew Connors
Bluegrass Rocketry Society.

just a note for ya on the vendor page:
i think the the altus metrum dot come site might have a misspelling in the website
just a note for ya on the vendor page:
i think the the altus metrum dot come site might have a misspelling in the website.
thanks you can refresh the page and it should be fixed

I sent an email to the Kloudbusters acct. I registered but a couple days later i had a tragic family issue and will now not be able to attend. I was hoping I could cancel my registration but i understand business. I hadn't heard anything so i am reaching out here. Thank you for your time.

Andrew Connors
Bluegrass Rocketry Society.
I sent the requested info. Thanks for your help, sincerely.

Lance, Bob, & Crew,

If I recall correctly, you were going to bring a 3" rocket we came to a, for lack of a better word, gentleman's agreement on. At least I think it was you.

Last edited:
Phoenix? Fly the Phoenix? Well. . . . OK!
(I haven't checked but I know Jay is onboard! Doesn't take much for either of us to drag them out.)
Bring the hat!
There may be a spoiler out there. I know where there is a brand new one ready to fly. Mine is still in the box though.

Lance, Bob, & Crew,

I like spotted cow!! Cheese curds are good too!!
It will be great to see you and the family again Eric.

Amy

AIRFest flyers:

www.kloudbusters.org/AIRFest/default.aspx

The clock is ticking. If you're planning a launch between 23,000' and 50,000' AGL you need to submit a High Altitude approval request to the Prefect (Bob) by this Monday!!! Go to the AIRFest 28 web page and browse to the Flyer Information page to find the link.

Also just two weeks left for discount pre-registration. Get a $15 discount vs. on-field registration plus order official AIRFest 28 tshirts.

Oh and while you're on the website, please sign up for a few range duty slots. We love volunteers. We truly do.

Last edited:
Back