EVENT AIRFest 28, Sept. 2-5, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home from Airfest..
What a wonderful launch..
What a wonderful welcoming bunch of people..
If hosting a laugh event was a thing..
You all win..
And that's not even mentioning the coolest flights you'll see anywhere all year..
Thank you all, the Kloudbusters and the attendees..
What a wonderful bunch..

Teddy

They were calling heads up, and I was watching another rocket land about 50 ft away. Closest I’ve come to being nailed by a rocket. Wish I had known it was Dave’s, my comments would have been more colorful. Still think I could have hit his “Flying basket of death and destruction”.

They were calling heads up, and I was watching another rocket land about 50 ft away. Closest I’ve come to being nailed by a rocket. Wish I had known it was Dave’s, my comments would have been more colorful. Still think I could have hit his “Flying basket of death and destruction”.
Hahaha!

You're not hitting that basket in the air. No one is. Ever.

I double dog dare you to try.

-Dave

Home from Airfest..
What a wonderful launch..
What a wonderful welcoming bunch of people..
If hosting a laugh event was a thing..
You all win..
And that's not even mentioning the coolest flights you'll see anywhere all year..
Thank you all, the Kloudbusters and the attendees..
What a wonderful bunch..

Teddy
Thanks Teddy

Dave Schaeffer (I may have spelled his last name wrong)
Dave flew his Komet sucessfully twice from that pad. Another flier flew a similar Komet from the same pad but hit the trees on final approach. Both were converted form the same R/C kit, which originally had a small puller prop I believe.

Edit to add: many thanks to the Kloudbusters for letting us use the last unused pad as the blast deflector and brace for the launch ramp contraption.

Dave flew his Komet sucessfully twice from that pad. Another flier flew a similar Komet from the same pad but hit the trees on final approach. Both were converted form the same R/C kit, which originally had a small puller prop I believe.

Edit to add: many thanks to the Kloudbusters for letting us use the last unused pad as the blast deflector and brace for the launch ramp contraption.

Ah! I had thought that was Dave's rocket, as well.

Challenger STS 51L flew its maiden flight today on an AT N2000 to 21,000 feet AGL. 20,500 per Missileworks and 21,600 per GPS. Mach 1.75. Typical shakedown motor. Will put video together and up on Youtube when I get back home in a few days.

This is a Wildman Competitor 5 rocket.

Five inch diameter by 121” long after some lengthening to better accommodate my planned flights.

20 lbs loaded no motor and 48 pounds pad weight with motor.

Painted in a memorial Space Shuttle Challenger scheme. Crew members names are placed on the nose in their actual seating positions for the 51L flight that took place January 28th 1986, ending shortly after takeoff in a catastrophe felt across the nation with the loss of all seven aboard. Rest In Peace.View attachment 535871
Your rocket is beautiful! Thank you for a wonderful memorial for the Challenger crew.

Back