EVENT AIRFest 28, Sept. 2-5, 2022

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddy I was impressed with how quickly you were able to get that rocket. Where was it?
It was about 1.8 miles to the North West, immediately I started driving when it was coming down and retrieved it within 10 minutes of it launching! That would’ve never happened if it wasn’t for Kate, had to do a little jumping over a electric fence, but was 700ft off a side road. Btw was really great to meet you, I throughly enjoyed being your neighbor for the weekend!

For those of you who certified at AirFest and who gave your certification forms to me, Deb has them all updated in the database. You can now pop over to the website and download a picture of your updated card that shows your new certification level.

You can use this to prove your certification level at any launch, or with a motor vendor.

Not sure how to get the virtual card? Log in to the Tripoli website and go to your profile. From there, click the "Download Membership Card" as shown in the attached image.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
For those of you who certified at AirFest and who gave your certification forms to me, Deb has them all updated in the database. You can now pop over to the website and download a picture of your updated card that shows your new certification level.

You can use this to prove your certification level at any launch, or with a motor vendor.

Not sure how to get the virtual card? Log in to the Tripoli website and go to your profile. From there, click the "Download Membership Card" as shown in the attached image.

There was a flock of cert flights all on the same rack Saturday afternoon! Congrats to all those that certed!

There was a flock of cert flights all on the same rack Saturday afternoon! Congrats to all those that certed!

If you're referring to the 30s somewhere in the 1:00 - 2:00 timeframe, three of those are university students from UNL.

WONDERFUL..
WONDERFUL..
WONDERFUL..
Is anyone left thats surprised by Airfest and the Kloudbusters..
Hardest working, most hospitable bunch of folks in the world..
Thank ALL so much..
Every single person how attends as well,,
thank you for your generosity..

Teddy

I rarely fly at AIRFest. I even less frequently get a photo. I hardly ever post photos. But here I am, standing by a rocket I flew on an L1520 to 11,919'. I flew two others during AIRFest. Weird huh? 😎

Attachments

• 06AA0CD5-A1FA-4598-8FCD-5F79199543F5.jpeg
    06AA0CD5-A1FA-4598-8FCD-5F79199543F5.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
WONDERFUL..
WONDERFUL..
WONDERFUL..
Is anyone left thats surprised by Airfest and the Kloudbusters..
Hardest working, most hospitable bunch of folks in the world..
Thank ALL so much..
Every single person how attends as well,,
thank you for your generosity..

Teddy

It was great to see you and Sandy, Teddy! :)

-Kevin

Take aways from Airfest28:

- It's hard to drink enough water to keep your pee the right color.
- The Tripoli clubs from Texas know how to do a shrimp boil
- Kloudbusters know what they are doing
- Don't argue with Bob.
- Trackers on EVERYTHING. Rockets like to play hide and seek in the beans.
- Terry Smemo is a hilarious LCO
- R/C rocket gliders are really really cool especially when they drag race
odns.JPG

It was about 1.8 miles to the North West, immediately I started driving when it was coming down and retrieved it within 10 minutes of it launching! That would’ve never happened if it wasn’t for Kate, had to do a little jumping over a electric fence, but was 700ft off a side road. Btw was really great to meet you, I throughly enjoyed being your neighbor for the weekend!
Nice up! Motor?

If you're referring to the 30s somewhere in the 1:00 - 2:00 timeframe, three of those are university students from UNL.

I believe that's exactly when it was! I told my son that was probably school teams certing. He's a senior Mech E at the University of Tulsa, and has been trying to get traction there for a club/team. Probably won't come to fruition until after he graduates, but the seed is planted.

I believe that's exactly when it was! I told my son that was probably school teams certing. He's a senior Mech E at the University of Tulsa, and has been trying to get traction there for a club/team. Probably won't come to fruition until after he graduates, but the seed is planted.

The best thing he can do is find some students who are interested, and get them building and flying something. It plants the seed, it gets them interested, it gets them doing something, and it gets the learning started.

The three UNL students are the team leads for their program - one is a senior, one a junior, one a sophomore. They were headed back to Lincoln, with the plan of getting the rest of the team building and flying Estes rockets. After that, at least one of the three (preferably two) will start working towards Level 2.

I rarely fly at AIRFest. I even less frequently get a photo. I hardly ever post photos. But here I am, standing by a rocket I flew on an L1520 to 11,919'. I flew two others during AIRFest. Weird huh? 😎

I was awesome to see Lance fly three times, and I even saw Bob fly a rocket.
I flew one a day and had a great time.
Made my reservations at the hotel for next year as I was checking out 😉

If u don't zoom in far enough, it looks like the nose cone is curved/squished sideways lol

Holy cow, what was left to rebuild from? That was an epic ballistic ending.
Believe it or not my Featherweight tracker was still functioning. I saved the Red Fin which was the fin from the 1st one which got tangled up in the parachute and came down sideways. #1 was cardboard, #2 was wrapped in 4oz fiberglass, I’ll either go 2 wraps of 4oz or go 6 oz for #3. It was a pretty epic landing. 😂

Believe it or not my Featherweight tracker was still functioning. I saved the Red Fin which was the fin from the 1st one which got tangled up in the parachute and came down sideways. #1 was cardboard, #2 was wrapped in 4oz fiberglass, I’ll either go 2 wraps of 4oz or go 6 oz for #3. It was a pretty epic landing. 😂

Did you find your JLCR?

Wow, that's impressive.

Back