Interceptor-M with Booster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I may have to plan on PB as this years one big event for me to attend. I wish I could help you guys, but I'm just a bit too far away up here in the O.C. Looking forward to some Fat Tire!!

Todd,
Got the T-H cam today, it’s friggin' awesome. It uses a standard SD card expandable memory so no need to start the camera at the last min. Just pop a 1Gig in there and leter' run. I'll bring it to the next DART launch so you can check it out.

Nice! I may have to go ahead and order one! That way we can definitely shoot up and down...or maybe sideways?

Looks like I may have to plan on PB as this years one big event for me to attend. I wish I could help you guys, but I'm just a bit too far away up here in the O.C. Looking forward to some Fat Tire!!

Alright! I'll keep one cold for you!

OK - what's a "T-H cam"? (I'm looking into on-board camera sysems, that's why I ask.)

Also, to answer an earlier question... California rules are no single motor larger than 10,240 NSec (M), no cluster larger than 20,480 Nsec (N). (I knew studying for my Pyro III license would come in handy...) :dork:

Ashley

Todd, So that's no cluster bigger than 20K? We should be able to get that baby airborne with 20,000N + or -!! Just hangin' out at LAX waitin' for a plane.... I'll get the bro to get us some of that honeycomb for the wings and when I get back I'll order the tubing from WhiteCap. be in touch, R

Will 12" tubes work. I just acquired 2 12" tubes, one 6 footer and one 4 footer. They seem pretty rigid, about 1/4 " thick. If you can use them, they're yours. Otherwise I'm gonna have to make something out of them. hehehe

The plan is for a 10inch main tube with 12inch booster so we coult definetly use the 12inch if you're offering. I'll defer to Todd for length requirements. It would be nice to get it to San Diego by Feb 24 build session. Thanx again.

Todd,

Extra credit if you build the entire thing from pieces from the EMRR Box-o-parts competition;)

I was thinking I hope he doesn't get the two projects mixed up.:)
"Honey, there's a semi backing up to the garage, and the driver is saying something about a 'Pallet o' Parts contest'":eek:

Not to be the bearer of bad news gang... But our fears about our motor supplier may have come true...

I just got a text message from Jesse Blas at the TRASD launch that Andy Woerner has definitely sold Polecat Aerospace and What's Up Hobbies to someone up in Stockton...

Not sure what this means about the availability of motors, but this is going to have to be sorted out before the project goes forward... It'd be really stinky to have the airframe built and have to figure out how to jam 1000 Estes D12's up the tailpipe...

I should have more info soon...

Nice! I may have to go ahead and order one! That way we can definitely shoot up and down...or maybe sideways?

Todd,
Sent a sample to your G-mail. Wish I had bought 2. I also have 2 "single use" CVS camcorders.

And that sux about Andy, but he has to do whats best for him I guess.

Hey! That video wasn't half bad! I mean I don't know if the actor put on a convincing performance, but...

I have an ATC-2000 cam that you guys can use. I know Allen has a couple that he used on the X-Wing as well. I am not sure if any of those are still intact though.

Not to be the bearer of bad news gang... But our fears about our motor supplier may have come true...

I just got a text message from Jesse Blas at the TRASD launch that Andy Woerner has definitely sold Polecat Aerospace and What's Up Hobbies to someone up in Stockton...

Not sure what this means about the availability of motors, but this is going to have to be sorted out before the project goes forward... It'd be really stinky to have the airframe built and have to figure out how to jam 1000 Estes D12's up the tailpipe...

I should have more info soon...

Thats not good news at all. Let us know what is going on if/when you have any more information. My Dad and I were not able to make it out to the launch this weekend so this is the first we have heard of it.

Todd,
Things should be business as usual as far as Andy's store. He sold it to Jack Garibaldi who is a great guy. He lives in Central coast ( good news for Ashley)
He is more affiliated with ROC down here. Part of the selling contract is that he has to attend TRA -SD and ROC launches monthly.

Brent

Oh yeah,
The launch just wasn't the same without you and Lee there.
I drank no beer and my highest altitude for the day was only 10,821 ft.

Better not miss another one Jerk! :)

I talked to Jesse a bit and he told me your situation.. My heart felt wishes go out to you.. hang in there!

Brent

The plan is for a 10inch main tube with 12inch booster so we coult definetly use the 12inch if you're offering. I'll defer to Todd for length requirements. It would be nice to get it to San Diego by Feb 24 build session. Thanx again.

I can drive down on the 23rd with the 12" tube. Let me know which size you need. PM me for directions and such.

I can drive down on the 23rd with the 12" tube. Let me know which size you need. PM me for directions and such.

If you are going to come down on the 23rd, are you interested in coming to the DART Fiesta Island launch?

For the booster, we are going to be looking at something around 96" or so...

Todd & Jesse,
Did you ever hear back from Kelltym about the 12inch tube? If not, I'll need to go get a piece @ Dixieline for the next build session sched for Mar 9??
Also, who's posting pic's of build and where? Thanx

Todd & Jesse,
Did you ever hear back from Kelltym about the 12inch tube? If not, I'll need to go get a piece @ Dixieline for the next build session sched for Mar 9??
Also, who's posting pic's of build and where? Thanx

Hey Rick-

I've not heard back from Kelltym. I'll PM him. I've just finished rescaling the pics from the build and will get some of them posted after work. If you get itchy to see them, I've already posted the full set to PRS site under the Team Projects.

Oh man. I so totally forgot to get back to you guys. I am sorry. I wouldn't have been able to make it last Saturday anyway, the brakes went out on my van. Any way, the 12" tubes are 77" and 53". Will that still work? Let me know. And again, I apologize.

Oh man. I so totally forgot to get back to you guys. I am sorry. I wouldn't have been able to make it last Saturday anyway, the brakes went out on my van. Any way, the 12" tubes are 77" and 53". Will that still work? Let me know. And again, I apologize.

No problem. We had a couple of other tubes to glass anyway. That should be plenty of tubing. Our next build is scheduled for March 9th. Any chance we can get them by then? If not, we will probably try and pick them up locally...

Alrighty... Now that we've got the business out of the way...

PICTURE TIME!!!

We had several people show up for the first build session. The souls who braved the mysterious water falling from the sky were:

Rick Frelke, Larry Frelke, Kevin Frelke, Jim McKinley, Sean McKinley, Joe Conway, Jesse Blas, Scott Lawson, me!

I dodged fiberglassing duty... There are only so many bodies you can have working on a tube... Even if it's 8' long!

webP0140.jpg

webP0147.jpg

webP0162.jpg

webP0176.jpg

I on the other hand, started working on the wing pods... We are going to go with 4" LOC cones for the fronts and 5.5" Polecat cones for the tails...

webP0150.jpg

webP0161.jpg

webP0168.jpg

The fins are going to be made from this weird composite sheeting that Larry Frelke found in a scrap pile....

webP0152.jpg

webP0143.jpg

webP0153.jpg

And finally for this batch of photos... The foam for the nose cone. We had half a sheet of the yellow fiberglass reinforced foam that we used for the Y-wing canopy left, so we cut it into squares getting it ready to glue and shape. the only downside to this stuff is all the silver liner that you have to peel off....

There are some more pictures posted from the build session at www.punk-rockets.com in the Team Projects section. Stop by and check them out!

webP0177.jpg

webP0182.jpg

webP0186.jpg

Nice pictures! Where is the finger picture?
If any one on RTF wants to join the build, PM me and I'll get you directions to the Mar 9 build. Approx time 1-6pm following the DART launch.

Nice pictures! Where is the finger picture?
If any one on RTF wants to join the build, PM me and I'll get you directions to the Mar 9 build. Approx time 1-6pm following the DART launch.

Hehe... I edited that one out for the "family" audience here... It is however on the PRS site... Spirit of Val, BEGONE!

Latest posts

Back