Are you ready for the holiday sales?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the latest update .
We just received another 2 pallets from AT. my guess is another 3 left before its all over .
there is no specific order that I can see to just batches of Motors.
It should take a day or 2 to get everything unpacked and sorted .
We will get everything from this shipment that we can out later this week early next.
There is another pallet or 2 leaving them this week.
We have received 3 from CTI. I know we are missing 29XL and 38 3g cases .
Just today we sent out over 30 Hazmat's .

I also want to apologize to anyone who has an Ultimate or Jumbo on order without reloads that hasn't received it yet .
Our fiberglass manufacture has basically dropped the ball on 6" and 8" stuff .
The Ultimate's will be done next week and I think the same with the Jumbo's ,providing FEDEX doesn't loose the pallet again .

Since I found Wildman, almost all of my fleet is Wildman. There is no better supplier of fiberglass rockets. Sure, I get impatient waiting for stuff, but the wait is always worth it.

Thanks, Tim and Jackie. You’re great people. I’m pleased to count you among my friends.
Just ordered 2 wm rockets. These will be my first from them. Can't wait to get those also.

For anyone that is buying from WM on their first Black Friday pre-order sale this year, this is the normal progression. Best course of action is to order what you need for a year, then understand the cycle starts/ends in March. I am still working through my 2020 WM Black Friday orders - both in terms of builds and motors. When I get my Black Friday shipment at Red Glare in a few weeks, it will set me up with motors and builds until Red Glare 2023. Then 2024, ad infinitum.

Some version of this post needs to be the first post in each year's "Are you ready for the holiday sales?" thread because we spend the next 4 months answering the same questions every year..

IMHO, Tim and Jackie are the best vendors we have in the business right now. I love some stuff I get from other vendors, but no one out there works as hard to get us awesome stuff every day. Also, they answer the phone and you can get Tim on the phone and ask things like "Tim, can you make me an 8" Goblin with a 4x75mm motor mount with crazy 1/2 inch thick carbon fiber honeycomb fins?" And he says, "sure" and has it to you in a few days.

You can and should plan your rocket year around this sale.

Ah FedEx, the most reliable shipper of them all
/s
Well imagine that FEDEX strikes again .
A normal 2 day Priority shipment turns into 4 business days. This time they didn't even bother to slap a BS weather exception on it .
So the Ultimate's won't go until sometime next week .

Last edited:
Well imagine that FEDEX strikes again .
A normal 2 day Priority shipment turns into 4 business days. This time they didn't even both to slap a BS weather exception on it .
So the Ultimate's won't go until sometime next week .

You can only do what you can do, Tim. At this point, you are at the mercy of others.

Almost Friday buddy.

Give me a shout once my reloads are gathered up and I'll swing out. No hurry, just don't want you to accidentally ship them.

For anyone that is buying from WM on their first Black Friday pre-order sale this year, this is the normal progression. Best course of action is to order what you need for a year, then understand the cycle starts/ends in March. I am still working through my 2020 WM Black Friday orders - both in terms of builds and motors. When I get my Black Friday shipment at Red Glare in a few weeks,...

Did you get a confirmation that your order will be delivered to Red Glare?

The motor orders are taking longer than usual this year, in my experience. I am also attending a big event April 1-3, and I am getting a little nervous about receiving the motors in time. My BF order is nothing but motors.

I have a few motors on hand from the previous year but not enough to sustain a 3 day event. I prefer to sort and build motors at home, not purchase on site.

You can call and ask them them to ship what they have and pick up the rest at Red Glare. That's what I did and most of my order arrived yesterday.

Thanks Tim and Jackie!

The motor orders are taking longer than usual this year, in my experience. I am also attending a big event April 1-3, and I am getting a little nervous about receiving the motors in time. My BF order is nothing but motors.

I have a few motors on hand from the previous year but not enough to sustain a 3 day event. I prefer to sort and build motors at home, not purchase on site.

I called them in January and asked them to bring all my stuff to Red Glare and they immediately refunded my shipping costs and said "no problem". I did put in a large order of motors, so if there are one or two that don't come in time for Red Glare, I will work it out with Tim at the field.

We haven’t had actually conformation when but we have a really big chunk in hand and more in transit .
There should be only one more big or 2 smaller shipments to complete the sale .
Unfortunately if you have 1.5k on order and are missing 1 m1297 your order isn’t ready.

I have a question. Does Wildman do custom sizes of kits on the site like say a 2.2" or 2.6" AGM-78?

You can call and ask them them to ship what they have and pick up the rest at Red Glare. That's what I did and most of my order arrived yesterday.

That would work great If I was attending Red Glare along with the Wildman. Unfortunately, I am attending Michiana Mayhem, April 1-3.

At this point, I don't even remember which motors I ordered. However, I'm confident Tim & Jackie have that properly tracked.

Yes
We miss you out there
I was thinking maybe you were still having vehicle problems. My son's truck like your has DEK tank heater issue. The dealer he goes to has 6 trucks setting on the lot waiting for parts. I miss all you guys a lot. Not sure if I will get to a launch this year. It's very depressing. Love you all.

At this point, I don't even remember which motors I ordered. However, I'm confident Tim & Jackie have that properly tracked.

Ah! Found it.

A pair of M1939s.

Guess I better get the rocket that those are for built, eh?

Back