Al's Hobby Shop - Doing Us RIGHT!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valkrider15

Reaction score
I have been dealing with Ken from Al's Hobby Shop on a group purchase of 11 Dr. Rocket 38/240-480 casing sets. Let me just say that the service has been OUTSTANDING!!!! Ken is quick to answer e-mails and has been great at keeping me up to date on the order.

If you can imagine - The order was placed last Wednesday and the first person received their motor that following Friday!! ONLY 2 DAYS and on their doorstep.

Several on the West Coast will have packages delivered tomorrow. 6 sets have been shipped so far (just waiting for Dr. Rocket to get some more stock).

Also - Al's runs a monthly Auction in support of the NAR Legal Fund, Tickets $1 each or 6 for $5. Since we got a better deal than expected several of the group had an extra $10 which they donated to the cause and received raffle tickets . . . Well . . .

One of our own - Rabidsheep (Omar) - is now the proud owner of a brand new, 4", 54MM motor mount, Black Brant!!! For a whole whopping $10!!!

If you are looking for a vendor that backs up their promisses with quick action - Give Ken a call.

Now back to your regulary scheduled programming!!

-Greg

Thanks for letting us know about a solid vendor like AHS, it's good to hear that someone out there is still interested in us!

I have the good fortune to live 20min away from AL's, Ken is A1 you should see some of his EX motor's !:D

i don't know, i've found ken to be slow and unresponsive. however i have been happy with purchases from Al's and will undoubtably buy from them again.

I know Ken has a "Real Day Job" and works a couple days a week at the hobby shop, so I guess you need to realize that. But during this process he did give me his cell number and has been nothing but responsive. As always, your milage may vary.

Received my 38mm set yesterday. Everything was as promised and packed well. Sweet deal!

Thanks Ken and Greg!

Steve

I just ordered from Al's. Talked to them on the phone and they were great. Ill let you know how the rest of the transaction goes.

Dan

My experiences with Al's are top notch. Noticed a "meet or beat any price" ad in SR one day, called to have a look and got a Tethys for $75, same with a 29mm motor set (the price difference, not $75 :D ). So, I'm extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.

I stubled across this thread while searching for something completely unrelated, but thought that I'd too chime in with continued kudos for Al's Hobbies.

I haven't even called or emailed Ken directly (although he is refrenced on the site as thier rocket guy). I've simply placed orders through the website. Got lot's of responses and fast shipping, always getting exactly what I ordered.

I can't help but take advantage of his ongoing 25% off on Dr. Rocket and Aerotech (brand) reload hardware sale. Over three separate orders, all with the same top notch experience, I've ordered tubes, nose cones, centering rings, an Aeropack retainer, and three pieces of reload hardware. I have also noticed that the website seems to have "real time" inventory tracking. Meaning, I tried to order two LOC 3.9 (4") body tubes, and the site wouldn't let me because they only had one in stock. Kewl! (I date dealing with backorders....)

Back