Aerotech Dark Matter Propellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! That H178 should give my Thor quite a ride!:D

The following is posted on Rocketry Online:

TMT Certifies AeroTech Dark Matter and Propellant X Loads

First off: Dark Matter. Dark Matter is a sparky propellant but unlike Metalstorm with it’s higher ISP and white smoke, Dark Matter is the black smoke sparky. Three motors were certified in this propellant.

H178DM-14A This load for the 38-360 case tested out as a 77% H with 283 Total NS, from a propellant weight of 177 grams, total motor weight of 324 grams. The curve shows a motor accelerating to 30 pounds off the pad, rising to 45 pounds max at the 1.2 second point continuing to 30 pounds at the 1.6 second point where it dropped to zero at 1.74 seconds and a 162 N average.

I327DM-14A This load for the 38-720 case tested out as a 68% I with 539 Total NS, from a propellant weight of 354 grams, total motor weight of 628 grams. The curve shows a motor accelerating to a 90 pound max off the pad, reducing to a sustainer value of about 80 pounds until reaching the 1.4 second point dropping to zero at the 1.72 seconds recorded burn time with a 313 N average.

K456DM-14A This load for the 54-1706 case tested out as a 0% K with 1281 Total NS, from a propellant weight of 866 grams, total motor weight of 1484 grams. The curve shows a motor accelerating to a 120 pound max off the pad, reducing to a sustainer value of about 110 pounds until reaching the 2 second point rounding down to 90 pounds at the 2.6 second point, dropping to zero at the 2.897 seconds recorded burn time with a 438 N average..

Second off is a high ISP propellant call Propellant X. It is a fast burning long yellow/white flame with low smoke.

K1103X-14A This load is also for the 54-1706 case and tested out as a 39% K with 1789.5 Total NS, from a propellant weight of 830 grams, total motor weight of 1459 grams. The curve shows a motor accelerating to a 400 pound max off the pad, reducing to a sustainer value of about 300 pounds with a slow down curve to 240 pounds at the 1.4 second point, dropping to zero at the 1.6 second recorded burn time for a 1134 N Average.

Congrats to the Aerotech team for four new motors successfully certified and continued success.

Paul Holmes

Chairman, Tripoli Motor Testing

It has no information about when they will be available.

The following is posted on Rocketry Online:

TMT Certifies AeroTech Dark Matter and Propellant X Loads

K456DM-14A This load for the 54-1706 case tested out as a 0% K with 1281 Total NS, from a propellant weight of 866 grams, total motor weight of 1484 grams. The curve shows a motor accelerating to a 120 pound max off the pad, reducing to a sustainer value of about 110 pounds until reaching the 2 second point rounding down to 90 pounds at the 2.6 second point, dropping to zero at the 2.897 seconds recorded burn time with a 438 N average..

Congrats to the Aerotech team for four new motors successfully certified and continued success.

Paul Holmes

Chairman, Tripoli Motor Testing

It has no information about when they will be available.

I have to laugh every time I see this.

0% K hmmm.

I also emailed my local dealer and he said that it would be about 3-4months before us here in California would see them. Because of the long CA certification process.

Looking forward to trying them. I like the CTI skids but cannot justify the extra cost of them at the moment. Hopefully aerotech will keep the price in line with the currently available reloads.

We are hungry for some Dark Matter in CA !

Read these were TRA certified, what is the next step for sale in CA ?

Or when are they due to start selling anywhere ?

Kenny

Great, we've seen the pics, and read about the cert, but can anyone tell us what vendor, and when?

Contacted my vendor (Whats Up Hobbies)last week and he said that he thinks he will have them in 3-4months.

California requires extra certs.

Back