Secret Santa 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Just caching up.. (since I sit in front of a computer screen 8 hrs a day, I tend to "disconnect" over the holidays, and get lost in a few lands of make-believe. Like Azeroth!

Yes, I'd like to thank my SS for the LOC IV! Not gonna guess, It's one of you, and I thank you! (But I do have to do a bit of research, is that 4 or 6? Was it LOC's 4th (or 6th) kit? did it just sound cool?! whatever, it'll be built soon enough!

Jim, AKA SmugglerVT, I guess we'll be doing a few drag races, as I just started building my Formula 54 i got a few months ago.

Sadly, it looks like my SS got short-changed: he posted 2 kits of the 4 ordered (2 were small items, so might have been missed..) I will contact him shortly to inquire (and ruin the surprise.. :( ) unless someone else has a suggestion?

Happy new yer everyone! may your flight be high & straight, and the walk short!
That is a sweet kit! My guess is the Loc IV was named for the 4" body tube. :)

You think Secret Santa 2018 is over? It's not! There is more! I got some gift cards to pass out. One is going to the Papa Elf special winner. I am going to browse the secret santa thread to decide who gets the remaining cards. So check your mail boxes in a couple days to see if you got a letter from papa elf! And if you do, don't forget to post!

ignore me here. ( double post coupled to phone issues....can you read me now?)

Last edited:
Still haven’t guessed who sent mine but my recipient hasn’t either. Guess its a bronco buster
My third guess is Rockyt?

Still haven’t guessed who sent mine but my recipient hasn’t either. Guess its a bronco buster
My third guess is Rockyt?
I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark here (since obviously no hints were given) and guess EvryThngIsAOK was my SS.

And, as a public service message:

Please, always check the packaging & packing. There might be an extra kit or two, or some other small thing buried in the packing peanuts. Don't assume the 'big kit' was the only thing int eh box..

@ EvryThingIsAOK-
20140823_pjc_su8_174.JPG.0.jpg

I also want to mention all six of the gift cards have been mailed yesterday. So check your mail boxes to see if Papa Elf selected you! :D.

Pappa elf, that was a group effort! Everyone pitched in a little. Special thanks to Andrew for initiating it though.

Back