Secret Santa 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my suspicions were correct. Fiberglass on fiberglass. I got a Madcow 2.6" fiberglass Goblin. This rocket has been on my SS wish list every time I participate and also on my own personal gotta get list for years. Finally have it! Thank you Secret Santa. I am going to enjoy this little rocket.

So who are you? I have guessed right all but once I think...

EvryThngIsAOk .. ..
Is it you?

Merry Christmas folks. :)
Nope wasn’t me sorry

To my recipient, a hint. I posted that their box shouldn't be stored on the stove when received. I'll add that next to the fireplace or under a flaming Christmas tree would also have been bad places for it

I have to join the choir of members with an exceptionally generous SS. I feel this forum is more of a family than any other and 'breaks the internet mold' in the best way possible.

my only regret is not being able to be as generous.

Thank you Ss for making a great Christmas a hit better
I'm Glad you like them. I Hope you get some great flights out of them! Merry Christmas!!

Ill take a stab at guessing my SS...

Nytrunner??

I could just imagine the rocketpoxy and foam would love the warmth of a flame!

It seems like everyone has reported what gifts they've gotten except @drwogz
Does anyone know if he's doing OK?

I ordered his gift and he got it a while back as he reported, but he hasn't been on TRF since Monday..

Thanks,

I don’t even know where to begin guessing.But I will Guess Eric?

Hint to my recipient.. don’t paint it blue even if it is a primary color

I'm Glad you like them. I Hope you get some great flights out of them! Merry Christmas!!
I most definitely will, and again, you were way too kind. I thank you humbly.

Now I can actually order the Blue Angels kit from Stickershock23 rather than continue to hassle him about adjusting it to a skonk wulf. :)

Finally got chance to open my gift ty very much for the 75mm aeropack retainer I have a kit in the pile I needed one for.
Thanks again!!!!

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of the participants of the TRF SS 2018 Papa Elf, special-thanks gift. All of your generosity has given us the opportunity to get something extra special for Papa Elf. And thanks to you Papa Elf for coordinating this twice a year. We couldn't do it without you! Also, a special thanks to Andrew for starting and coordinating the collection. Happy Holidays everyone!

Got a Formula 54. My favorite flyer. Now I have one to use my lab rat nose cone avbay sled with. Thanks SS. I'm guessing somewhere on the west coast. Gonna make a guess and say Emckee.

Bingo!

Good guess. Hope you enjoy it, even as it sounds like you already have one. Maybe it's a different color, at least?

No hints in my packaging as to who my SS is...

Bingo!

Good guess. Hope you enjoy it, even as it sounds like you already have one. Maybe it's a different color, at least?

No hints in my packaging as to who my SS is...
Definitely, my first one is orange and my most flown rocket. Going to be nice to have a second one, now with a tracker in it.

Thanks very much.

Thanks for everyone participating! I also want to thank the vendors who have contributed to the papa elf special. There may be one more donation that arrived late but will be sent out in the new year. Also want to thank the two people who the funds for shipping the papa elf special!

Finally, if you are still waiting on a gift please let me know.

So it would seem I am not good at guessing this year. Secret Santa you want to fess up? :) So I can thank you personally.

Hi All,

Just caching up.. (since I sit in front of a computer screen 8 hrs a day, I tend to "disconnect" over the holidays, and get lost in a few lands of make-believe. Like Azeroth!

Yes, I'd like to thank my SS for the LOC IV! Not gonna guess, It's one of you, and I thank you! (But I do have to do a bit of research, is that 4 or 6? Was it LOC's 4th (or 6th) kit? did it just sound cool?! whatever, it'll be built soon enough!

Jim, AKA SmugglerVT, I guess we'll be doing a few drag races, as I just started building my Formula 54 i got a few months ago.

Sadly, it looks like my SS got short-changed: he posted 2 kits of the 4 ordered (2 were small items, so might have been missed..) I will contact him shortly to inquire (and ruin the surprise.. :( ) unless someone else has a suggestion?

Happy new yer everyone! may your flight be high & straight, and the walk short!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just caching up.. (since I sit in front of a computer screen 8 hrs a day, I tend to "disconnect" over the holidays, and get lost in a few lands of make-believe. Like Azeroth!

Yes, I'd like to thank my SS for the LOC IV! Not gonna guess, It's one of you, and I thank you! (But I do have to do a bit of research, is that 4 or 6? Was it LOC's 4th (or 6th) kit? did it just sound cool?! whatever, it'll be built soon enough!

Jim, AKA SmugglerVT, I guess we'll be doing a few drag races, as I just started building my Formula 54 i got a few months ago.

Sadly, it looks like my SS got short-changed: he posted 2 kits of the 4 ordered (2 were small items, so might have been missed..) I will contact him shortly to inquire (and ruin the surprise.. :( ) unless someone else has a suggestion?

Happy new yer everyone! may your flight be high & straight, and the walk short!
Merry Christmas, Paul!

I hope you enjoy building the LOC IV!! :)

Thanks,

Back