A truly devistating blow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald

I'm so sad to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through, but try to hang in there even though it's tough. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Mark

Thank you Mark.:)

It just makes me really sad because my dad is one that truly loves life in general. I was really looking forward to see him enjoy his retirement years. Now he might not be here to enjoy them.:(

Donald...

Don't give up hope. First, hope can be more beneficial than you think. Second, modern medicine has come a very long way. Cancer treatments are improving all the time and your father may respond very well to the treatment - even more than the doctor's may think - so you never know.

BTW...to lighten your mood...I'm starting my Level 3 process!

Donald, sorry to hear about this. My (& Max') thoughts are with you and your family.

Marc

I hope it turns out well. Good luck to your family and my family will pray as well.
fred

Here's an update on my dad's condition.

On Monday, 7/14, he will be going into the hospital to begin chemotherapy and radiation treatment. They figure he will be there for about a week or so.

What the scan revealed was a huge Stage IV terminal growth that is growing in size rapidly. They're hoping that the aggressive chemo and radiation treatments will be able to shrink it and buy him some more time. After this he should be able to consume normal meals again.

It was noted that without the treatment, he would only have lasted about another 2-4 months or so. With treatment, they said he might make it another year or so.

Again, thank you all so much for the prayers and support. You have absolutely no idea how much I appreciate it.:)

I am so sorry And with I could help. I will prey for you and your family and please remember When things are at their worst you will be at your best. and on the shoulder of god you shall be carried.

I hope it goes as well as it can. Each day is a precious and I hope he gets lots more.
Fred

Oh geez....
Been down that road so I know where you are coming from, and it is no fun.
Don't be afraid to cry on a conveinent shoulder if you need to.

We wish you and your family well.

It is with great sadness to report that my father passed away this morning with my mother, aunt and I at his side.:(:cry:

I miss him so much already.:(

I could definitely use any support that could be sent this way.:(

I'm very sorry to hear that, Donald! :cry: My deepest sympathy to you and your family during this difficult time.
Best wishes,
Will

Donald, our thoughts are prayers are with you and your family.

It is with great sadness to report that my father passed away this morning with my mother, aunt and I at his side.:(:cry:

I miss him so much already.:(

I could definitely use any support that could be sent this way.:(

Your father will forever be in your heart, therefore still close to you. He is at peace. You and your family are in my prayers with well wishes sent your way.

Jack

I know what your going thru. My mom was diagnosed with Leukemia on a Friday and died the following Monday. I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers.

Something I've found comforting is John 5:28,29: 28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life,

Donald, my deepest sympathies to you and your family for your loss.

I often find it difficult in times like this to reach out and offer any words that can offer any comfort as I simply cannot relate. Having lost two uncles recently I find comfort in knowing that they watch over me and are now in a place where they can rest and begin a new life devoid of any pain. While your father is no longer with you in a physical presence, I assure you he is with you spiritually. I wish you and your family comfort during this time of healing. The TRF online community is family and we are here for you. I am very sorry for your loss.

Sorry about your loss. Sounds like the time from diagnosis to him passing away was almost identical to my Dad's situation. He died on Nov. 2 of last year. It's a tough thing for everyone involved to go through, but the worst is over. Take comfort in the fact he no longer suffers. I miss my Dad everyday.

Donald my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. As others have mentioned at least he's at rest now.

Something that helps me at times like this is to knowing how they'd want me to carry on with my life.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Donald -

I can imagine, but not really KNOW the pain you're in. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Hopefully you can find some comfort in the fact that your father lives on - through you.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Words are of little comfort to those who have lost a loved one, but know that my family and I will have you in our prayers each night. We wish you well.

I'll join the long list of TRF friends. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there, over time it will be easier to just remember the good times that you shared.

It took courage to be with your father at the end as so many will not do that.You have my deepest condolences Donald on your families loss. Someday Donald you will wake up and it will not hurt so much. The firsts will be hard but they will pass as well. Take care and God bless.

Courage, indeed Mr. Donald Besaw, Jr.; his namesake and his legacy. I admire you and am sure your father was so proud of your strength and heart at that dire time.

My uncle was there with his father at home when he passed from pancreatic cancer. I'm named for him but could never fill his shoes.

You did your father's name and legacy proud. It's just hard that such things have to hurt that much. All of us here of the praying type will be praying for you, your mother, your aunt, and your family.

Nick

Thanks for all the sympathy guys, I really appreciate it. This is why I love TRF, all you guys are so great.:)

Here is the last photo of my dad and I together. This was taken on my birthday last month.

Donald Besaw Sr - 1945-2008

Dad & I.jpg

Donald,

Condolences on your loss. Remember the good times!

Sorry to hear that. Fortunately for your Dad, his suffering is at an end. Yours however, will continue for some time.

As has mine. It's been 2 yrs since cancer got my Dad. :cry:

Cancer sucks hard, everybody go get screened.

Latest posts

Back