Cancer rears its ugly head again.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for your love and support.... My father passed away Monday at almost 85 years old. Please continue to pray that my brother will beat this !!
I’m sorry for your loss. I’ll continue to pray for your brother.

Glasspack

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I thank ALL of you for your prayers and support through the last the two months.
My brother lost his fight with the same cancer that took my father one month earlier.
My brother Jimmy died October 2nd from Pancreatic Cancer.......

Rest In Peace brother !

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry for your losses.
You and your family will stay in my prayers.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am so sorry for the loss of these two key men in your life, Glasspack. We will light a candle, and say a prayer for them.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I thank ALL of you for your prayers and support through the last the two months.
My brother lost his fight with the same cancer that took my father one month earlier.

Rest In Peace brother !
I’m very sorry.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score

Rest In Peace brother !
So sorry, my friend. I will pray for healthy grieving, peace and hope for you and yours. My dear friend and pastor Tim also died this week of renal cell carcinoma. He was 55 and has six kids, two married and independent, two in college, and two in high school. Plus a widow after 30 years of marriage.

Cancer sucks!!!!!!!

John Taylor

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So very sorry for everyone affected by this terrible disease. Lost my brother in law a few months ago, and a friend at work.
I am a believer and I am praying now for all the families to have love in their hearts and peace in their minds.

Joe Bruce

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother-in-law and uncle to that terrible disease. You and yours are in our prayers.

USAFmissileer

Reaction score
I will remember all of you affected by cancer (actually all of us know someone) in my daily prayers. Eternal rest grant unto their souls.

Mike

wolsen

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

Rest In Peace brother !
Im sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy and pray that you find strength through others.

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss..
Prayers for you and yours to get through this tough time..

Teddy

Woody's Workshop

Reaction score
My heart bleeds for you Glasspack. My wife has a blood born lymphoma, and the Chemo is making her extremely ill and had to stop. They will try radiation next, but they want to try a new alternative treatment. Unfortunately insurance says no.
Unless we get some help fast, we will be on the streets at the end of the month.
I can tell you from experience, you never get over loosing your Dad, you just miss him more and more over time.
Physical life is short, and cancer is something that needs to be stopped! Because the hurt never does.

NOLA_BAR

Reaction score
Goodness sorry to hear all this. My sister passed at a young age from breast cancer. That was 11 years ago, I think about her every day [emoji17]

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your losses. Prayers for them, you, your family, and everybody touched by the loss of your father and brother.

God Bless!

Glasspack

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You all for your warm prayers and wishes !!

I look forward to getting onto my LVL II model build soon...….

OverTheTop

Reaction score
In my experience, nothing helps with grief better than a good project.
+1. Everyone deals with grief differently. Personally I find distractions really help me work through it. Find out what works for you, regardless of what other people think you should do.