A truly devistating blow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Since TRF is pretty much considered one big family, I could definitely use some support at this time.

Earlier today my father was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and the prognosis currently looks very grim. It was mentioned that he may pass away in a time frame ranging from 2 months to 2 years.:(:cry:

This hurts so bad, I can't even properly express my emotional thoughts at the moment.

My mother, father, and I would greatly appreciate any good karma, thoughts and prayers that could be sent our way.

Also, I'm going to say this and please don't take it as a lecture but if you have any risk factors or family history of this awful disease, please get tested and/or seek treatment.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Make sure you make the best of every moment and pray for the best.

Went through same thing last summer and fall with my Dad. Pancreatic. Hang in there.

Hang in there. My prayers are for you and your family. I lost my Mom on April first and still feal the loss. Do what you can while you can, you wont regret it later.

I wish your dad and your family all the best, Take every oppertunity you get to spend time together.

My prayers are with you and your family and I have put you all on the prayer list at my church.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

You have my prayers and best wishes. I just went through the loss of my dad a month and a half ago. I know where you're at, my friend.

Be assured that I will be remembering you in my prayers and I will pass your request on to some friendly prayer-warriors with your permission. I'll PM you with details. At the moment I am using my laptop at the Cleveland Clinic while my wife recovers from a fairly significant hernia surgery so I don't have access to my regular email or anything else.

Blessings,

Ditto here too, Don. My father was diagnosed with Leukemia, and was gone 72 hours after that. Never got the chance to say to him what I wanted to. Always regret that. Regardless of the outcome (read as GOOD thoughts here!) make sure you make the time to let your father know how you feel about him!

Thoughts and prayers.....

you and your family are in my prayers. my father was given not long to live and he hung on for 3 years.

Lost a younger sister and father. Yes it hurts, but they are alwys in your heart and they are with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father. Hang in there.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Donald. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Donald,

I will pray for your family.

If possible, try to get your Dad to go to the Florida Healing Revival. I watch it almost every night on the internet and God is touching a lot of people. They have plenty of doctor documented healings. You can also submit prayer requests. Here is a link with more information - https://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Id=&Act=show_event_details&event=290

Best regards,
Brian

Donald:
I never got the chance to say goodbye to my dad before losing him, so I made sure to visit my mom often before she passed, and to tell her I appreciated all she'd done for me through the years. The smile on her face when I told her I loved her was most comforting. Know that you and your loved ones are in my family's prayers.
-BB

Don,

You and your family are in our thoughts. There's no easy way to get through it and no magic words that can be said. Just know that there are shoulders to lean on when it is needed. Look to friends and family.

All our best.
jim

Best of luck to your dad and to your family.

Depending on his mood perspective, maybe sit down and watch the move "The Bucket List'.

I can empathize with you...My mom was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 18 years ago. She has suprised us at her resolve many times over the years. 8 years ago at my wedding, she was determined to walk in on her own which she did. Parkinson's is a terrible and progressive disease, a great lady as she did not deserve that affliction. She's still with us but her quality of life is not good. I could go on, but I'm starting to realize I'm hijacking your thread, so best of wishes.

Since TRF is pretty much considered one big family, I could definitely use some support at this time....This hurts so bad, I can't even properly express my emotional thoughts at the moment....
No need to Donald; I understand. My thoughts & prayers are with you during this difficult time. Spend as much time as you can with your family now, you'll never regret it. And I wholeheartedly agree with what Bob said.

We prayed for you and your dad during prayer requests at church yesterday.

Hang in there.

Since TRF is pretty much considered one big family, I could definitely use some support at this time...

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Donald. If it's any comfort, your family has an opportunity many folks don't: the gift of time. In my former life as a paramedic, I came to understand that the hardest deaths for friends and family to deal with were those that were sudden and unexpected. Our thoughts are with you as you get to spend what time you can with your Mom and your Dad.

Thanks guys, this means so much.:)

Tomorrow he's going for a so-called PET scan that will scan him from head to toe looking for more cancer and to see if or how far what he has currently has spread.

Latest posts

Back