A truly devistating blow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since TRF is pretty much considered one big family, I could definitely use some support at this time.

Earlier today my father was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and the prognosis currently looks very grim. It was mentioned that he may pass away in a time frame ranging from 2 months to 2 years.:(:cry:

This hurts so bad, I can't even properly express my emotional thoughts at the moment.

My mother, father, and I would greatly appreciate any good karma, thoughts and prayers that could be sent our way.

Also, I'm going to say this and please don't take it as a lecture but if you have any risk factors or family history of this awful disease, please get tested and/or seek treatment.

Yeah, that definitely does suck and i mean that in a very supporting way. Nothing anyone can tell you will make you feel better. Take each day in stride, and the healing will come later.

My father dropped dead of a heart attack when i returned home from school freshman year at University when I was 18. He also suffered through cancer (although beat it) when he was younger, so i definitely know what you're going through.

Hopefully, very soon, your grief will subside to relief in that your Pops is no longer feeling the physical pain of living. Cancer is a tough deal. We went through it w/my grandmother just over three years ago. I think of her often and still miss her very much. She held on for so long and it was just a true sigh of relief when she passed as she'd no longer be in pain or numb mentally or physically from the meds she was on. The loss is a horrible feeling but if there is some type of afterlife, he's there, comfortable and smiling down on you and wondering what type of rocket you're going to build next.

As with all sad endings, there is always a happy one around the corner. I just recieved news this morning from a fellow rockatier that he is in possession of his daughter who was kidnapped by her mother last week against court order and on their way back to AZ this afternoon.

You and yours are in my thought and prayers. I am often with families in your situation. It's always hard. There are no magic words. Please give yourself some time. Grief takes much longer than most people will allow you to take and sooner or later someone will almost certainly make an insensitive or seemingly unfeeling remark. Give yourself the latitude to believe it's from ignorance and not malice. The process of getting "over it" will take years and that's okay. "Normal" will come again eventually, but it will never be the same.

Hang in there. We'll keep praying for you.

Blessings,

Sorry to hear this. One of my family's close friends was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months back. Her husband died with Alzheimer's a while back too. At least your dad is out of suffering and he's at rest. Hope you feel better soon.

My deepest sympathies for your loss. In the past year I lost my father and significant other of many years. I can relate to your pain. You will be in my prayers also. May god bless.

My thoughts are with you and your family.Been through the same with my father and mother. God Bless.

Hey Donald ... so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad to Alzheimer's a couple years ago, and I understand. Hang in there .....

Donald,

Having recently lost my mom I know what you are going through. Thoughts with you and your family during this trying time.

Donald,

Sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Donald

I'm sorry to hear of this. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is for you at this time. Think of all the good times and know he will always be watching over you. You have the support of everyone hear and those at FLASH.

Truly Sorry Donald,
please accept my deepest sympathies.

He will always be with you, in your heart
and in your soul, in the very essence of you...

Back