The better team won tonight in Phoenix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who says I was referring to PSI? That wasn't the first time, was it... Once a cheat, always a cheat.

If that's the case, then let's talk about Pete Carroll and his role in all the controversy at USC just before he left. MANY MANY MANY NCAA infractions committed in order to sign the players he wanted so he could win football games there. So - both coaches are dirty due to past infractions. Even terms for the game then? Just curious about your thoughts on how clean Pete Carroll is.

And lets all be thankful there is no cheating in baseball.

You pick your poison with any sport these days. The amount of $$$ magnifies everything. I like baseball.

Having no horse in the race, yesterdays game was very entertaining. The next few months of deflategate (until the Supreme Court rules :wink:) will be annoying. Now what's up with Katy Perry ?

If that's the case, then let's talk about Pete Carroll and his role in all the controversy at USC just before he left. MANY MANY MANY NCAA infractions committed in order to sign the players he wanted so he could win football games there. So - both coaches are dirty due to past infractions. Even terms for the game then? Just curious about your thoughts on how clean Pete Carroll is.
Where did I say he was innocent of anything?

One, I'm not a fan of either team. Two, I think the NFL as a whole is nothing but a scam of an organization. The extra-curricular cheating done by the coaches really shouldn't be necessary, and probably isn't. Akin to hitting the tag-team partner with a chair when the ref has his back turned...

He said: When I mean better I mean the classier team won...

You said: You spelled "cheater" wrong.

Ha Ha! A bit of a stretch, but a clever joke nonetheless...

all the while stuffing our cake holes with bean and cheese nachos. Today, I've been taking The Browns to the super bowl. :facepalm:

Not clever at all... In fact tasteless and vulgar... But still funny!!!
One of many reasons why I miss Texas.
Thank you.:)

Last edited:
Lets do a rocketry analogy. Lets say you are going for an altitude record at Argonia and you miss it but a few 1,000 feet. You take the rocket and same motor launch it in Colorado. What happens the air is thinner and you get the record. In a way isn't that "Cheating" folks.

Heres another one, if a kicker kicks a field goal at sea level in New Orleans and if you go to Denver you kick a field goal from the same distance isn't that "cheating" The air is thinner and it allows the ball to fly further.

No matter what all you guys think the Patriots are not cheaters. It is just the luck of the draw. You play to win the game.

Me and the Mrs. kept toggling between the game on NBC and reruns of the FBI Files on the Escape channel, all the while stuffing our cake holes with bean and cheese nachos. Today, I've been taking The Browns to the super bowl. :facepalm:

I dont know why people say the Browns suck, I take them to the Super Bowl twice a day!!

Good old fashioned fun. This thread makes me happy because it hasn't been moderated to crap or locked.

Carry on!

Obama clearly is responsible for the Seahawks deciding to throw a pass on that last offensive play instead of running it for 2 yards. The Democrats hate football and want to cancel all future Superbowls.

Heh heh heh. See what I did there?

Lets do a rocketry analogy. Lets say you are going for an altitude record at Argonia and you miss it but a few 1,000 feet. You take the rocket and same motor launch it in Colorado. What happens the air is thinner and you get the record. In a way isn't that "Cheating" folks.

Heres another one, if a kicker kicks a field goal at sea level in New Orleans and if you go to Denver you kick a field goal from the same distance isn't that "cheating" The air is thinner and it allows the ball to fly further.

No matter what all you guys think the Patriots are not cheaters. It is just the luck of the draw. You play to win the game.

Frankly, I don't see the relationship at all between your examples and what's alleged to have happened. The Patriots are said to have supplied balls that were underinflated as defined by the rules. Whether that's cheating or not depends on whether or not it was intentional. It doesn't matter where the game was played.

-- Roger

Last edited:
Would be exactly right if not for the fact it is exactly wrong. :)

Neither NAR nor Tripoli have any rules requiring altitude records to be launched from sea level. There is nothing about the altitude of the launch site.

Heck, some could claim that using a 2-staged rocket for an altitude record is "cheating". Or a delay-staged rocket is "cheating". And so on. Want to really cheat... use THREE stages! :)

That is if one sees innovation or cleverness as "cheating".

BTW - on a more serious note in this regard, it might not be a bad idea if NAR & Tripoli had record categories for altitudes launched from less than 1000 feet ASL, and "absolute", regardless of launch site altitude.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Good old fashioned fun. This thread makes me happy because it hasn't been moderated to crap or locked.

Carry on!
No flags thrown yet.... :lol: Anywhoo...I like me sports and Ill go head to head with anyone. To a point!!!!! In the end, football or any of the pro sports do not effect me life so they don't really mean snot to me.

Bottom line.......Win ,Lose or Draw...I still have to get up and go to work.

Bad analogies - it's more like: You enter an altitude competition where your rocket has to be a certain weight. After weigh-in you secretly remove some weight from the rocket and then fly and get the highest altitude. Was it because of the stuff you removed? It might be hard to say, but for sure you did not follow the rules...

The bottom line is that it's not cheating if the rules aren't enforced.

Obama clearly is responsible for the Seahawks deciding to throw a pass on that last offensive play instead of running it for 2 yards. The Democrats hate football and want to cancel all future Superbowls.

Heh heh heh. See what I did there?

3f4.gif

Carry on!

It was an interesting game, no blowout for either team. a LOT of OMG errors everywhere you looked.
It was as if it was played by clones of the Three Stooges, coached by The Marx Brothers, and officiated by Mr. Magoo.:facepalm:

What's funny is that the Pats have proven to the world the New England Patriots organization is completely and utterly inept at cheating. In both cases (Spygate and "deflate-gate") the Pats really gained nothing over either team. The Colts were going to get destroyed even if Brady was forced to play with a beach ball. And the Jets team that the Pats video taped in 2007 finished out the season 4-12. Oh yeah, they really needed video tapes of that dumpster fire.

What's funny is that the Pats have proven to the world the New England Patriots organization is completely and utterly inept at cheating. In both cases (Spygate and "deflate-gate") the Pats really gained nothing over either team. .... And the Jets team that the Pats video taped in 2007 finished out the season 4-12. Oh yeah, they really needed video tapes of that dumpster fire.

Nixon's plumbers bugged the Watergate Hotel offices of the Democratic National Committee in 1972 when there was really nothing to be gained, election-wise, from that action. Sometimes people in power just act out of paranoia or because they have the technology to gather data that, in the long run, is useless or unnecessary.

By the way, this is not a political declaration just giving another example of cheating where it wasn't really needed.

Here's the thing...every team in the NFL has its little tricks and routines they do to try to gain an advantage. There is holding on every single play from scrimmage...you can pretty much guarantee that when the ball is snapped, somebody somewhere is going to get held...whether it's a d-lineman streaking past the o-line, or a receiver beating a d-back, someone is held on EVERY play...and sometimes it gets called. Most times it doesn't. The only thing that bothers me about this whole "deflate-gate" thing is the fact that people are outraged by it, and shocked that a professional sports team with millions and millions of dollars on the line would do something to try to gain an advantage...does anyone really think that the Patriots are the only ones doing something that's not the true letter of the law, or the true spirit of the law? Please...Kinda like the whole Lance Armstrong thing...there's a reason they aren't awarding the wins for those 7 years to other cyclists in the race...because the simple truth is that ALL of them were juiced...Does that make it right? no - of course not. But it's difficult to blame an entity for doing what every single one of their competitors is doing. Have you noticed how the only people making a big deal out of deflate-gate are the league and the media? Notice how the owners/coaches/players in the league aren't really saying anything? Even the Colts haven't said anything about it. Pretty telling...

Besides - now that the super bowl is over, it's easier to focus on hockey, the waning months of Premier League Soccer, and the upcoming start of the MLS season. Yay!!!

The latest most ridiculous part of this story so far... Seattle threw a pass instead of running the ball because of racism.

The story goes that Seattle coach Pete Carroll (white man) called for clean cut quarterback Russell Wilson (black man) to throw a game winning pass and take the glory, instead of allowing the hooligan Marshawn Lynch (black man) to run the ball in and take the glory.

I seriously doubt that they'd risk the outcome of the Superbowl on who would be the hero, but IF that decision was made based on who would be glorified, why would someone say that race was the factor? Why wouldn't they say that it was lifestylist, or behaviorist, instead of racist??

https://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/conspiracy-theory-surrounding-seahawks-last-play

The latest most ridiculous part of this story so far... Seattle threw a pass instead of running the ball because of racism.

The story goes that Seattle coach Pete Carroll (white man) called for clean cut quarterback Russell Wilson (black man) to throw a game winning pass and take the glory, instead of allowing the hooligan Marshawn Lynch (black man) to run the ball in and take the glory.

I seriously doubt that they'd risk the outcome of the Superbowl on who would be the hero, but IF that decision was made based on who would be glorified, why would someone say that race was the factor? Why wouldn't they say that it was lifestylist, or behaviorist, instead of racist??

https://www.thenation.com/blog/196697/conspiracy-theory-surrounding-seahawks-last-play

:facepalm::eyeroll::facepalm::eyeroll::facepalm::eyeroll:

yeah - I saw that one too...lol...People need to find other things to worry about...there is no conspiracy...there are no black helicopters hovering overhead with brain wave scanners...the voices in your head a wrong...take your meds and go to sleep for awhile...lol

Latest posts

Back