Rocketry Warehouse Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my package after 3 months. I have to say I'm quite pleased with what I got. Everything fits pretty well and everything I ordered I got the fins were very nice with them already beveled. The quality of the parts are extraordinary. Though they could improve their customer service a lot the products the make are fantastic.

How is the ordering now? I am almost committed to buying my L1 L2 kits, but I can't wait months for it....what is the lead time like? Only get one chance this year to go over 4500' in May.

How is the ordering now? I am almost committed to buying my L1 L2 kits, but I can't wait months for it....what is the lead time like? Only get one chance this year to go over 4500' in May.

Ive orderd two shipments one I got in a weeks an the other one I got in 3 months I would call them to see if they a hav if in stock

Save yourself the aggravation and go with Wildman. Just my 2cents.

Like most of you I waited until late February to receive my BF shipment. It was a top quality product when it finally arrived. I had been in contact with RW on two occasions before receiving shipment. Yes I got a bit nervous toward the end but all my conversations with Curtis were positive and knowing this being a pretty much one man operation with Floyd sick I tried to show more restraint when on the phone. A few days ago I called RW again asking for some advice on modifyIng my rocket. The phone call ended with some great customer service on RW's part and I am getting another shipment just notified today. Although this may not be the thoughts of some and I can understand your frustration, based on my own experience with RW I will buy from them again.

Does anyone know how Floyd is doing?
If he is still sick enough that Curtis is, after all this time, still 100% on his own, that's very much not a good thing.

Speaking for myself, I truly hope things are improving for Floyd. I would hope that things are looking up.

ssix

I hope things are going well for them health-wise.

I'm slightly confused that my last email from RW said he was waiting on fin guides to ship kits. That was March 7th. Fin guides are not exactly complicated or printed on rare materials.

I'm waiting on a fiberglass Mongoose 75. What else is everyone out there waiting on? I like rocketry warehouse, like the kits.... But if we have to organize and approach them as one group to let them understand how annoying this is getting.

The only experience I have with RW is an engineering class at my college that ordered a 4.5" Arcas kit, which was received in about two weeks. This was about a month ago, I think.

I still have not received my Mongoose 75 fins from a kit I was gifted for Christmas. Does anyone have a way to contact RW or Curtis?

I hope things are going well for them health-wise.

I'm slightly confused that my last email from RW said he was waiting on fin guides to ship kits. That was March 7th. Fin guides are not exactly complicated or printed on rare materials.

I'm waiting on a fiberglass Mongoose 75. What else is everyone out there waiting on? I like rocketry warehouse, like the kits.... But if we have to organize and approach them as one group to let them understand how annoying this is getting.

If everyone stops buying, they'll come to you.

Honestly, if they don't want to cut kits/don't have time to, they should just sell the tuning and parts are reasonable prices and we'll all just build our own.
Before anyone defends the part privies or says "don't like it to fly cardboard", take a look at kit prices/sale prices, subtract the cost of machines and bits and labor etc to kit that all up, and tell me nose cones or tubing real value. They seem to hate making kits, but price in a manner that heavily punishes for buying individual parts. Confusing to me.

Honestly, if they don't want to cut kits/don't have time to, they should just sell the tuning and parts are reasonable prices and we'll all just build our own.
Before anyone defends the part privies or says "don't like it to fly cardboard", take a look at kit prices/sale prices, subtract the cost of machines and bits and labor etc to kit that all up, and tell me nose cones or tubing real value. They seem to hate making kits, but price in a manner that heavily punishes for buying individual parts. Confusing to me.

Dave, were you drunk when you made this post? :smile: Your syntax seems to be suffering. It was like listening to Matt Damon speaking French in the movie "Monuments Men."

Dave, were you drunk when you made this post? :smile: Your syntax seems to be suffering. It was like listening to Matt Damon speaking French in the movie "Monuments Men."

Ever post with an iPhone? That's what happens...

I have a list of pieces parts I need right now for a few builds I am working on, usually I would go straight to RW for this particular list, but due to my BF experience and others I have decided to go elsewhere. If I had two months or longer lead time I would stay with RW, but I just can't trust that I will get my order on time.

I have a list of pieces parts I need right now for a few builds I am working on, usually I would go straight to RW for this particular list, but due to my BF experience and others I have decided to go elsewhere. If I had two months or longer lead time I would stay with RW, but I just can't trust that I will get my order on time.

Give Hawk Mountain a try.

Order from one of the dealers that has the complete kit in stock...unless you like to wait 3 months or more.

IMHO, you can spend a boat load on smaller fiberglass kits, but for half the cost buy an L1 4" PML kit with Quantum tubing from a dealer that has it in stock. You can build a longer version with a 54mm mount and do your Level 2. Go higher and faster with less weight.

Go ahead ask Siri what 0 / 0 is...dare you.....

Does anyone know how Floyd is doing?
If he is still sick enough that Curtis is, after all this time, still 100% on his own, that's very much not a good thing.

Speaking for myself, I truly hope things are improving for Floyd. I would hope that things are looking up.

ssix
I have had my frustrations with RW too but finally did get a response to my numerous contact attempts via phone and e-mail. On March 21st, in response to my question to Curtis "And Please, is Floyd OK???" he wrote back:"Doing Better" which although doesn't give much info, is positive. Hope Floyd is OK. I enjoyed doing business with him and Dede before she passed, and liked to visit them when they attended launches.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I felt I had to respond here. I also placed an order from the Black Friday sale, the only thing I ordered was Mouse 38 kit. I think I got it sometime in the middle of December. When I order something from anybody on one of these sales, I don't expect it right away. I knw that they are slammed with orders, and will probably get out the easy ones first that they have all the stuff for.
On another note, I just ordered from RW a nosecone, altimeter sled, and e-bay end cap last Friday. I checked the box for the cheapest shipping option, and everything arrived today. I also received an extra item in there, which I do need for another project. I called them today and left a message as to how I should pay for it.
I wanted people to know that things can go right, too.

Phil L.

Hi everyone!
I felt I had to respond here. I also placed an order from the Black Friday sale, the only thing I ordered was Mouse 38 kit. I think I got it sometime in the middle of December. When I order something from anybody on one of these sales, I don't expect it right away. I knw that they are slammed with orders, and will probably get out the easy ones first that they have all the stuff for.
On another note, I just ordered from RW a nosecone, altimeter sled, and e-bay end cap last Friday. I checked the box for the cheapest shipping option, and everything arrived today. I also received an extra item in there, which I do need for another project. I called them today and left a message as to how I should pay for it.
I wanted people to know that things can go right, too.

Phil L.

They can. The problem is, they're not. Somewhere RW claimed there were 700 kits ordered on BF. if you conservatively average that to 100-150 a kit, you're talking about $70,000- $105,000 in product going out. Get someone hired to help, and get the product out.

Last edited:
They can. The problem is, they're not. Somewhere RW claimed there were 700 kits ordered on BF. if you conservatively average that to 100-150 a kit, you're talking about $70,000- $105,000 in product going out. Get someone hired to help, and get the product out.

The problem is that you're talking gross revenue and BF sales are DEEP discounts. I'd bet some of those items are loss leaders, and I further bet that on the whole they're making 15 or 20 basis points on average because of those discounts. Even on your top end of $100k of material, are you going to staff up for the small fraction you get to keep? For any small business that's a tough call, especially when your primary focus is taking care of those close to you. Hire and you lose most of your profit, don't hire and you lose business. There's no win.

I have benefited greatly by the deals RW has offered over the past few years. I am hoping that things improve for them and for other rocket enthusiasts. Only my pocketbook disagrees, but that's my fault.

I emailed RW last week asking if they had what I was looking at available and ready to ship. The reply was. Yes, go ahead and order. So I placed a pretty good size order on a kit and some extras on Friday morning. I have faith that this will be a positive experience.

For a few vendors out there its a ego thing to be number #1 and don't even think of all the time they spend doing their business. Just think if your job said Monday we are going to drop your pay by 75% but we want more from you and it will make our Co. number one. No one would work there very long. Know one can survive making 10% profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back