Rocketry Warehouse Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed a order with them 2 months ago and still haven't had a update on it the website still says processing. And I called them and the person there said they he would ship it out the next day. One month later still no update on the website and I haven't recived it.

Unfortunately, this does appear to be a pattern. Some folks get stuff really quick as I have the few times I have ordered from them, and then you hear about folks waiting months and months with no comms. Not a great way to do business.

You should demand your money back- see how long it takes to hear from them. You could also contact your credit card company and see if they can recover the money, but it depends on how frustrated you are.

I started making my purchases with American Express because of Rocketry Warehouse stories. They make it easy to get your money back when the vendor disappears.

I don't think they r going out of business I called them and they said they r very busy rn. It's hard to get into contact with them I don't think their email works and it's hard to call them since they are only answering call a few hours a day

I placed a order with them 2 months ago and still haven't had a update on it the website still says processing. And I called them and the person there said they he would ship it out the next day. One month later still no update on the website and I haven't recived it.

Exact same issue here... I'm only going on 2 weeks though, but I finally got a reply 4 days ago saying they'd ship it "tomorrow" - still says processing though.

Exact same issue here... I'm only going on 2 weeks though, but I finally got a reply 4 days ago saying they'd ship it "tomorrow" - still says processing though.
I am so happy I literally just got a shipping email like 2 minutes ago finally after 2 months they finally shipped it. I hope they ship yours soon.

I don't think their going out of business. They just ordered from us 2 weeks ago. No problems with Floyd at all.

I am so happy I literally just got a shipping email like 2 minutes ago finally after 2 months they finally shipped it. I hope they ship yours soon.

You must be one of the chosen. I am clearly not worthy.

What's more frustrating is that those who have ordered very far in time after me have received their purchase. Good for you

Last edited:
As one of the more vocal posters on the original RW Black Christmas thread, I have to relay one thing that just happened.

I ordered a 38mm conical nosecone in lime green on Friday (yesterday) and today I received a call from Curtis to say that he received my order and wanted to know if I was okay with another colour (yellow) that was in-stock vs. waiting. I told him I was okay with yellow and he said he would ship it right away. Now as far as keeping in touch with customers orders, you can't beat that service.

I will reserve my applause until it arrives but if it does arrive as promised then RW may be turning a corner.

I certainly hope so because I think RW has some great products and although they have not been overly responsive as of late, I have never had a sense from my discussions with Curtis that they don't care...disorganized, overwhelmed at times, maybe.

I certainly hope so because I think RW has some great products and although they have not been overly responsive as of late, I have never had a sense from my discussions with Curtis that they don't care...disorganized, overwhelmed at times, maybe.

I think this is the main thing. Curtis is trying to fill orders and make tubing at the same time. That's two (or three) full-time jobs. What he REALLY needs to do is hire some part-time help.

When I ordered a nosecone a couple months ago, I messed up and ordered a too small bulkhead for it. Curtis called me and fixed my mistake. So I agree it's not a matter of not caring.

As far as why one order ships and another sits? I emailed him last week. It seems he's waiting on fin guides for a bunch of kits....in my case a 75mm Goose. Once those go in they all ship. So it's likely parts availability, not just randomly filled orders. I ordered some epoxy 2 weeks ago and had it in 3 days, so that seems to fit.

Hopefully it gets straight soon... I like ordering from them.

You must be one of the chosen. I am clearly not worthy.

What's more frustrating is that those who have ordered very far in time after me have received their purchase. Good for you

I did feel special when I got the shipping notice. I was hoping it would've came last week so I could work on it during spring break but school is starting again Monday so it's going to take me a while to build it.

I think this is the main thing. Curtis is trying to fill orders and make tubing at the same time. That's two (or three) full-time jobs. What he REALLY needs to do is hire some part-time help.

The curse of the successful rocket vendor. Once you get big enough to need help, you still aren't making enough to pay for them.

The curse of the successful rocket vendor. Once you get big enough to need help, you still aren't making enough to pay for them.

All the while held to the service standards of amazon, with thousands of employees.

I agree things have gone off the rails currently.... but let's not get the lynch mob out just yet. Communication is spotty, and that stinks, but it's fill orders, or write emails all day.

We've seen the folding up of many vendors. I don't get that vibe at all here. Let's face it.... I still have a wishlist of RW rockets....and await the return of the hump-day happy hour....

David
No matter how many times the story is told about 99% of the vendors being a 2-3 person operation flyers still don't get it. I agree communication can always be better. Like if a vendor is going to have a sale maybe do it 2-3 times a year and only on a few items. That would give them time to build some stock up for the next sale. Just think if your a small person operation and in 2 day time you get orders for 500 kits. And as far as vendors adding more help that would not set well with flyers. Prices would have to be raised a good amount and flyers would not like that. Employees need a pay check no matter how much your sale are. When your a small operation when 1 person gets sick things slow down. Most people can't plan when they get ill.

David
No matter how many times the story is told about 99% of the vendors being a 2-3 person operation flyers still don't get it. I agree communication can always be better. Like if a vendor is going to have a sale maybe do it 2-3 times a year and only on a few items. That would give them time to build some stock up for the next sale. Just think if your a small person operation and in 2 day time you get orders for 500 kits. And as far as vendors adding more help that would not set well with flyers. Prices would have to be raised a good amount and flyers would not like that. Employees need a pay check no matter how much your sale are. When your a small operation when 1 person gets sick things slow down. Most people can't plan when they get ill.

I agree with most of that.... but Madcow hired some part time help to punch out the BF sales and it seemed to work for them. I do agree the black friday sale is just a terrible terrible thing. I'd like to see more Hump Day happy hour style sales, and more even pricing the rest of the year. We've gone over pricing time and time again.... The "retail prices" are inflated to the point of being prohibitive to buy anything off sale....then there's one log-jam of a sale a year and trying to get anything any other time of the year is painfully priced. It's not just RW, but the entire rocket community has been backed into this corner.

Well hopefully it doesn't take them too long to fulfill the order I just made... Else I can't get my L3 started :(

David
The sales TFR stays away from. We try to offer a fair price for our product line all year around. A guy who ordered some chute last week purchased 8 kits from the BS sales and won't buy any more kits for 2 years. He said at that price I couldn't pass them up. There is no way some of these guys are making much profit at all. Kit builders are selling kits for less money than a their own dealers can buy them.

I wonder if they are aware of this discussion, or how monumentally damaging the continued black hole of customer service is to their sales. I for one am holding off on my big order until they show they can handle it.

I understand getting overwhelmed, but I also understand how to get part time help. I accept their going unresponsive, assuming it is time they are spending on orders instead, but only to a point. Customers that ordered 4-5 months ago deserve to hear something.

David

I know I get it.

My wife (CATO-Chutes) is a one person operation she does part time. She keeps those who buy from her happy two ways:

1) Communication - on receipt of an order she writes and tells the projected shipping date. Then does everything possible to meet it or communicate deviations.

2) She does not have blowout sales that she stands no chance of servicing.

She does offer the same consistent pricing and service year around. This is not an ad for her, just a statement that if you are a vendor/manufacturer you should set your scale to what you can consistently deliver. As to raising prices to support operations, that is the way of business. The only other proper method is to build in efficiency. Model rocketry is a hobby and targeted at discretionary income. If a vendor cannot make money at prices that customers are willing to pay and do so in timely manner, they should take a long look in the mirror and decide if they are in the right line of work.

There are several vendors that employ similar methodologies as Karen does. As such, you never anything but good about them. I doubt if more than a scant few do so as their primary income. Those who do try to make a living off a very small population segment should be prepared to deliver, communicate, or accept that there will be bad karma in our small community.

Last year I posted that I thought the Black Friday sales were a bad idea. They set an unrealistic expectation of price and performance for what are essentially cottage businesses. I admit to buying one rocket from a vendor whom I trust (and they indicated their BF sale was limited to in stock merchandise), and a scant handful of motors that I did not need until this summer from another. My expectations were set by the suppliers and they met them. Every single person here has the right to that same experience. Regardless of what befalls them, the vendors have the obligation to either perform, communicate, or not take folks money.

My $0.02 and, of course, YMMV.

Last edited:
Well said Al, particularly the COMMUNICATE!

As customers who have just handed over, in some cases, 100s of $s, we have a right to know what our order status is without having to inquire countless times without response.

John
TRA #14574
ARA #064

Someone needs to edit the title of this thread. Delete the word SERVICE.
Don't any of you remember when it was posted here that Curtis was supposedly hard at work filling orders when he was REALLY on a snow skiing vacation?

Curtis has been in business 10(?) years now. The company has changed names 3 times , been thru how many employees , and yet the problem remains. It has nothing to do with BF sales , just poor business management skills .

Eric

Well I guess I was misled- the order I made over the weekend that had some custom pieces in it were shipped out today.
Looks like they're on top of things as of right now!

As one of the more vocal posters on the original RW Black Christmas thread, I have to relay one thing that just happened.

I ordered a 38mm conical nosecone in lime green on Friday (yesterday) and today I received a call from Curtis to say that he received my order and wanted to know if I was okay with another colour (yellow) that was in-stock vs. waiting. I told him I was okay with yellow and he said he would ship it right away. Now as far as keeping in touch with customers orders, you can't beat that service.

I will reserve my applause until it arrives but if it does arrive as promised then RW may be turning a corner.

as a follow-up to the above post, I received an email with tracking information at noon today. So RW kept their word and the stuff is on the way, in this case that is top notch service.

I agree with that if you get in touch with him (you usually have to call weekdays in mid afternoon) he has great customer care and he is really nice to talk to.

Please, pretty please.... To all vendors..... Only sell what you have in stock next BF. That'd be awesome. It's not crazy hard..... make a 29/38 kit, a 38/54 kit, a 54/75 kit, and a 75/98. Make a ton on the low end, and a few on the top. Wait for the orders, box and ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back