LDRS 41 Official Information thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From someone escaping 100+ degree heat indexes the weather this weekend looks incredible.
Got to go by Walmart tomorrow and pick up a cheap pop up on my way in. Didn’t have room for one on the road trip. Will be donating it if anyone needs it on the way out.
Will we be able to set up and leave it all weekend or do we need to take it down and leave no trace each night?

Got to go by Walmart tomorrow and pick up a cheap pop up on my way in. Didn’t have room for one on the road trip. Will be donating it if anyone needs it on the way out.
Will we be able to set up and leave it all weekend or do we need to take it down and leave no trace each night?
Have the same question regarding leaving the pop up in place for the duration.

From someone escaping 100+ degree heat indexes the weather this weekend looks incredible.
If you are looking to get rid of it my sister runs a non profit in Chicago area and could use it. Could even get a tax write off for it. PM me?

I'll be arriving at Bong on Saturday and was wondering if I need to be there at the beginning of the day for the flyer's meeting?

Wasn't sure if you're required to attend it on a day which you plan to fly. I haven't been to a larger event like this before.

I'll be arriving at Bong on Saturday and was wondering if I need to be there at the beginning of the day for the flyer's meeting?

Wasn't sure if you're required to attend it on a day which you plan to fly. I haven't been to a larger event like this before.
It's pretty standard stuff so don't sweat it.

Want to tell anyone listening I've recovered a long yellow & black model at Bong. Was just off the main road through the park. I will post a picture of it. Also will bring it back to Bong in the morning, Saturday

Last edited:
Lost a 38/600 motor at Bong. It was a Monster Motor case with a silver plugged closure and a standard gold aft. Likely still has the Aeropack retainer since it was completely missing from the motor tube. It came out of a 3” LOC Deployer painted black. It was probably ejected out of the rocket at impact. So in the area where it was found if anyone remembers picking it up. Thanks for returning the rocket to lost and found so I could at least save the chute, shock cords and nomex.

Lost a 38/600 motor at Bong. It was a Monster Motor case with a silver plugged closure and a standard gold aft. Likely still has the Aeropack retainer since it was completely missing from the motor tube. It came out of a 3” LOC Deployer painted black. It was probably ejected out of the rocket at impact. So in the area where it was found if anyone remembers picking it up. Thanks for returning the rocket to lost and found so I could at least save the chute, shock cords and nomex.

Do you know what area the rocket was found? Not sure if the person who turned it in, reported the area to those working lost and found.

Yea good for them but sucks for driving to it just like this year. Should rotate from east to west coast every other year to be fair to both coasts.
Get your club to host, then it will be wherever you like. Simple as that. Hosting LDRS is a crapload of work.

Do you know what area the rocket was found? Not sure if the person who turned it in, reported the area to those working lost and found.
I asked at lost and found, and they didn’t know. I’m just hoping someone stumbled across it. I’m going to check lost and found again today before driving home.

Did you get your case? It was found and returned to LCO table late on Sunday morning.

Back