LDRS 41 Official Information thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joke, basically any gas station in WI has it. Also check Mars Cheese Castle as its just east of Bong, right off the highway. It's EVERYWHERE, but IMO, Sprecher Brewing Co. has better offerings.

Its good to have MANY options up here... :headspinning:

No joke, basically any gas station in WI has it. Also check Mars Cheese Castle as its just east of Bong, right off the highway. It's EVERYWHERE, but IMO, Sprecher Brewing Co. has better offerings.

Its good to have MANY options up here... :headspinning:
I will have to check off Sprecher as well, thanks! Almost forgot about Mars cheese castle - driven by there many a times (Chicago native).

I have family activities Wednesday morning so will there still be stuff to help with if I don’t get there till around 3-4?

Okay, I will be there.

BTW, who is bringing the Coffee and Donuts? j/k :p
Tobor,

I will bring you a Donut from O&H
And one to help me pass the Cert Test.....

My Sun Shade is white .....
My wife says I should have my M&M guy there with me.....

Maybe just a photo... LOL

It is now, but forecasted to clear out (at least in the short term). Today is a bit better than yesterday. I could barely see down my driveway (granted, it's a long driveway, but yikes).

For an uber-local report, Brightonwoods Orchard has a weather station on this network:
https://newa.cornell.edu/
Search for Brighton, WI. There's a weather data query in the 'Weather Tools'. I couldn't figure out how to get a direct link.

Note - the wind speed and direction are fubar. The weather station is pole mounted and above apple tree height, but it's still wind-shaded by the oak-hickory woods that sits between the orchard and the Bong overlook. And other patches of oak around the orchard. It never reports the winds we see out on the runway.

Brighton looks good, 76 and 1.2 mph. Can’t bet that.

Smoke, friend in central Michigan sent this picture yesterday, 6/27.
Clearer today
5B9634F8-75EE-4E57-84E4-BF3B2DE9C257.jpeg

I would like to get my granddaughter, 8 years old, interested in mid/high power. We are coming up to spectate. Is there an opportunity to bring a low power (estes) rockets for her to launch? If so, would I need to register? Is there low power launch equipment set up?

I would like to get my granddaughter, 8 years old, interested in mid/high power. We are coming up to spectate. Is there an opportunity to bring a low power (estes) rockets for her to launch? If so, would I need to register? Is there low power launch equipment set up?
Yes, please register your granddaughter. For Youth under 18 flying low power there is no charge. We'll have 14 low power pads set up for your use.

RandyL

Question on the Altitude Contest #1 - objective states "use Aerotech G80-4T, G80-7T, G80-10T, or G80-13T" - so we CAN'T use the Aerotech G80-14T DMS motor?
Has anyone gotten an answer on this? I have a rocket built for this contest, but rocksim is putting my recommended delay at 14.15 seconds so the DMS motor would be perfect. If I am limited to using the G80-13T i will have to make considerations for that and possibly use altimeter deploy.

For alt contest #2...how many flights can I do? Got a brand new rocket and would like to do a shake-down flight first on Thursday or Friday. If multiple flights are allowed I want to put in a "banker" flight and then the second one is where I'll try to get really close.

Edit: Looking through my rocket inventory and sims it appears I have three rockets that will hit a mile quite easily on a J...sooooo similar question I guess. Can I enter all three and then have the one that's the closest be my entry?

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten an answer on this? I have a rocket built for this contest, but rocksim is putting my recommended delay at 14.15 seconds so the DMS motor would be perfect. If I am limited to using the G80-13T i will have to make considerations for that and possibly use altimeter deploy.
Please contact LOC - they are organizing these events

For alt contest #2...how many flights can I do? Got a brand new rocket and would like to do a shake-down flight first on Thursday or Friday. If multiple flights are allowed I want to put in a "banker" flight and then the second one is where I'll try to get really close.

Edit: Looking through my rocket inventory and sims it appears I have three rockets that will hit a mile quite easily on a J...sooooo similar question I guess. Can I enter all three and then have the one that's the closest be my entry?
Please contact LOC - they are organizing these events

We -so- need the rain. The orchard logged half an inch. So far. We had a brief downpour in Bristol a couple hours ago.

Back