Estes G Engine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopwyo

Reaction score
What happened to the G size engine that Estes was making? Why did the pro series II engines get discontinued?

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
We'll never really know for sure why the Pro Series II engines were discontinued, but it's almost certainly because they weren't profitable for Estes. It's much more profitable to sell their own engines than re-labeled Aerotech engines. This is also why all current Pro Series II kits now available will fly on Estes engines (when built stock).

I keep hoping my 2 LHS will blow out their Estes PSII engines, but there they sit on the shelf, at full retail.

We'll never really know for sure why the Pro Series II engines were discontinued, but it's almost certainly because they weren't profitable for Estes. It's much more profitable to sell their own engines than re-labeled Aerotech engines. This is also why all current Pro Series II kits now available will fly on Estes engines (when built stock).

I keep hoping my 2 LHS will blow out their Estes PSII engines, but there they sit on the shelf, at full retail.
I would guess it is cost and demand related.

Estes just rebranded the aerotech motors, that's why I didn't buy any. You can just buy them from aerotech.

Back