Estes Black Brant XII Advertisement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Black Brant this morning. The box is surprisingly small considering the finished length of the model, but I guess it makes sense since it's made up of several lengths of tubing. Curiously, I did not receive a poster with mine. Considering I placed my order within minutes of it going live, I would be surprised if I wasn't one of the first 100 to purchase it. Not a huge deal, and obviously not the reason I ordered, but was wondering if anyone did get a poster with theirs.

Last edited:
I received my Black Brant this morning. The box is surprisingly small considering the finished length of the model, but I guess it makes sense since it's made up of several lengths of tubing. Curiously, I did not receive a poster with my order. Considering I placed my order within minutes of it going live, I would be surprised if I wasn't one of the first 100 to purchase it. Not a huge deal, and obviously not the reason I ordered, but was wondering if anyone did get a poster with their order.
I placed the order as well within minutes and no poster

I received my Black Brant this morning. The box is surprisingly small considering the finished length of the model, but I guess it makes sense since it's made up of several lengths of tubing. Curiously, I did not receive a poster with mine. Considering I placed my order within minutes of it going live, I would be surprised if I wasn't one of the first 100 to purchase it. Not a huge deal, and obviously not the reason I ordered, but was wondering if anyone did get a poster with theirs.
I to placed my order the minute it came out even before it was listed. I typed in the code because I didn’t see it listed yet and it came up for purchase. I purchased the Black Brant even before the opened up in the morning. I am waiting for it to be delivered today by FedX. Even with FedX I am getting a sick feeling in my stomach because they are no better than UPS with packages. They like to play football with stuff before you get it. I will let you know if my poster came with it. It better! I know I definitely got it in to be the first 100 sales.

I think I’m going to have to get two. One to build stock, and one to set up for staging.

begging no money GIF
I'm thinking that when I eventually get my two stage conversion of Quest's Terrier-Orion finished and all the mechanics working, I'll use the same scheme for this as three stage. Maybe even four stage by spinning up a battery driven gyro inside the Nihka.

Temporarily SOLD OUT!
No surprise.

Last edited:
Same story here with regard to the poster. No poster in my shipment. I'm pretty bummed but of course, the poster was secondary. I have to say this kit is really nice. I spent some time doing busy work in-between meetings today. I got the transitions all cut out and fin slots opened up as well as shoving the clay into the nose. Of course I had to stack it all up just to see... this thing is deceptively tall. I am really surprised seeing it in person.

Cool observations from the instructions:
  • Kevlar attachment for the shock cord (instead of standard Estes teabag mount)
  • Instructions walk you through internal fillets
  • In general, a lot more words than the typical Estes kit instructions
I can't wait to get this one done... :)

I just wrote to Estes. I just received my Black Brant and no poster either. I told Estes no one from what I’m seeing so far has not received their free poster. WHY???? I am pretty sure at 99.99% that I purchased it before it was listed with their Pro Series II page. Even before their doors opened for the day. Let’s see what kind of an answer I get.

In some of the previous "poster included" deals I've done with Estes the poster arrived separately in its own tube. Not sure what they are doing this time but it's Estes. If they promised you a poster you will get a poster.

The way things are going for me I don’t expect nothing anymore. I will take a picture of all my kits and blow it up. There’s my poster.

In some of the previous "poster included" deals I've done with Estes the poster arrived separately in its own tube. Not sure what they are doing this time but it's Estes. If they promised you a poster you will get a poster.

Sounds in-line with my experience, my Saturn V poster arrived a short while after the order with the kit came, the SV poster was mailed in a proper tube separately from the big box the kit and other items were shipped in.

Sounds in-line with my experience, my Saturn V poster arrived a short while after the order with the kit came, the SV poster was mailed in a proper tube separately from the big box the kit and other items were shipped in.
IIRC same thing happened with the free poster I got when ordering the B.O.S.S.
Came in a separate poster tube, no wrinkles or creases.

I not angry at a company. Where is that coming from? I just get annoyed with people promising something and don’t follow through. I feel as tough sometimes people like to tell you things to make themselves feel good. Yea I will still buy from them with caution. Too many times company’s offer something but you have to look at the fine print. It happens every day. That’s how company’s make money! Offer something eye catching to get you to jump on something to purchase. That’s called marketing.

You've regularly bad mouthed Estes and Bad Boy Rocketry, but it seems clear that you're unwilling to give them any grace to respond to your concerns.
STOP!!! It’s not bad mouthing it’s asking for advice and why someone gets insulted over a return. Like when a rocket motor catos there are a lot of finger pointing at one company. Well do you call that bad mouthing. I spoke with Customer Service about like F15-0 and above motor failure. They said not too many people are reporting the issues. Move On!!!

I not angry at a company. Where is that coming from? I just get annoyed with people promising something and don’t follow through. I feel as tough sometimes people like to tell you things to make themselves feel good. Yea I will still buy from them with caution. Too many times company’s offer something but you have to look at the fine print. It happens every day. That’s how company’s make money! Offer something eye catching to get you to jump on something to purchase. That’s called marketing.

It's your money; I'm not trying to tell you how or where to spend it. But you complain about Estes or make snarky comments about them a lot more often than many people here. You have every right to do so, so I'm not calling you out on that. What I am calling you out on is the fact that you express your anger/frustration/annoyance a lot, but still send Estes so much of your money.

Is it weird that someone is annoyed with a company? No. Is it weird that someone likes to spend money on a particular company's products? No. But it's at least a little weird that someone spends so much discretionary money on a company they're annoyed with.

STOP!!! It’s not bad mouthing it’s asking for advice and why someone gets insulted over a return. Like when a rocket motor catos there are a lot of finger pointing at one company. Well do you call that bad mouthing. I spoke with Customer Service about like F15-0 and above motor failure. They said not too many people are reporting the issues. Move On!!!
The company wasn't insulted over the return itself.

You gave them barely 24 hours to respond to your messages. They weren't unreasonable. That's on you for not being patient with a small company run by real people with real lives. They made a 100% reasonable decision to no longer do business with a customer that handles things the way you did.

Let me make one thing clear. In the past three and a half years I have had had two major failed back surgeries, one failed knee surgery because of nerve damage from my back and diagnosed with cancer in between. My cancer may be back. My cat Mia she was my best friend and companion after 18 years died June 16th. I Am full of depression and now anger. Now have to deal with stupidity is beyond me. It’s my money and if a company big or small can’t live up to their promises then I will vent, or ask for opinions in here. If you follow my posts in What Did I Not Do Rocketry Wise Today you would understand. I have better things to do.

Let me make one thing clear. In the past three and a half years I have had had two major failed back surgeries, one failed knee surgery because of nerve damage from my back and diagnosed with cancer in between. My cancer may be back. My cat Mia she was my best friend and companion after 18 years died June 16th. I Am full of depression and now anger. Now have to deal with stupidity is beyond me. It’s my money and if a company big or small can’t live up to their promises then I will vent, or ask for opinions in here. If you follow my posts in What Did I Not Do Rocketry Wise Today you would understand. I have better things to do.
All of those are awful things to deal with. You have my compassion. I truly wish I had the right words to provide any sort of peace or comfort in the middle of that.

Those things don't make your responses to Estes or BBR justifiable.

Those sound like rough things to go through and it's understandable you'd be depressed and angry having to deal with those things. Just don't let it be an excuse to treat others in ways they don't deserve.

I get it. I have been dealing with a distributor for years that deals with Estes. You want to hear an ear full they are a lot worse so it’s not just me. If I have offended anyone in here I will apologize but I just can’t justify being taken as a fool. I realized with myself deep depression has changed me. With the loss of Mia put me over the edge. Now I open up instead of hiding in a corner. I have been with Estes since 1975 but I expect what I’m paying for.

Back