Estes Black Brant XII Advertisement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...No response.

I will add this post to put this information back on the front page. ;)

I saw it last night but didn't have much to add other than it seemed curious to me.

There's absolutely nothing on their website or social media accounts about this model, nor did I receive an email from them like I always do.

So ... the twelfth one is the iconic one huh? 😄

So guessing, 3" dimeter to 2.5" diameter to 2.0" ??

Can't be, that would be too heavy for an F15-4. Anyone else care to guess ?
Why guess? The image I posted states E16-6 and F15-6. If you need more info on dimensions, check out page 55 of the 2023 catalog. Diameter is 2.22" with a length of 54.6".

I've placed at least three orders with them this year, and they never sent me a catalog.

Most likely 2.2" to 1.6" to whatever is next in line (bt50?) which will make for a flimsy rocket on an E/F

Why guess? The image I posted states E16-6 and F15-6. If you need more info on dimensions, check out page 55 of the 2023 catalog. Diameter is 2.22" with a length of 54.6".

There is no page 55 of the 2023 catalog you can download on the Website. Page 49 simply shows the BB12 next to the Grant Goblin on the back cover.

That's a great looking rocket! What motors did you fly it on? What caused the 'splat'?
AT J825R to CTI H225WT to AT I40. The second stage didn't fire because I loaded the Proton upside down. I -think- the third stage didn't save itself was due to a faulty battery lead. I suspect that either I had about 3 Turnigy batteries with poor connections - or that the way I've handled them counts as abuse. I may have put too much tension on the leads over their life.

I've been waiting for this one. Once it hits AC Supply, I'll pick it up for a future three-stage project. With my build rate, I might have it ready by the Black Brant XII's 50th anniversary in 2038. 🤣
It will be the same price there.

I've been waiting for this one. Once it hits AC Supply, I'll pick it up for a future three-stage project. With my build rate, I might have it ready by the Black Brant XII's 50th anniversary in 2038. 🤣
It will be the same price there.

AC Supply has all the current Estes PSII kits (and all other Estes items they sell) discounted - including the new #7322 So Long - though we’ll have to wait and see if the BB XII follows suite. No idea what happened to MAP…

No idea what happened to MAP…

I think it took about a week for Estes to realize there was a loophole big enough to drive a whole UP freight train through, plus at least two significant retailers (both abbreviated HL) that simply didn't change anything, and then everything went back to the way it had been. A difference, to be a difference, has to make a difference.

I think it took about a week for Estes to realize there was a loophole big enough to drive a whole UP freight train through, plus at least two significant retailers (both abbreviated HL) that simply didn't change anything, and then everything went back to the way it had been. A difference, to be a difference, has to make a difference.
Estes probably realized quite quickly that they were going to lose a LOT of sales with that stupid idea. They're still making bank, although they'd make more bank by bringing more production back to the US and saving on boat/plane fuel lol

Estes probably realized quite quickly that they were going to lose a LOT of sales with that stupid idea. They're still making bank, although they'd make more bank by bringing more production back to the US and saving on boat/plane fuel lol
Nope.

It is still cheaper for Estes to make products overseas than here in the USA. As for boat fuel, Estes products are shipped in containers from the manufacturing locations and are but a few of the thousands of containers on a ship. When divided among all the containers the fuel charge to each container is not very big.

Nope.

It is still cheaper for Estes to make products overseas than here in the USA. As for boat fuel, Estes products are shipped in containers from the manufacturing locations and are but a few of the thousands of containers on a ship. When divided among all the containers the fuel charge to each container is not very big.
I once did a project for a manufacturer determining costs for producing a BT60 size plastic nose cone. This was about 10 years ago. The cost of the metal tooling in the USA was 8 times more expensive. The cost of molding 5000 nose cones (minimum quantity) out of that tooling was 10 times more expensive in the USA.

A great many - most, in fact - scale models of current or historical space rockets have to be optimized primarily as models, not as "aerodynamically stabilized free rockets" as the famous handbook terms such craft.

What makes scale sounding rockets compelling to me is that models of the originals aren't too far off of the ideal aerodynamically stabilized free rocket. For what we do, sounding rockets are the archetypes.

Ergo, I'm pretty exited about this kit.

Latest posts

Back