Estes Argent PSII released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see these models re-released.
I love these models with mostly 29mm mounts capable of flying well on composites. I do not like it where Estes uses balsa fins in a "Pro Series " rocket.
These definitely need to be basswood or plywood. Nylon chute as expected.

I believe the use of basswood or plywood could have put the model over the weight limit for the largest Estes BP engine. Of course composites would work fine. However Estes is in the buisness of manufacturing and selling
black powder motors. I wish I knew the answer.

Great to see these models re-released.
I love these models with mostly 29mm mounts capable of flying well on composites. I do not like it where Estes uses balsa fins in a "Pro Series " rocket.
These definitely need to be basswood or plywood. Nylon chute as expected.

I believe the use of basswood or plywood could have put the model over the weight limit for the largest Estes BP engine. Of course composites would work fine. However Estes is in the buisness of manufacturing and selling
black powder motors. I wish I knew the answer.
The Argent has plywood fins…

That color scheme inspired my build of the Centuri Design Manual plan for the Cloud Buster to highlight the transitions and boat tail. Apologies for the LPR sidebar.

407137-b98abea6161499fc64229bba55765058.data

Back