XPRS 2013 - Black Rock, NV - Who's Coming?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope...BLM counts them too. Believe me AeroPac would love not to charge what we do. We paid BLM just under $6000 in day use fees last year.

Tony Alcocer
AeroPac

Good gosh I hate the Feds. We need to take our lands back.

You can 'prepay" by joining AeroPac. It's to late in the season to make financial sence now. Launch fees for non-members are $30.00 per person
per launch. Spectator fees are $10.00 per day.

Tony

I need clarification of this statement. It's $30 for the weekend for no matter how many I fly, right? Or is it the way it reads, $30 per FLIGHT? Just a small amount of confusion on my part.

I need clarification of this statement. It's $30 for the weekend for no matter how many I fly, right? Or is it the way it reads, $30 per FLIGHT? Just a small amount of confusion on my part.

Dave, $30 to a be a flier for all of XPRS. You are unlimited to the number of flights. "Launch" meaning event.

Tony

After some complicated shift trades at work, Janet & I will be out there Saturday for sure, maybe Sat. & Sun.

All the best, James

After some complicated shift trades at work, Janet & I will be out there Saturday for sure, maybe Sat. & Sun.

All the best, James

w00t! I'm bringing my wife for her first trip ever to the Black Rock. Glad I'll see you there.

Looks like I'll be rideing down with TheSamurai and his son. Missed the club meeting :( but we'll talk. Still the first Wednesday in September meeting as far as that goes.

Haven't been there in a while, I know nothing's changed ;)

I am planning to come out. Not bringing anything huge...probably fly my spankin' new AAA Model Aviation Magnum Nike-H on the AeroTech I59 endburner, my USR Sonic 2200 on G64 to F38, and my Enerjet 2650 clone on 3 29mm something or nothers. Maybe the Magnum with a Kosdon K700.

It has been a while since I have been to an AeroPac launch.

Ok, definitely going. Not sure if I'm going to bring all of the projects I started, but will try and finish my O project in time.

Jason, see you there.

Derek

I will be at XPRS. I will fly a 3" minimum diameter rocket on an M3700.

So have they changed the fee schedule to $30 for XPRS Fri to Sun or is it going to be where they call Fri XPRS research/EX day at $30 and then XPRS Sat Sun at $30 on top of it? Also if it's $10 a day to spectate it ends up as the same price to fly if $30 for the whole event Fri-Sat?

Kosdon 2.5"?

It is CTI White. I will be flying it in an AMW 75/7600 case with CTI adapter. The motor is the equivalent of 5.3 grains but it has 4 long grains. The reload comes with a .7 grain spacer.

Looks like I'll be rideing down with TheSamurai and his son. Missed the club meeting :( but we'll talk. Still the first Wednesday in September meeting as far as that goes.

Haven't been there in a while, I know nothing's changed ;)

Sounds good. Yeah it is the first Wednesday each month. We should meet up here in the next two weeks and get some stuff planned out.

Sounds good. Yeah it is the first Wednesday each month. We should meet up here in the next two weeks and get some stuff planned out.

There's a piece of ground close to me that might be the idea low power launch site. Behind the Boise School Admin building there's a large parcel of land that is a mile long and about 1/3 of a mile wide. The land was given to the school district and the plan is to make it all soccer fields but that's no real problem, there's been no money to develope the property, yet. Boise is one of those areas where they believe in multi-use for the land. I need to check it out but in the past there's been no problem with flying off Boise School property, provided you clean up and I usually leave with more than I brought making the landskeepers happy with me.

I'm about to start my 2nd level rocket to fly at XPRS. I'll be renewing with Tripoli first of the month so I'll have that covered :)
I really need to launch the Tour De Deuce rockets so I can send them on.

Last edited:
I'm trying to finish my rocket to go do my cert 1 at XPRS. What time do launches start and how long does it to check it and then have your rocket launched?

Will be there. Bought a DX3 at LDRS and plan on doing my Level 1 at XPRS.

Looking forward to meeting you and others at the launch.

Bill Jehle
Carson City

Will be there. Bought a DX3 at LDRS and plan on doing my Level 1 at XPRS.

Looking forward to meeting you and others at the launch.

Bill Jehle
Carson City

Oh awesome Bill. I have your name and email on our Reno TRA list from the 4th of July, but it got kicked back. PM me your info and I'll get you added to the list.

It looks I can make it there on Thursday. Is there anyone planning to leave on Friday 9/13? I need a ride to Reno to catch a flight back home.

Ari.

From the AeroPac list...

Hi Everyone, The countdown to XPRS is moving ahead (since time can't be stopped), now a little less than two weeks. We still need volunteers for the LCO / RSO shifts so be sure to sign up for a shift or two! We are a volunteer organization and we need help!

NEW FOR THIS YEAR - I've been thinking that we need to have a theme of the day at XPRS. This is not a contest, there are no prizes (I know, bummer), and just for fun. So if you launch a rocket that matches the theme you get some extra recognition from the LCO - so EASY!

For Friday Sept 13th we have "Big and Fat Friday"! - Bring out your fattest, heaviest, low and slow, big butt bomber rocket that makes the rail bend over... Put a big-ol honkin motor in it and we can all watch a cool flight that stays low, is loud, and looks way cool! Get bonus oos and awws if you use a huge sparky motor. The goal is maximum entertainment and an easy to see the complete flight.

For Saturday Sept 14th we have "Super Sonic Saturday"! - We will feature eXtreem, sleek, neck breaking, over powered mach busting rockets that streak out of sight!

For Sunday Sept 15th we have "Easy Rider Sunday Flier"! - After Fat Fridays bomber, heavy and loud rockets, and Saturdays super sonic neck breakers we all need a break... Sunday is about low tech, not so eXtreem rockets that are easy, low stress and fun!

So there you have it. So get-em ready to fly!

Your humble launch director -

-Gene

Anyone know if the smoke form the Yosmite Fire is affecting the Black Rock conditions?

The Gerlach, NV weather shows smoke.

Fire should be contained next week but might still be burning thru XPRS.

Booked my flight to RNO. I expect to be on the playa Thursday morning.

Ari.

Back