Green Jello's Level 1 Build - Wildman Jr. Kit - "Certify With Us" program

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The I125 turned out to be more motor than I should have done. [/B]

Careful there, you could loose your Wildman status making statements like that. You got it back didn't you? Flew higher than expected? Faster and farther too.... Can't beat that! And you listened to our advise. Thought that chute looked a little smaller....
Keep us posted on your dual deploy setup, I have five or six successful DD flights now, almost an expert!
:rofl:

Careful there, you could loose your Wildman status making statements like that.

And return him to mildman status? Hopefully not ;)

Anyways congrats Green Jello!! I liked the build thread and the flight looked good.

NEVER! I'll happily stuff the biggest motor I can in that thing now. Just meant I should keep it close to home for the cert flight.

Thanks! I ran the sim (assuming the weights are good) and it agrees pretty well with your results if you allow a +-20% delay or impulse. At a stated 10 second max delay of the 567-I125 ROCKSIM guesses about 4643 feet. Personally I consider that perfect to your stated 4893. RS says your rocket is still hustling upwards however with a 10 second delay. So if I give it a 11 or 12 second delay I get around 4750. Add in a few percent of uncertainty here and there on the total impulse, and on the accuracy of the Altimeter One in hot conditions, and I think a sim getting within a few 100 feet is pretty good!

Congrats again! What's next for you?

PS: I downloaded the I125 data from within RS.

Back