WILDMAN BLACK SATURDAY SALE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading the posts, realized I must be old. I can't remember what I ordered.... Very scarey....

Generally I can: Nomex, chutes, reloads, & I think a Wild Child. I remember that one reload is an H238T, but the rest is gonzo.... Good thing Tim & Co. are stand up people, or I'd be screwed.

Good thing Tim & Co. are stand up people, or I'd be screwed.

With that kind of memory, all it takes is a little lagging on shipping each order, and it's easy to be stand up people :wink:

Looking forward to hopefully receiving my two kits soon! Hopefully those extreme nosecones made it in on time!

I was reading the posts, realized I must be old. I can't remember what I ordered.... Very scarey....

Generally I can: Nomex, chutes, reloads, & I think a Wild Child. I remember that one reload is an H238T, but the rest is gonzo.... Good thing Tim & Co. are stand up people, or I'd be screwed.

If you ordered online, send me a PM with your name and address, and I can look through the database and get you a list. If you ordered over the phone, you'd have to check with Tim or Jackie.

-Kevin

Ok - got mine today. I love Monday deliveries - what a great way to start off the week. This is my first rocket order from Wildman: Vindicator Jr, Darkstar mini, Wildchild (for a friend) and my first altimeter - going to figure out dual deployment this spring. Hefty little rockets. I'll have to give Tim a call tomorrow though, my jr's missing the coupler - not a big deal, I won't be starting this for a few weeks. Thanks again Tim

Look inside the body & payload tube first. Sometimes they end up in there.

Checked that last night, it's not there. Not a big deal. I have a few more items that I wanted to order anyways, so I'll just have him toss it in with my order.

Here's everything that came with the kit:

Vin-jr-parts.jpg

If you ordered online, send me a PM with your name and address, and I can look through the database and get you a list. If you ordered over the phone, you'd have to check with Tim or Jackie.

-Kevin

Thanx Kevin, but actually you reminded me that I got email confirmation... Just found it by doing a search for 'wildman'. Still sad that I would be able to forget what I ordered. Over the hill @ 50, I hate to think what wont work @ 60....

Thanx Kevin, but actually you reminded me that I got email confirmation... Just found it by doing a search for 'wildman'. Still sad that I would be able to forget what I ordered. Over the hill @ 50, I hate to think what wont work @ 60....
...and thank YOU for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the Email confirmation, but just searched and found it. Darkstar Mini, dozen or so "G" SU engines/retainer... Can't WAIT to get started on the Darkstar. Got my eye on the Blackhawk29 next....

Your not the only one that suffers from CRS(it hits at 41 also).....I opened my package that came last night and almost tossed out a MWP 9 DVD and retainer with all the peanuts.

Came home last nite to a rather large box waiting for me, from the wildman himself. This extreme darkstar is huuuuuuuuuge!!!! I had all the pieces leaning against the basement wall, and while watching TV couldn't stop myself from looking over every so often and just grinning at how awesome this kit is! Thanks Tim and Jackie for an awesome sale, and all the hard work!

Based on my experience......everything

I got part of my order yesterday. The box said #2 of 2, so I'm assuming both went out at the same time. Right now I'm sitting at work anxiously waiting to go home!! Hopefully there's another big brown box waiting for me. :D

Are you guys getting shipped emails and/or tracking info?

Just curious many posts sound like the boxes are magically showing up at the door. Still waiting on mine (no rush), I assume I'm at the bottom of the list.

That's the norm with Tim. No shipping info, just a pleasant surprise when the package shows up! :)

Are you guys getting shipped emails and/or tracking info?

Just curious many posts sound like the boxes are magically showing up at the door. Still waiting on mine (no rush), I assume I'm at the bottom of the list.

One of the things we've discussed is a good way for Tim to be able to send those emails. There are some challenges to it, especially to doing it without creating a huge amount of extra work for Tim & Jackie that just slows things down.

We're working on it.

-Kevin

Your not the only one that suffers from CRS(it hits at 41 also).....I opened my package that came last night and almost tossed out a MWP 9 DVD and retainer with all the peanuts.

I got hit with the rebirth of my rocketry at 43... is that Crazy Rocketry Syndrome? My wife did not catch it so i think it has a limited infection rate...

WOOO!!! Got the rest of my order today. 70lbs of motors!! I even managed to hurt my back picking it up. >.<

woohhoo got my order today... now i have the wrench to assemble the 98mm 6 grain N2501 white motor muahhahahah.

might even do a build thread on the WILD THANG EXTREME

Last edited:
Got a package today and hoped it was the coupler for my Space Cowboy - nope, a nose cone. Well, maybe next week.

Man I get excited when i see the UPS truck head up my road....then bummed when he doesn't stop!

As Tom Petty so eloquently stated....the waiting is the hardest part!

I'm so looking forward to getting my Vindicator. But I think I ordered some g64-7's so it could be a while. Still got three weeks left before I'm outa the sling. Just jealous. Couldn't lift the box right now anyway. And It's not like I don't have 3 hpr and 60 estes kits to build. I'll tell you of you want to learn patience have shoulder surgery (try zipping your pants one handed). :). There I've whined enough for today. Venting over.

Cj

I feel your pain. As my grandmother said before she died,"Getting old sucks". I've been painting our living room over the weekend and I already feel like an invalid at 44. Not used to bending and stretching so much.

Good luck with your recovery... keep moving.

The box includes a Vindicator Jr, DarkstarMini, 30" chute, Mworks RRC2 and a variety of reloads, lighters, motor casings and hardware. This stuff is my inspiration to finish the paint work that's been sorely needed. Time to move on to something fun!

wild1.JPG

There was Joy Friday night as this large box arrived !

Thanks Tim and Jackie !

Here are some pics, with all its '1.4c Explosives' goodness !

Kenny
:wave:

2012-02-03 19.02.05b.jpg

2012-02-03 19.14.13b.jpg

Back