wich one

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats right she's the greatest thing that ever happened to me.....
and not only cause she got me the 'stang.

Originally posted by lipp
I've got the executioner done. heres a picture of it in primer. Kinda looks like a gohst or something don't it?????

DUDE, my wife would be PI**ED if I painted the deck like that!

Nice! :p

pretty much anything outside the walls is my part of the house.. oohh!! and inside my room.... just kidding!!! that deck is about junk anyway....

gives her a reason to have me build a new deck!!!!

I've built a couple executioners and have put them up on f motors
the only problem I've had is because it tends to land on a fin , the tube above the fin crimps easily.. my next one will have some stiffeners inside the bodytube. my second one crimped on the first flight and it really wasn't coming down very fast at all.

true but I want to keep it light so I'm going with the stiffners,I would like to keep it in the E and F range. glass would probably limit the selection.

mustang is ready for flight 1. hopefuly this weekend..

looks good! What's the motor for the first flight?

Hey Hey, i got a new mid power.Aerotech Barracuda does anyone have any input on this rocket??????

I have only seen one Barracuda fly (or attemp to fly). It was back when Estes was making those deadly E15's. The poor Barracuda burned right down to the ground.

Originally posted by lipp
Hey Hey, i got a new mid power.Aerotech Barracuda does anyone have any input on this rocket??????

Another fine rocket kit. However, I am once again, biased. ;)

If anything, the Barracuda suffers from a somewhat bland paint scheme. I really didn't have a good idea for the finishing of this rocket. I had hoped one day to re-visit the Barracuda and give it a more exciting paint/decal scheme.

I don't see too many of these kits at launches. For this reason, I built one a few years ago. I flew it on occassion but the lack of motors has kept it grounded. I guess motor availability is no longer a problem... :)

I have seen just about every Aerotech kit fly except the Barracuda. :D But got to love the Initiator.

I love AT kits. The Barracuda SCREAMS on a G64 (2500+ft). Great kit. Have you got a 29/40-120 case? It is very useful for AT kits.

BTW - a perfect motor for an Executioner is an AT F21. Same size as an Estes E9, twice the power, and a big white flame. You can't go wrong.

My graduater wore out from broken fins and other stuff like that, I won it in a raffle, nice rocket.

I noticed this was a pretty old thread but I will still throw my 2 cents in and say the AeroTech Initiator -- mainly because it was my first mid-power kit. I think the Initiator is to mid-power what the Alpha is to low-power. Lots of other good kits mentioned though...

Besides just naming a kit, I will talk about manufacturer. It really does matter. Aerotech are mid power kits but are in my opinion easier then a surface mounted fin estes rocket. For a true MPR you need fins that are attached without a snap on unit. LOC kits are nice and simple, but the elastic is not good for larger rockets. PML has some nice kits and the best materials in my opinion, their QT tubing is not good for very large rockets or mach busters but is great for a mid power rocketeer, just sand it. The G10 fins and rings are also very nice. The cones are sturdy and the pistons are nice but I dont personally like to use them. I would stay away from surface mounted fins and MPR rockets with fins that go through a slot but not the the motor mount tube. For a very strong bond the fin should go to the motor mount tube and possibly be sandwiched between two rings.

Back