Tripoli Las Vegas Springfest 2014 Who's coming?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was. It had been repaired, but after the M Sunday morning, she rebroke that shattered fin. The new repair lasted till she smashed into the ground.

She will not be flying again.

Where did you get CF for $20 a yard? I can only find it for $25 if you order in bulk!! :confused2:

Super photos everyone!!! Bryce unless you know something I don't, no lens is f/0 (Or you math guy, show me the geometry of that surface).

With manual focus lenses on Canon cameras, they display F/0 in a bit of wishful thinking.

I'm thinking these 'RaD' motors really need to be on a heavy rocket to slow down the acceleration to allow the color change to be more noticeable or maybe if the change is from smokey white to sparky with black smoke. I also think if the motor we static fired last year, the red-white-blue, had been launched the blue would never had been seen.

Yes. It takes a lot of web thickness to do a tri-color well. Two-colors can be made to work in smaller sizes, but I think I would only ever do another tri-color in 98 and above.

Last edited:
I'll make a red-white-blue load for my 5" O case if somebody has a rocket for it.

Bryce many many of those are easily salvageable. Did you take them RAW? Or JPEG?
I need a place for you to share them with me. Or simply snmail me the card.

Here's three I spent a few minutes on. I can't fix everything but they aren't 'bad'. They are a bit grainy due to that huge 1000 ISO setting and the N/R in the camera. But most people could care less.

Iv got the lowest and slowest 5" capable rocket on the west coast I bet.

Bryce, I love you man. But I would not put an O motor in that thing. Besides, a red-white-blue motor should go in a patriot. Maybe an 11.5" patriot. Don't you have a free 11.5" nose cone now? :)

Bryce many many of those are easily salvageable. Did you take them RAW? Or JPEG?
I need a place for you to share them with me. Or simply snmail me the card.

Here's three I spent a few minutes on. I can't fix everything but they aren't 'bad'. They are a bit grainy due to that huge 1000 ISO setting and the N/R in the camera. But most people could care less.

Yeah, but shadow noise.

Newer sensors (aside from Canon's, alas...) have incredible shadow recovery capabilities. My Ricoh GR doesn't sneeze at 3 stop underexposure. A D800 can be pushed even farther. On the other hand, my 60D turns into a splotchy red mess when I lift the exposure by more than 1.5 stops.

Yeah, but shadow noise.

Newer sensors (aside from Canon's, alas...) have incredible shadow recovery capabilities. My Ricoh GR doesn't sneeze at 3 stop underexposure. A D800 can be pushed even farther. On the other hand, my 60D turns into a splotchy red mess when I lift the exposure by more than 1.5 stops.

Ah Carlos my dear... must be nice. Some of us have to make do with 2010 crap. ;)
Be good. Take photos.

NOW THAT IS A LAUNCH REPORT!!! :clap: Well done!! And some beautiful models you flew!

Honest it was an great report! Felt like being there. I love all the duct tape on Bryce's rocket. Looks just like a Rockets by Bryce(tm) rocket. The before and after of Der Green Max, also priceless... sounds like a commercial for mastercard...

Cost of rocket... blah
Cost of motor... blah
Joy of building another... priceless! :)

JP got some great photos but I can't deal with the small size and watermarks. After about 20 or 30 I gave up.
The market for illegal copies of rockets photos at Springfest is really lucrative, so I totally understand why you would watermark them and only allow 640x480.

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

Well done Tim! thanks.. and another??? I dont thinks so.... but I do have a 98mm aeropac still in good shape... I am thinking 8" diam Photon disruptor.... hummmmm tim?? you up for it??

Well done Tim! thanks.. and another??? I dont thinks so.... but I do have a 98mm aeropac still in good shape... I am thinking 8" diam Photon disruptor.... hummmmm tim?? you up for it??

Thanks...... as far as the 8" Disruptor... heck ya... but it will be tough logistically. We'll have to get together and plan it out.

Ah Carlos my dear... must be nice. Some of us have to make do with 2010 crap. ;)
Be good. Take photos.

I do make do with my 2010 crap crop sensor 60d, but I have to be much more careful.

I don't have a d800 myself; my neighbor gave me some files to play around with.

Latest posts

Back