Something for the people who like to make their own Mylar parachutes.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
We at Rockethead Rockets are looking at make a Mylar parachute kit for you how like to make their own Mylar parachutes. What you will get in your kit is 5 18" x 30" Sheets of our .8 mil High quality Mylar, 50# tensile strength Kevlar and either 10 Number 10 or number 7 swivles. You can get all of this for only $4.95. We are also going to be adding the Mylar sheets 5 for $1.79, Kevlar 10 feet for $.95 and number 10 or number 7 swivles for $.95. It might be a couple days before I get any of these products up on my web site but you can order them now by e-mailing us at [email protected] The shipping on the parts will be $.90 and for the parachute kit will be $4.30 because it will need a long box as I will not fold the Mylar because I do like creases in the Mylar. Please let me know what you all think of these prodcuts.

Tom,

I'd be interested in buying some of the mylar sheets, since I've already got a lot of the swivels and kevlar thread already. The question I have, however, is this: Would you be able to roll the kevlar around a soft core dowel, say, something the size of a BT-5? You could then put it into a fairly small tube or a skinny box.

WW

Back