Quote? What is your favorite quote?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few.. My fav's are...
The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you figure out why. -Mark Twain

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

Joke 'em if they can't take a f*ck!

A w***e should be judged by the same criteria as other professionals offering services for pay — such as dentists, lawyers, hairdressers, physicians, plumbers, etc. Is she professionally competent? Does she give good measure? Is she honest with her clients?
It is possible that the percentage of honest and competent w***es is higher than that of plumbers and much higher than that of lawyers. And enormously higher than that of professors.

Best,
Terry "P'rfesser"
:D

'For our struggle is not against enemies of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers, authorities, and the cosmic powers of this present darkness." - Paul (ish).

"Deterrence only works if you are willing to use the item upon which it's based." - Me

"Ego is just overdressed insecurity." - Quincy Jones

"I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why that's not stupid." - My good friend West Dillard, in response to a question about an idiotic racecar design that the press was quite enamored with a few years back.

“I drank what?”

-Socrates

“The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them. To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

-Zaphod Beeblebrox (Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac A

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov
Ignorance, like hate, is like acid.It destroys the vessel that holds it.

I have a few.. My fav's are...
The two most important days in your life are the day you're born and the day you figure out why. -Mark Twain

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

Joke 'em if they can't take a f*ck!
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member.-. Groucho Marx

Movie quotes everyone will remember

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn
May the force be with you
I'll be back

My favorites - from the God Father
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse

and No 1 -

Leave the gun, take the cannoli

n36tfjz.jpg

My favorite quote is:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
Thomas Jefferson

This quote is actually taken out of context and means something other than what it appears to mean... (Link)

Back