Quote? What is your favorite quote?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where there’s a will, I want to be in it

Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill is the king of quotes.

I like:

“War of the Unknown Warriors”

"This is no war of chieftains or of princes, of dynasties or national ambition; it is a war of peoples and of causes. There are vast numbers, not only in this island but in every land, who will render faithful service in this war but whose names will never be known, whose deeds will never be recorded. This is a war of the Unknown Warriors; but let all strive without failing in faith or in duty, and the dark curse of Hitler will be lifted from our age.”

It rings very true today. With all the awards and ribbons given, wars are won by those who get no accolades.

I can’t stand intolerant people.

In a world of fugitives, the person who is headed in the right direction will appear to be running away. - T.S. Eliot

Why anyone would pay special attention to the opinions of somebody who gets paid to recite other people's words is a question for the ages.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Belief controls you. Knowledge gives you options.

Arrogance is the camouflage of insecurity.

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone. - Orson Welles

Entropy isn’t what it used to be.

“Don’t forget to breathe, very important.”

- Mr. Miyagi

DC55A75B-9BC1-45EB-B16A-BC6763E3078F.jpeg

Last edited:
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

TRUTH: The first casualty of tyranny.
TRUTH: The New hate speech

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

It’s not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can’t talk about it and I can’t talk about why. “Ocean’s 12”

It’s not possible to reason with unreasonable people. Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp)

Back