pet peeve omaha steaks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stymye

Reaction score
does anyone else have this pet peeve about junk mail?

I'm trying to cut down on the junk mail we recieve
I've gone thru the process and mailings thats supposed to cut down on junk mail and credit card offers, the credit card offers have basically dissapeared

I've asked omaha steaks to please quit sending us mailings a month ago ,, both my wife and I recieve them weekly it seems. they said it will take 12 weeks for it to stop.
because they are pre printed, now that summers here they have increased the mailings
why don't they just quit sending them ?

I can't imagine how many of these thick envelopes go into the trash daily around the country. they have the most mailing of any junk mail I have recieved by a large margin.

If I want to make an order I know where to find them. when we order a package for our parents at christmas time.

Haaahhaahahahaaaaaaa....

I LOVE IT !

It's borderline diabolic method of turning
tables, I know where most of my household
crap is gonna go....
:D

I speak from experience.
You don't need a box at all. Just use good ol' wood glue and glue the card
DIRECTLY to the brick!

It makes a better impression on the other end.:D

Evil Ed

I have a business reply permit and it is only good for the particular size of envelope that was paid for. For example. my BRM permit is only good for a #9 size envelope. So I'm wondering what happens when someone tapes a BRM envelope on top of a box. Technically speaking, they should refuse it. But I imagine it gets through because of incompetent postal service employees.

I have a P.O. Box that I use for my tenants and I don't have to check it more than once per month. The problem is that I get so much junk mail that it fills up every few days.

I've wanted to try something myself. I believe you can decline any sort of mail. What I wanted to do is provide the USPS with a blanket letter that declines all mail that is not first class. We get these DAILY advertising flyers and it would be great if hundreds of people declined them. The USPS would basically have to throw the junk mail away right off the pallet and it would never make it to the P.O. Box.

We get a few junk newspapers thrown in our yard every week. I found the address of the publisher and I collect them and throw dozens into his yard every few weeks.

You folks are evil. But it's like "Dogburt" or "Catburt" evil, so it's cool.

Does anyone even buy stuff from Omaha steaks they have high prices and who buys food online anyways? I guess people must for them to be in business but it just seems like a bad idea purchasing food online what if it gets delayed in the mail on a holiday?

I've heard of this type of 'retaliation' before, but instead of a brick (or text book or undies) you send them the junk they sent you. Or, send them the other crap you get in your mail box.. Basically, stuff their 'reply envelope' with other's junk mail, flyers, etc..

"what comes around, goes around"..

(And, I'm trying to picure steaks being sent sent in the mail.. )

One of the favorite forms of protests led by a local radio station out here is to bombard public officials with random objects related to whatever the news story is. For example, some of our political leaders in our state capitol were complaining about not having the money to build the border fence that we all voted to spend the money and install... The radio guys had their audience start sending bricks to their offices. Another one was when the Mayor of Los Angeles was speaking out in support of illegal immigrants. He made the statement, "We clean your toilets!" in part of his speech. Big mistake as he wound up with thousands of toilet brushes delivered to his office!

Anyway, it works. The political fall out from not only those stunts, but the other ones as well, was quite substantial and drew a lot more attention to the matter than what would have otherwise been given.

Want to really know the definition of torture. Somehow Omaha Steaks got our phone number - probably after we were stupid enough to put it on the purchase order blank when we bought a gift for someone.

It almost took death threats to make them stop calling.

Does anyone even buy stuff from Omaha steaks they have high prices and who buys food online anyways? I guess people must for them to be in business but it just seems like a bad idea purchasing food online what if it gets delayed in the mail on a holiday?

the food is vacume sealed and sent inside a very thick cooler with dry ice . the steaks are quite good but overpriced and the portions are small.
we get something from omaha steaks usually around christmas time from a couple of people. so we reciprocated the following year. however once you make an order the mail bombardment and phone calls begin and it dors not let up. It takes an act of congress to stop the hounding

The prepaid return mailer trick is pretty old. It goes back at least to the late '60s, when Abbie Hoffman included it in "Steal This Book". :cool:

I've heard of this type of 'retaliation' before, but instead of a brick (or text book or undies) you send them the junk they sent you. Or, send them the other crap you get in your mail box.. Basically, stuff their 'reply envelope' with other's junk mail, flyers, etc..

"what comes around, goes around"..

(And, I'm trying to picure steaks being sent sent in the mail.. )

That's what I often do.

the nerve... LOL

I still think it is too bad the No More AOL CD's thing never got finished. Dropping a million CDs on the front door of the CEO may have sent a message....

I like junk mail, It makes great compost material

now If i could work up to making a prtable recycling plant to crank out wood fiber hybrid fuel grains

Back