Opinions Wanted on New AeroTech Products

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by richalex2010
Same! I keep forgetting this type of thing (special kinds of propellant)... I'd be happy even with just a L1 sparky (or MPR)

I'd be perfectly happy if AT just came out with a Sparky load for L1 and maybe F and G reloads too.

I too would like to see an E9 sized casing and reloads, I would definately buy one.

I'd also like to see a sparky load but I'm not sure how well the plastic nozzles would stand up to the increased metal content.

I'd be interested in the HPR Black Max loads too.

I would love to see a purple propellant load, I would definately buy that.:D

12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors
18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors
13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
15. Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors
14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads
11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)
3. A Level-2 capable rocket kit
17. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
2. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'
1. RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware

Everything else is unimportant to me...

18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors

13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™

17. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware

15. Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors

14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads

and alittle out of my range but...
3. A Level-2 capable rocket kit-- would this have a high power form of the fin lock system?

talk of an H or I sparky? That would make my day

Originally posted by rabidsheeep

Talk of an H or I sparky? That would make my day

Now there's a couple of darn good ideas!!

A longer 24mm RMS for bigger loads.
H & I Sparky's!!!!

I believe whoever hits the market with a cost effective 38mm Sparky is going to be very busy making motors.....

Gary, how 'bout a Redline 29mm G for the Hobby Line Hardware
I think it's the 29/40-120.

...or a sparky G, single-use or reloadable for the 29mm hobby hardware.

Or a cluster kit with 4 24mm/29mm

Or a 2-stage kit with room/tips for electronics, mabye 29mm-29mm?

And make it an option to include the electronics, too! I just love making helpful suggestions :D

Top Choices (PLEEEEAAAAAASSEEE!!!):

2, 3, 7, 11, 15, 17, 18

Also very interested in (SWEET STUFF!):

3, 5, 6, 8, 13, 16

The rest sound VERY cool, but I wouldn't really have a use for them, myself.

Some really off-the-wall crazy fast or crazy slow motors would be sweet, too...the I435T, K1100T, and the I600R rock, but I could see crazier!! A new propellant or two wouldn't be too bad, either, and dare I say lower prices on the small stuff......?:D

Originally posted by flyr98
Mabye a S-L-O-W burn G...I'm talking 10-12 seconds!!!

What like a G16 with a 10 second burn time. Or how about an I64 with a 10 second burn time.

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
What like a G16 with a 10 second burn time. Or how about an I64 with a 10 second burn time.

The RC G12 already exists as well as the 10 second burn I65 :)

How about ones we can actually use in rockets without electronics? Like the G12, but in a standard size (not 32mm), and with an ejection charge? I would snap those up in a hurry.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
The RC G12 already exists as well as the 10 second burn I65 :)

Yea but the I65 is a 54mm motor and you have to use electronics. I want like a long burn 29mm G, H and I motors, and 38mm H and I long burn motors.

Gary, how 'bout a Redline 29mm G for the Hobby Line Hardware
I think it's the 29/40-120.

You have to stay up to date with the news by checking the AeroTech website more often. THe G77 Redline already has been around for quite a while for the 29/120 casing. Here's one of my rockets on one.

Originally posted by richalex2010
The G77 is for the 29/120 casing, NOT the hobby line hardware (29/40-120).

And all this time I was flying G77's on the 29/40-120 casing, thanks for clarifying that.

Originally posted by RocketboyG80
And all this time I was flying G77's on the 29/40-120 casing, thanks for clarifying that.

DO WUT?! That's a joke, right?

A little sarcasm there, as I said in my original post that the G77 is for the 29/120 casing. However I think some people may have overlooked that. I don't think it is physically possible to get the parts to a G77 to fit in a 29/40-120 casing, let alone get it to work. :rolleyes:

Whew, that's what I was hoping you would say. You're post on using the hobby case sounded so serious, I thought that in the first post you were assuming that the 29/120 case WAS the hobby case.

Originally posted by RocketboyG80
I don't think it is physically possible to get the parts to a G77 to fit in a 29/40-120 casing, let alone get it to work. :rolleyes:
Yep, that's what I thought. Your post sounded so serious, though, that I was thinking that someone might try it. Good response, btw, exactly what I was hoping you (or anyone else who could have made this comment) would say.

Anyone who has a G77 and 29/40-120 casing wanna try to fit it in there (but don't fly it--just assemble)?

I've got both the G77 and the G79, and made the case mistake at first- ended up buying the right case for the loads!

As for the fit: The delay won't go- the neoprene washer doesn't fit, etc etc. Also, the grains, while they fit (diameter-wise) don't quite seem to be the right length in the case.

Get the 29/120 case, and bingo- everything fits like it should! Like night and day....

:)

N

Gary, you should make more loads for the 29/120 case.
Mabye some longer burn loads.

Gary, you should make more loads for the 29/120 case.
Mabye some longer burn loads.

and for the 38/120 case while you're at it.;)

Heres what steams me up about G77s, the Redline AP burns too $#@% fast!!! :mad: I did not like this being that the loads are $11-$13 a shot. Good move putting FirstFires in there though :)

Heres what steams me up about G77s, the Redline AP burns too $#@% fast!!! :mad: I did not like this being that the loads are $11-$13 a shot. Good move putting FirstFires in there though :)
Redline is a fairly fast burning propellant by its nature and it took some effort to slow down the load so that it qualified as a model rocket motor (<80 N average). This opened up the availability to all adult customers instead of just certified NAR and Tripoli members. Also, longer burn usually means a smaller exhaust plume and I'm sure many would be unhappy about that. The 29/120 reloads are an excellent value compared to competing products and single-use motors.

In response to another comment, we will eventually release other reloads for this casing.

Originally posted by garoq
Redline is a fairly fast burning propellant by its nature and it took some effort to slow down the load so that it qualified as a model rocket motor (<80 N average).

Does that mean that you could release an "H" Redline load for the 29/120 case? That would be cool.

Latest posts

Back