Opinions Wanted on New AeroTech Products

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
I'd like your opinion on which of the following new and re-released AeroTech products you would be most interested in. I've numbered them in no particular order, but I would like you to arrange the numbers in the order of YOUR importance. The list includes products that are currently under development and scheduled for release this year, some that are under serious consideration for production and some that are a bit far-out and may not be practical for various reasons. Nevertheless, I am interested in your opinions and will definitely include them in our product development discussions. In the case of products that are currently under development or scheduled for re-release, it will help us to prioritize them. Of course, this is not a complete list as there are a number of projects that we consider "proprietary" and won't be announced or discussed in advance.

1. RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware
2. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'
3. A Level-2 capable rocket kit
4. Kosdon-by-AeroTech™ (KBA™) "classic" (Slow, Fast and Dirty Harry™) reloads and hardware
5. AeroTech propellant reloads for Kosdon hardware
6. AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
7. AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware
8. AeroTech propellant reloads for CTI hardware
9. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
10. RMS/Hybrid™ 98mm reloads and hardware
11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)
12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors
13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads
15. Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors
16. Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware
17. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors
19. Anything else that I haven't mentioned here

Thanks!

Well, anytime you release new or re-release stuff it has to be a good thing!:)
My list:

18. Anything else that I haven't mentioned here: LUR

13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™

14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads

These are my preferences are generally broken into groups, and not really prioritized within groups. I realize that from a wider marketing sense that some entries make not even be consistent (i.e. I'd like loads for Loki over AMW/CTI/Kosdon, simply because that's what I have.)

GROUP-A (drooling for)
18. LUR G motors

GROUP-B (I would buy)

GROUP-C (might buy)

GROUP-D (probably would never buy)

4. Kosdon-by-AeroTech™ (KBA™) "classic" (Slow, Fast and Dirty Harry™) reloads and hardware

Item 19: Single use engines same size as black powder engines C - D and E sizes (18 mm and 24 mm).

Thanks!

I would like to see the Hybrid line reborn. I think you have a good idea here and depending on how the BATFE case goes, some of us will have to switch to somebody's product out of necessity.
Reloads for CTI cases sounds interesting.

wick

GROUP-A (drooling for)
18. LUR G motors
18A Redline™ propellant LUR motors (as opposed to SU, item 15)

Your #18 would be my #1:

18. LUR G motors

except I would modify it to include DEF model rocket motors.

so when are you going to have RC LUR model rocket motors?

yes keep all grains to 30g so everything is usps shippable.....

Is there ANY hope of getting that 30g usps limit updated to at least 62.5g ? Or would that juts be too much hard work?

I mean whats the difference between shipping 2 30g grains versus shipping 1 62.5 grain or multiple 62.5 g with proper packaging? Thats mostly already all in place.

Gary, I would love to see the 54mm hybrid line again, with maybe even a few more loads. I have about a dozen left, have plenty of gas, but want those turbos!!!! Loved em since you sent me one to demo years ago!!!!

David J. Miller

How about these ideas:

Make a G Redline reloads for 29mm/40-120 reload casing.
Bring back the G55W ,D21T, H55W, H70W, H45W, and the I132W singe use motors.
Come with a new propellant like AW Green Gorilla.
Stop putting engine blocks and motor hooks in with rocket kits and make it so you can use bigger motors.
Make long burn reloads for 29-38mm high power RMS.
Make a low current igniter for clustering.
12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors.
Make all the single use engines you use to make for Apogee like the D3 and C4
Make a Blue Thunder G reload for the 29mm/40-120 reload casing.

Okay one last thing I've heard people having the cooling mesh getting plugged up with the little plastic caps from the ejection charges of the 29mm/40-120 reloading casing.

Also all the Aerotech kits are level-1 capable just got to kit bash it a little like leave out the motor hook, engine block, cooling mesh, and use a nomex heat shield.

Bring back the hybrid line, both the 54mm and the 98mm...There is quite the market for M capable Hybrids right now and until Contrail was recently certified, HyperTEK was cornering the market...

Hybrids all the way!!

Here is my prioritized list:

I especially loved the G110 from years back!

This would be cool

ANY reload that can be USPS shippable

As long as they are not too pricey

I don't have one but I'd like to get one! Hands down the easiest and cheapest to prep and fly IMO!

Not really, no storage, no BATFE

No, I prefer to scratch build

I'm already invested in Aerotech 24-54mm hardware. How would this be approved?

Not yet, maybe in the future

No, not interested

Definitely long burn motors for 29-54mm hardware
New style delay kits (including everything you need) to convert "older style" RMS reloads already on hand
Making delay grains really smokey for tracking (I realize this is not possible without messing with the different propellant effects but, a thought none the less)
Has the Rocketman retainment system (aft enclosures) been approved by Aerotech?

That's all I can think of for now...

Thanks for asking!

-tz

Gosh, this is like making out a Christmas list and then waiting to see if Santa decided that you were good or not....

I'm dyin' for these. I've told Ken Allen that as soon as these come out and he gets some he'll get a significant order from me. I am particularly after the 32mm reloads, and more particularly the G12 reload. But I'll buy the 24mm RC reloads, too.

WHOO-HOO.... I see a lot of great possibilities here. Maybe something close to a full F here? And.... Something like a full F impulse with specs like an F12 that I could use in my T25 Centurian boost glider would be awesome.

Hybrids are something I have been working with, so these are of definite interest to me.

I reversed the orders of these, as I have more CTI hardware. I have the full set of 38mm CTI hardware.

These are intriguing to me. They would be even more intriguing if they had RC type reloads.

Thanks for this opportunity. This is really cool.

It would be super cool if you could let us know your decisions and timeframes for the release of some of these products.

Reintroducs the C4, C6 and C12 reloads for the RMS 18/20. Include three nozzles for the three pack.

Introduce FJ loads for the RMS 29/60, 100, 120 motors

Introduce a BJ and BT load for the RMS 29/360

I am all for more Kosdon by Aerotech loads. Currently all I have for my 640 case is a Kosdon I130 and a Dirty Harry grain (don't know what it is, but I call it the I130DH)

New Aerotech kits (I have some ideas if you like some input ^^)

Any interest in doing a sparky load :D

My list is based on my flying habits, and is in order of importance to me.

19. Like Doug said, some sparky propellant would be nice:D

14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder

It's great to see Aerotech utilize this board in this way. I am sure you will get a lot of valuable feedback. Here is my short list -

19. New and improved igniters

Best regards,
Brian

Gary, thanks for asking!!

things I want

- easy to use hybrids, both 54mm and 98mm
- more kits, including MPR and L1 and L2 capable
- more variety in 18mm loads

things I would buy
- LURs,
- SU HPR motors,
- different propellants (redline) for 18/24/29mm.

not interested in AT loads for other motor systems. interesting idea though!!

I'll vote for:

You see, I've built all the current kits (Some of them 2 or 3 times. One particular kit I've built over a dozen times :D).

While not a product, wider distribution and availability would be appreciated.

Myself, I have to vote for the LUR idea

If they are only going to be available for G motors, so be it.
It sure would be nice to see a similar product for F or even E or D motors.

Credit Card Standing By

If I Had the Money

Nice, but No Need Right Now

Why?

18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors I'm curious where is the market for this one?

My preferences,

11 Non-standard E-G motors. An 18mm full E like the E45 but White Lightning for lower thrust. G55 and especially G110 24 mm motors.

16, 17 Blue Thunder 75 mm, Black Max high power reloads.

19. C slot Blue Thunder for the 54/1280 and 54/1706 cases.

Originally posted by garoq
I'd like your opinion on which of the following new and re-released AeroTech products you would be most interested in.

First, I'm willing to bet you're already aware that what people would like to see is usually very different from what they're willing to buy. I'd rather see fewer things more available for cheaper than more stuff considered cool but which sell less and so keep all prices up.

Second, I doubt most motor sales are according to propellant type. I suspect most people buy motors according to power and profile, and if they happen to come as a particular propellant type, they buy that. Similar to the first statement, propellant type is more an interest point than a selling point. I think it'd be far more useful to have a wider range of delays than a wider range of propellant types. Propellant type doesn't restrict your motor choices. Oh, and submit more motors for NAR contest certification.

This one is separate because it's of a different nature than the rest. It's not as directly actionable as the others but to my mind is more important in the long run: Estes pretty much built the hobby by offering, as much as kits, parts for the scratch builder. AT does this, but doesn't emphasize it, doesn't make it easy, appears to offer them as replacement parts for the kits, and they're quite expensive. This is in contrast to the vendors who offer kits, but focus more on supplying parts. Doing this is important to the hobby. AT is better placed than the others to control the direction and expansion of the hobby. I think making scratch building with AT parts easier would benefit the hobby and AT in the long run. A few parts that catered to the scratch builder (for instance, slotted tail cones) would be nice, and you could create new kits with these.

These are prioritized:

These are all priority zero for me and so aren't sorted:

For me it would have to be these two. I fly the heck out of my 29/40-120 case as a matter of fact I have four of them. The more motor selection for this case the better it already is the most versital on the market.

All my HPR is done with CTI, when I was getting into HPR AT reloads were hard to find or nonexistent, so my money went to CTI. I would love to buy AT reloads for my Pro38 cases. For bigger size motors when I do buy them they will be Loki. The reasons for this are that I can use them for EX as well as Loki reloads and I like the dual use.

Scott

For me it would have to be these two. I fly the heck out of my 29/40-120 case as a matter of fact I have four of them. The more motor selection for this case the better it already is the most versital on the market.

All my HPR is done with CTI, when I was getting into HPR AT reloads were hard to find or nonexistent, so my money went to CTI. I would love to buy AT reloads for my Pro38 cases. For bigger size motors when I do buy them they will be Loki. The reasons for this are that I can use them for EX as well as Loki reloads and I like the dual use.

Scott

Things I would buy:
12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors.

Things that I want that I would buy:
Make a G Redline reloads for 29mm/40-120 reload casing.
Bring back the G55W ,D21T, H55W, H70W, H45W, and the I132W singe use motors.
Make long burn reloads for 29-38mm high power RMS.
Make a low current igniter for clustering.
Make all the single use engines you use to make for Apogee like the D3 and C4
Make a Blue Thunder G reload for the 29mm/40-120 reload casing.

Things that should be changed:
Make the delay grain smoke black so its easier to track when there is a bunch of cloud cover.
START PUTTING FIRST FIRE JR. IGNITERS WITH ALL 18, 24, 29MM RELOADS INSTEAD OF COPPERHEAD IGNITERS

9) RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
13) USPS-mailable 30g F reloads
15) S/U Redlines
18) LUR model rocket motors

*Especially* the LUR motors. This is a terrific idea and will fit well within my budget and flying needs. Traditional RMS is nice, but anything that can shorten "turn times" between flights is a good thing.

Also I'd really like to see the 54mm hybrids. The ability to pre-fill a flight tank and also use the motor casing for AP loads sounds good. When I'm able to spend that kind of $$ I'd still like to get the most utility out of my gear.

18mm D's, that's what is needed for the low power flyer for all these underpowered Estes birds. I have heard Quest will be coming out with these in late summer, but I'll believe it when I see it...

Glenn

Gary,

Thanks for being interested in what we want..

Me i'm happy as a clam with what you currently offer.. i will buy motors based on propellant type... i love white lightning..

On another note..

I'm doing my L3 flight with a CTI M1400.. reason..?? the particular vendor loans out hardware for free if you buy the reload from him..

My preference would be an AT M1315 for this flight allthough i like both motors.. the CTI and the AT..

Work something out with the vendors so they can afford to have... or give them.. casings that they can loan out for free or for very minimal charge..

If I had a vendor available at the launches i was at that would lend me the motor casing for free to fly an M1315 I would be flying one..

I have to pay for the casing if it's lost.. but it's an easier plan for me to borrow one from the vendor.. hence it increases his sale of reloads.. i've done this a couple times with this vendor now..

Thanks for listening....

Well apart from what Hokkyokusei said, in the UK I could see the following being of interest (ordered in my personal order or preference):

In no particular order:

* LUR motors. (This would allow me to try AP clustering without the expense of having to by "permanent" reusable casings. :p )
* Reloads for CTI hardware.
* BlackMax propellant for 29-98mm hardware.
* Slow burning propellant for 29-38mm hardware.

Thank you for asking for our feedback. ALL of the other proposed ideas have a level of appeal to me as well (as I may not be interested in actually owning/purchasing/using but certainly wouldn't mind seeing as a spectator!) and I look forward to you (re)introducing them back into the hobby.

Latest posts

Back