Opinions Wanted on New AeroTech Products

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your comments so far...keep 'em coming! I know some of you have asked various questions, I will attempt to answer them in a single post in the next few days.

Favorites:
18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors
2. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'
15. Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors
(And how about LUR Redlines?)

Interested in:
17. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads

Maybe interested in:
6. AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
7. AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware

As Hokky and Andy have said - ANY AP in the UK!!!! The UK market is being killed by increased regulation and NO Aerotech for the past several years.

My priorities would be:

Any and all reloads for the existing 24/40 and 29/40-120 hobby cases.

14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads - what reloads would you be producing - Fast burn full F's? This would need to have reloads radically different (or cheaper) than those available in the current 24 and 29mm hobby cases.

8. AeroTech propellant reloads for CTI hardware - I own 38mm CTI hardware because of post-fire availability - as do many UK fliers - I doubt I would buy equivalent Aerotech hardware but would like choice of propellant.

18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors - if the thrust profile is significantly different from RMS motors. I would also be interested in them for clustering/staging if a decent reliable low current igniter is supplied (or at least available)

19. Anything else that I haven't mentioned here

- Low current igniters - I love the reliability of Pro38 igniters but would like to fly 29mm clusters/staged at an affordable price.

- Classification of hobby RMS and SU motors as being licence/storage exempt in the UK. Licencing will be a major deterrent for BP fliers to move onto AP propellants - there is currently no distinction between an 18mm D reload and a 98mm M reload - both involve a lot of paperwork and expense to buy and/or store. The UK really needs the equivalent of easy access.

All of the above are things I would buy if they were available in the UK. Please can you get the CE marking sorted and motors available in the UK - there are a lot of fliers itching to fly Aerotech. We have money to burn over here and currently NONE of it is going to Aerotech!!!

Number one on my hit parade:
1. RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware

Followed closely by:
9. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm and 98mm reloads and hardware
13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads

Trailing behind but still in the hunt:

Love to see the 18mm line of RMS come back with B, C and D loads.

I am not really into HPR at this point, so most would not apply to me. But, what I would want is Redline loads for the smaller RMS casings (like the 24/40 casing), and some MPR kits, and some more propellant chouces for the smaller motors would be nice as well. Also, SU 13 and 18mm motors would be welcome (of all propellant formulas). More propellant types would also be nice (prefferably for the smaller motors, but I think that many HPR people would like different kinds. Also, this with delay grains, with the standard ones, and then ones with black or colored smoke). Finally, a "special" propellant grain (or sets of them) for RMS casings that combine the kinds of propellant (like starting with BT, then WL in mid flight, and blackjack or blackmax at the top of the burn. This would go in increasing visibility, to make a special, high performance and high visibility motor.

-Jake

I agree with Jake I think there should be more propellant tpyes. One propellant type I would like to really see is one Like Animal Works Green Gorilla. Animal Works motors aren't certified for use in California so I can't use then once I turn 18 for my Level 2 flight. So I would really like to see a new propellant like that.

Also one more thing I brought it up in an earlier post but no one really seem to see it was people alway complain about copperhead igniter including myself so I thought you should stop making them and start putting First Fire Jr. Ingiters with all the 18, 24, 29mm reloads.

And one more thing:
Are Animal Motor Works reloads compatible with other manufacturers hardware?

Simple question, not so simple answer;

All Animal Motor Works 75mm reload kits are compatible with Kosdon East 75mm hardware. The 54mm 1750 reloads are also compatible with 54mm 1750 hardware by Kosdon East. Hardware manufactured by Kosdon Enterprises may be compatible, but due to lack of manufacturing standardization by Kosdon Enterprises, AMW can not guarantee the reloads will work. If you have old Kosdon Enterprises hardware and are unsure have it checked by an authorized dealer, or AMW at the next launch. Kosdon by Aerotech™ has never produced the current AMW certified hardware, and therefore reloads are not compatible. Animal Motor Works reloads are NOT compatible with any hardware that screws together. AMW provides no warranty of any kind for reloads used in non AMW or Kosdon East hardware. (Sorry, The lawyers made me type the last sentence.)

I also thought I should bring this up too. Got it from them the Animal Motor Works web site.

Gary From my perspective they all have merit. In terms of what would sell in my part of the business.

I rated them as low / med / high and VERY high.

2 issues clearly should move to the head of the pack in my opinion.

hazmat fees are a major obstacle and sales would increase instantly if this obstacle was removed. In particular for the 38mm loads.. [ IT can be done ] Jeff Taylor and I discussed this at length and that's how the LOKI H144 and I405 came to be. They are both legal to ship via the USPS. NO hazmat fee. If I am not mistaken they are the ONLY 38mm motors that can ship via the post office.

HW cross compatability is another major issue in the industry,
make a load that can fly in more than one companies HW and you just boosted sales and customer loyalty.

LOW 1. RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware
HIGH 2. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'
MED 3. A Level-2 capable rocket kit
LOW 4. Kosdon-by-AeroTech™ (KBA™) "classic" (Slow, Fast and MED Dirty Harry™) reloads and hardware
VERY HIGH 5. AeroTech propellant reloads for Kosdon hardware
VERY HIGH 6. AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
VERY HIGH 7. AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware
VERY HIGH 8. AeroTech propellant reloads for CTI hardware
LOW 9. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
LOW 10. RMS/Hybrid™ 98mm reloads and hardware
HIGH 11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)
MED 12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors
VERY HIGH 13. USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
LOW 14. A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads
VERY HIGH 15. Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors
MED 16. Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware
MED 17. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
MED 18. Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors

YES an adjustable delay system for ALL Aerotech reloads...
While there is a sales benefit in multiple sales, and selling a flier more than they really need, it does grate on people when they have to by 3 delays and only need one... and then get to save the one they did not need or toss it... some dealers split up the packs... some do not... I do not its hard enough keeping track of stock... w/o getting into partial bags....

Originally posted by garoq

0 RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware
0 Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'
0 A Level-2 capable rocket kit
0 Kosdon-by-AeroTech™ (KBA™) "classic" (Slow, Fast and Dirty Harry™) reloads and hardware
0 AeroTech propellant reloads for Kosdon hardware
1 AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
0 AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware
0 AeroTech propellant reloads for CTI hardware
0 RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
0 RMS/Hybrid™ 98mm reloads and hardware
3 Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)
6 Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors
4 USPS-mailable 30 gram 'F' reloads for the 29/40-120 hardware analogous to the F20W Econojet™
5 A new case for the RMS-24/40 motor the same length as a black powder 'E' (3.75") and reloads
2 Redline™ propellant single-use model rocket motors
0 Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware
7 Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
8 Limited-Use Reloadable (LUR™) model rocket motors
Anything else that I haven't mentioned here

Thanks!

If I put it as "0", just means its not something I not be very interested in. I'm not going to nitpick through twenty choices and number em all. ;)

There are a lot of very good ideas in that list, though. I'm particularly interested in the AT loads for AMW and the SU Redlines... I'd definetly go for a few of those...:cool:

Most want:

2. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K' (yeah baby, yeah!)

11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors

8. AeroTech propellant reloads for CTI hardware

(the latter with long burn, full newton/sec per class loads. If the cases can take the heat...).

(if you can get max n/s (80?) out of it):D

AND: other options for the 29/360 case that are long burn
(like a max H with a 3-4 sec. burn)....

also, ALL LONG BURN MOTORS

12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors:

A 2.6 Dia. V2 and 4.0 Dia. V2 !!! What do you guys think of this?

Bill

Gary, here's my list:

Redline E F reloads
3. A Level-2 capable rocket kit
12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors

I'd like your opinion on which of the following new and re-released AeroTech products you would be most interested in. I've numbered them in no particular order, but I would like you to arrange the numbers in the order of YOUR importance.

19. Anything else that I haven't mentioned here.

I'd love to see a slower burning, non-BJ load for the 29/180 and the 29/240 hardware. Something in the 40-90ns range for average thrust, with a visible flame instead of black smoke.

I'm very interested in this! Anything to make 29mm G40s and G80s affordable again.

I might be interested if the average thrust isn't too high and the price was comparable to Ellis' motors.

I'd be interested in that, since I have Pro38 hardware. Would be cool to be able to use them with White Lightning propellent.

9. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware

Not sure. Of all the hybrid systems, yours was the one best suited to my type of rocketry. I like the fact that the tanks could be pre-loaded and that no special GSE was needed -- that's a big plus. On the other hand, in the past there was very limited selection (just a 54mm J motor, IIRC).

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin

Not sure. Of all the hybrid systems, yours was the one best suited to my type of rocketry. I like the fact that the tanks could be pre-loaded and that no special GSE was needed -- that's a big plus. On the other hand, in the past there was very limited selection (just a 54mm J motor, IIRC).

Exactly. No funky valves, a little scale, a tank, and a little fun, and that was it. I have had all the GSE I have needed for years, and the AT Hybrids suited my style of flying. I really want to see at least all the old loads before I burn the last of mine.

New kits in the E - G engine size. I actually really like the military scale or near-scale kits and the best makers of these (in terms of offerings and realism) are going under (scale kits) or are difficult to find / have varying supplies (the launch pad). It would be great to have aerotech quality and flight confidence in the military scale/semi-scale arena.

Here are the things I would buy.

11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)

I'd like your opinion on which of the following new and re-released AeroTech products you would be most interested in.
I am still in the LPR/MPR range. I do not own any reloadable motor hardware, so I am mostly interested in single-use motors.
I would be very interested in buying these if they were available now:

A) Tweak the propellant weight of the Econojet F23-FJ so that it is USPS mailable.
B) Better yet, offer a mailable single-use black-jack propellant in the same 24mm casing as the F21W.
C) Make an 18mm D engine for the overweight plastic kits that Estes is so fond of producing lately.

-------------------------------
If I moved up the power curve just a little, this is what I would be interested in buying next:

11. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)

---------------------------
Kits: My pile of unbuilt kits is already overflowing, so I would hold off on buying these:
12. Additional AeroTech rocket kits for 'E' through 'G' power motors

-----------------------------------
High Power Reloads: I do not own any reloadable hardware from any manufacturer, so these hold no appeal for me:
4. Kosdon-by-AeroTech™ (KBA™) "classic" (Slow, Fast and Dirty Harry™) reloads and hardware
5. AeroTech propellant reloads for Kosdon hardware
6. AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
7. AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware
9. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
10. RMS/Hybrid™ 98mm reloads and hardware
16. Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware

1. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
2. Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware
3. RMS-R/C™ reloads and hardware
4. Non-standard model rocket single-use motors (like the G25W, G125T and G55W)
5. Single-use high power motors 'H' through 'K'

While I still have a good supply of the 'regular' hybrid reloads, I really like the J260 and am eagerly awaiting its return.

High Power (PAD's) H-K would be nice for those who are not in the position to get a LEUP

Some L1 SU motors for the few of us without relaod hardware... but rockets to fly them on!

And some new kits! When is the last time you guys came out with a new kit?

Contract out Shrox to make you guys a design!

Maybe a few more kits for the 4 sec delay 29mm motors that I have a ton of!

1. Blue Thunder load (and possibly Black Jack load) for the 29/360 casing

2. Blue Thunder load for the new 29/120 casing

3. LUR motors

4. Non-Standard SU motors

Black Max for all HPR cases
Blue thunder for 75mm
Single use H-K
Reloads for CTI cases
Blue thunder, black jack, and black max for 29/360
Nonstandard SU motors
Black Jack 54-75 and 38/720 and 38/1080

1. Blue Thunder™ reloads for 75mm RMS™ hardware
2. Black Max™ reloads for 29-98mm high power RMS™ hardware
3. RMS/Hybrid™ 54mm reloads and hardware
4. RMS/Hybrid™ 98mm reloads and hardware
5. AeroTech propellant reloads for AMW hardware
6. AeroTech propellant reloads for Loki hardware
Other:
RedLine for 24/40 & 29/40-120
Redline for 29/100
Full supply of Redline in EVERYTHING!!!
Fast Black for 24/40 & 29/40-120

Good Luck & Thanks for asking

Originally posted by cls
what would that be, like L5000? woo-hoo, shred machine!!
Probably more like L2500T, ~2 second burn.

Just saw this...

First of all, anything you can get into the UK!

Just a few thoughts...

Blue Thunder load for the 54/2560 casing?

54mm Baby (or even better full) L motor?

Long-burn 54mm full K.

Long-burn 38's would be cool too.

I'll bet as/when AT becomes available over here again, you'll see a huge rush of sales. I know I'll have my name down for some Blue Thunder!

Originally posted by nialloswald
Just saw this...
Blue Thunder load for the 54/2560 casing?
54mm Baby (or even better full) L motor?
Long-burn 54mm full K.
Long-burn 38's would be cool too.

There is a K1275 Redline for the 54/2560 case. I doubt Blue Thunder would be much higher. It isn't in the longer smaller motors. Compare the H210R and the H220T in the 29/240 case. Notice there are no Blue thunder loads for the longer cases (29/360, 38/720, 38/1080, 98/15360).

A motor longer than the K700 would be pushing the Aerotech design. Reliability would probably suffer.

Try a K250 - 10 second White Lightning burn:
https://www.tripolisc.org/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album48/aad.mpg

I agree. I like long burns also. I make EX loads for the 38's that burn 7 seconds, the load for the 38/720 comes out as an I85. Here's the thrust curve:

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
There is a K1275 Redline for the 54/2560 case. I doubt Blue Thunder would be much higher. It isn't in the longer smaller motors. Compare the H210R and the H220T in the 29/240 case. Notice there are no Blue thunder loads for the longer cases (29/360, 38/720, 38/1080, 98/15360).
There is the N4800T however.

I know a few people who are itching for a K1275R! I'd heard that there were issues with getting BT to work in the long case, I'm sure Gary can confirm/deny. I've seen some references to an older AT BT L1500 (54mm), any idea what that was?

For whatever reason AT SU HPR stuff has never been available over here. Again, I know many people who would snap up K250W's if they did become available. At least one person built a rocket to take to the US to fly on that motor. I personally would love to see one, I've seen the video of the current K altitude holder's flight and the stuff the Gates Brothers did with them - awesome motors.

I agree. I like long burns also. I make EX loads for the 38's that burn 7 seconds, the load for the 38/720 comes out as an I85. Here's the thrust curve: [/B]
That's pretty cool. I can understand why in 38mm motors high thrust is probably a safer bet, in terms of selling motors, but for lightweight rockets/altitude attempts/general nice flights a longer burn would be nice. I gather AT used to make an SU I132, looks like another nice motor.

We need bigger Single Use Motors and we need wotors leike the G125!!!

Back