Not your average Mean machine build thread (sidekick)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Fortunately I have a friend who can make me the rings that join the 2 sides together. I sent him some dimensions to draw in cad and laser cut them for me. I plan on putting the launch rod right down the middle of the 2 body tubes.

Attachments

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I felt the fins in the kit were a bit undersized and didn't care for the shape either. I used some of the balsa from around the fins to add some on. I like the way these look a lot better.

Attachments

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to put the lowest ring right were the motor mount ring is. After that I put on the fins and brought down the 2nd ring right on top of the fins.

Attachments

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
Reaction score
This is awesome! I built a regular sized one a couple of weeks ago and thought it was cool, This one is very cool.
Please post a launch video when you fly it.

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Now I need to decide on the colors to paint it.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
You reqlly took my suggestion and ran!
Where will you get a 2nd nosecone?

Also, using the stock mean machine fins (even with your additions) looks a little small to be effective for this much shorter rocket

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You reqlly took my suggestion and ran!
Where will you get a 2nd nosecone?

Also, using the stock mean machine fins (even with your additions) looks a little small to be effective for this much shorter rocket
Sirius Rocketry had some single Estes ones that I ordered.

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I did not have a launch controller for dual engines so I supported my lhs and picked up this guy. I have plenty of 3 cell lipos for my rc planes so I put one of those in for power.

Attachments

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Fantastic!

Any luck simulating it for stability and motor delay?
I was able to do a single tube simulation and it looked great. Still can't figure out how to do dual tubes on rocsim.

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
Reaction score
I think rocsim can do the double things, Im qilling to bet it has to do with Pods

If i was doing it in OpenRocket, Id make a tube with the same cross sectional area as the two tubes, cluster mount, and override the mass to match

bobbyg23

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I think rocsim can do the double things, Im qilling to bet it has to do with Pods

If i was doing it in OpenRocket, Id make a tube with the same cross sectional area as the two tubes, cluster mount, and override the mass to match
I tried it with a pod but couldn't get the pod to move up to the same height as the main tube. I ran it anyway and it went well. I am not at my computer but I think the double went 100 ft higher at around 470ft?

GlenP

Reaction score
Now it’s a party! Only thing better than low and slow, is low, and slow, and loud! More better! Cluster goodness! You just need a double barrel display stand for that thing.

Latest posts