NERRF Has Started!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, I almost feel like your Sudden Rush was one of my own... I hope all will be well... my Sudden Rush went over a mile high Saturday afternoon. (succesful L2!) Unfortunately, I landed my Phoenix in a ditch Sunday morning, and after getting completely muddy, I left the launch area before your CATO. Looks like yours "blew up real good!" Sorry about that...

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I plan to have her restored for the CTRA invitational on Sept 10th.

I hope to see you and your rebuilt "BAR" there!!!!

Good Luck

No condolences necessary!

This is what makes it fun...

Now I get to build it all over

Oh honey, I need a fresh credit card.....this one seems used up

I'll fly it at CTRA and then (insert evil laugh) I like to try a flight at the October METRA launch on one of Tim Hetland's J800 Blue Diablo's. Those are the bright blue wicked fast ones that came off the away cell @ NERRF.

I think he has 2. Feeling like a drag race? I'm figuring on 866mph or Mach 1.1 to about 8,000'

Only thing is I'm seriously concerned about QT and it's ability to withstand that stress.

If I chicken out, it will be a Loki J528 at CTRA and then the J370GG @ METRA

Get it fixed Al, we can drag race at the invitational. Heck I might even paint my ugly beast, nah, but I'll put on new electrical tape stripes....
Now that mine has the hole punched into it from the nosecone slamming into it (covered with silver duct tape) it's only a matter of time til I overstress the rest of it and destroy it.

Knave!

Consider the gauntlet thwown!

Chose your weapon....

BTW I also bought a Quantum Leap 3000 from Bobby. I hope to have it done in time. I got the PML timer. I was thinking first flight will be something like H144 to H97J.

P.S. See your PM.

Great, we can drag on the QuantumLeap as well. Last flight on my original QL3K was on a Pro38 5 grain to a 4grain. I scored a double. The booster hung in one tree (which was recovered) the sustainer was strung between two trees about 80 feet up in the middle of a swamp at Pine Plains. It's still there. I think the squirrels made a nice home out of it.

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy

< snip > regarding NERRF

Chuck

Chuck,

Any updates on availability timeline for the NERRF video / DVD ?

Anxiously awaiting, as I have yet to find anyone with photos of our Rattler flight ( even though many took both static and flight pics :-(

~ AL Swackhammer

Just for the records...

NERRF utilizes the METRA field. METRA welcomes all flyers, especially those with the bug :p for bigger rockets. We fly every month from April through November. This year we will also host a fund-raising members only launch in December.

Come on out and join us. Then you'll be well prepared for next years NERRF launch.

:cool:

Originally posted by Green Dragon
Chuck,

Any updates on availability timeline for the NERRF video / DVD ?

Anxiously awaiting, as I have yet to find anyone with photos of our Rattler flight ( even though many took both static and flight pics :-(

~ AL Swackhammer

please describe the rocket, i'll look through my photos for it.

Originally posted by Adam Selene
please describe the rocket, i'll look through my photos for it.

sure thing :)

It's an upscale of am early 90's E2X kit, the Rattler 7 .

Basically it's 8.25" dia and transitions in to 4" partway up, sort of a cream / almond color with green fin can,transition and nose.

flew late Saturday , either next to last rack, or the second to last ( we were recovering it when the Skidmark went up ) .

if you ( or anyone) has pics, would love to have / see em :)

Chuck already mentioned he does have footage and it will be in his DVD which is great news, but has me inpatiently waiting, lol

~ AL Swackhammer

my NERRF pics have been moved to an off line drive. i'll check them when i get a chance to connect it.

Adam, ( or anyone, lol )

ANy luck finding the pics of this bird ?

or did not have a chance to look em up yet.

thanks for the effort,either way, I know how it goes ( and still waiting for Chuck's dvd, hopefully out soon ?

* anyupdate on the dvd appreciated, * grin *

~ AL

No problem - thanks in advance.

was just curuious since it's been a couple weeks - no need to explain 'busy' , lol... been there,done that .

carry on :)

~ AL

Originally posted by bobbyb
OK everybody Email CHUCK RUDY RIGHT NOW " WE WANT NERRF " " WE WANT NERRF "

This way he will have the DVD ready for the fall Christmas shopping season.

Chuck, Who needs Sleep...... Coffee Black... keep going...:eek:

Regards
Bobby B

I think it is now officially the Christmas shopping season!!!!

Just tell me where to buy the DVD so I can get it on my wife's shopping list!! :)

Chuck sent this out in an e-mail

It's a teaser of the NERRF video. From what he posted on RMR it won't be available until mid January.

https://homepage.mac.com/wesrudy/NERRF2005Calm.mov

THIS IS QUICKTIME 7!!!! If you don't know that you have it you probably need an update. I will endeavor to get it to QT6 in the next c ouple nights.
Watch here, as I will post an updated file for 6 here:

https://newtons3rdrocketry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=355

Back