NERRF-7 is June 24, 25, 26 at Pine Island, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is a specific shirt that you want to get at NERRF this year let me know what design and size so I make certain to have it onsite for you!

Is there going to be an official "NERRF-7" T-shirt sold this year? If so, where do we pre-order?

It is looking like we will not be going this year. My son is racing karts this year and is doing very well and he does want to miss that weekends race to stay in the points lead. Hopefully next year we will make it. Fly a couple for me.

THREE WEEKS UNTIL NERRF !!!! :D

The volunteer roster is looking a bit thin...
Come on folks, the launch is run by ALL OF US rocket flyers for each other...it only works when EVERYONE pitches in.

***Go sign up now for a shift or two to help those who help YOU fly.***

THREE WEEKS UNTIL NERRF !!!! :D

The volunteer roster is looking a bit thin...
Come on folks, the launch is run by ALL OF US rocket flyers for each other...it only works when EVERYONE pitches in.

***Go sign up now for a shift or two to help those who help YOU fly.***

OK Everyone

Repeat after me

Greg - build the freaking Gizmo you putz!

It is looking like we will not be going this year. My son is racing karts this year and is doing very well and he does want to miss that weekends race to stay in the points lead. Hopefully next year we will make it. Fly a couple for me.

We missed you at Red Glare, now NERRF! Well thats life, good luck to your son!

I'll be there. If anyone is in need of some Blue-Tube, LPR rockets and LPR motors look me up at the field. 20% or more off all items.

Shirts look great this year. Updated for NERRF 7

Pre order your shirts. The order has to go in to the printer by June 13. Pre order NOW, please....

so, I've gotten no messages, I guess nobody is interested in a rocketTshirt?

Question for you guys with dslrs and zoom lenses, what is the optimal focal lenth to the pads?

thanks, bob

100-300 covers all the pads quite nicely - I fly there all the time and take tons of pictures.

100-300 covers all the pads quite nicely - I fly there all the time and take tons of pictures.

thanks, is the 70 200 2.8 is too short? I was gonna rent one but maybe Ill get the 100-400 5.6l not quite as fast but more range

It is a little, but can get the job done if you aren't shooting just the away cell.....

This was taken with the 70-200 F/2.8L IS

METRAHPPads.JPG

Look here from other shots with this lens from our regular June launch:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=203899&postcount=8

JD

thanks, is the 70 200 2.8 is too short? I was gonna rent one but maybe Ill get the 100-400 5.6l not quite as fast but more range

Last edited:
yeah, Al I knew that, surprised no one else has requested anything. making me a little nervous.

you never want to shoot rockets at anything larger than 5.6 anyway, I'd go with the 100-400. I use an 80-400.

thanks! great info guys! now lets hope we get some nice calm weather.

I replenished the motor stockpile for NERRF. I have two 6000M motors - one white, one purple. They will keep my 8" rocket under 5500 ft. If for any reason we have trouble getting a high altitude window, I can fly the smaller M motors. I also have a bunch of K motors for my 4" rocket - also around 5K. I just finished a batch of smoke grains so we will see how they work out. If the weather cooperates I have a few L motors and several 10,000ns M motors. No way I will fly all these ... but I will sure try.

Dan

I hope to do my L2 at NERRF, but I can only attend on Friday. The web site indicates cert flights will be Sat & Sun. I'm hoping to get approval to do it Friday.

I will be visiting friends right in the area while en route to a family function on LI that weekend, and I may try to sneak over to NERFF one day. Darn trouble is that it is at the end of the month, when the needle for my bank balance is on E. :( But I'd like to finally make it to one, even if I can't afford to fly much of anything.

One week to go. There are 70 people pre-registered for NERRF. Many more will register at the field. Check out some of the Featured Projects:

https://nerrf.org/FeaturedProjects/FeaturedProjects.htm

If you have a project you want to highlight send an email to [email protected] with "Featured Project' as the subject. In the email, include your name, a description of your project and an image and it will get posted.

Dan

Latest posts

Back