NERRF-7 is June 24, 25, 26 at Pine Island, NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the placement of the away cells for NERRF. When I went to a regular METRA launch for the first time, I was like, "what the...." when I saw where the away cell was placed. If we were to fly an N, couldn't we place another away cell further out to the left of the trees where it is clear or no?

The other problem is the wind...
Some times the wind will blow in an unfavorable direction putting people in harms way.

JD

I like the placement of the away cells for NERRF. When I went to a regular METRA launch for the first time, I was like, "what the...." when I saw where the away cell was placed. If we were to fly an N, couldn't we place another away cell further out to the left of the trees where it is clear or no?

I plan on flying my 8" Performance Rocketry Mad Max 8. I have a few large EX motors (e.g., 5 grain 98mm - 100%M) that I stockpiled for NERRF. Here is a shot of a white motor from Red Glare X. I know I have another white, a red and at least one purple. Not sure how many I will fly ... hopefully at least 2.

IMG_0665.jpg

These flights typically go to about 8500ft. Not bad for a 71lb rocket. According to the ARTS data, the motor in the picture was an M2478, 4.03 second burn, Total Impulse 9985ns, Max Thrust 3502N (787 pounds).

What are you bringing to NERRF-7 ?

Dan

Last edited:
I plan on flying my 8" Performance Rocketry Mad Max 8. I have a few large EX motors (e.g., 5 grain 98mm - 100%M) that I stockpiled for NERRF. Here is a shot of a white motor from Red Glare X. I know I have another white, a red and at least one purple. Not sure how many I will fly ... hopefully at least 2.

View attachment 46551

These flights typically go to about 8500ft. Not bad for a 71lb rocket. According the ARTS data the motor in the picture was an M2478, 4.03 second burn, Total Impulse 9985ns, Max Thrust 3502N (787 pounds).

What are you bringing to NERRF 7 ?

Dan

That sounds like a couple awesome flights.

I am going to start NERRF 7 slow on Friday. I am looking to put up my Lil Nuke on a F27-8R, my Nuke Pro Maxx on a G61-10W, and my Predator Jr. on a H123 Skidmark.

Saturday is going to be the big day for me, where I am looking to go for my L3with my Big Nuke 3E on a M1500G, and then fly my Big Nuke on a K550.

Sunday I will put the Predator Jr. up again on a I161W, and my EZI-65 on a J275W

Last edited:
That sounds like a couple awesome flights.

I am going to start NERRF 7 slow on Friday. I am looking to put up my Lil Nuke on a F27-8R, my Nuke Pro Maxx on a G61-10W, and my Predator Jr. on a H123 Skidmark.

Saturday is going to be the big day for me, where I am looking to go for my L3with my Big Nuke 3E on a M1500G, and then fly my Big Nuke on a K550.

Sunday I will put the Predator Jr. up again on a H123W, and my EZI-65 on a J315R

Pete, Just be sure to speak with Bill:

Important info concerning certification flights

ALL cert flights MUST be prearranged with the Prefect. Please contact Bill Zimmer. Anyone who would like to make a certification attempt for ANY level is REQUIRED to work at least one field duty position per attendance day. Certification flights are flown between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday but may be subject to change without notice.

I may end up making the drive out there for this. How is the camping scene?

YOu can't camp on the field, however there is a camp ground called Korn's that I have heard is very nice. I would not know as my idea of camping is finding a potted plant next to a lawn chair at a 5-star hotel. I also think I'm roughing it is if the breakfast buffet closes before 2PM.

NERRF Lodging Link Showing Korn's Info

I had seen that campground on the website i was just wondering if camping was a popular option. I wouldnt want to be the only person out there lol, especially when hotels are closer.

I think there are a few campgrounds in the area including Korns and this place:

https://blackbearcampground.com/

Hopefully, some folks will chime in on the camping scene. I know several people have done this in the past (not me).

I have to say that I totally agree with Al on the camping subject - reservation at the Marriott-Courtyard, check.

My advice: make a reservation at a local hotel - now. You can always cancel if your plans change.

Dan

Although I don't want to put a pin in anyone's balloon, drag races will be limited as last year to two rockets at once. With over 200 attendees and a flight line that goes as far as it does, we don't want to forget a priority on safety..

:)

how about the flis pads? I'd love to see both rails full of fric n fracks.

I am thinking an Alphabet contest

Da Rulez

Informal and $10 to enter

You must fly through at least your cert level in ascending order

L0 - A through G
L1 - A through I
L2 - A through L
L3 - A through M

Winner will be the first person in each level that makes it all the way in order.

You can fly more than one in a rack, though if there is a misfire and let's say you had A-D flying and C did not fly, you must fly the C before you can fly the E.

Cool Idea Al!
getting excited about flying. don't remember when the last time I flew was. did I fly at NERRF 6? I think maybe LPR only. I've gotta see what HPR I have. I know I have a big daddy that will do an H. maybe I won't renew my NAR membership so I'll only be an L0. :p

NERRF registration is up and running.

Registration Link

Unfortunately we can not do advance payment on line, however bringing a $20 bill (or two tens, four fives, etc.) with you to sign in is really easy! Trust me, handing the nice lady at registration c-note is not a way to long life and happinenss.

Also remember - large launches run smoothly only with volunteer help. Sign up for a shift or two. You would have wanted a break anyhow!

Volunteer Link

Last edited:
I think there are a few campgrounds in the area including Korns and this place:

https://blackbearcampground.com/

Hopefully, some folks will chime in on the camping scene. I know several people have done this in the past (not me).

I have to say that I totally agree with Al on the camping subject - reservation at the Marriott-Courtyard, check.

My advice: make a reservation at a local hotel - now. You can always cancel if your plans change.

Dan

Blackbear camp ground does NOT allow tent camping anymore. Popups and rvs only.

How are people doing on booking hotels? I'm hearing they're starting to fill up. Are you flying this weekend coming at METRA?

I'll play in that race!!!
I had a blasssssst last year!!! :)

I'd like to run an "run what you brung" wildman JR drag race. Went over well last year, no problems. I'm betting both Wildman and I will be running CTI 38 6 grain XL's

rick

Fliers who want to pre-order through Rick Comshaw products sold by Wildman Rocketry will get 10% off for orders received by June 5, 2011 (Hurry!).

Orders must be pre-paid at the time of order, and goods will be delivered for pickup in person at the NERRF event. Most Wildman products receive the 10% off sale EXCEPT Electronics, Performance Rocketry kits or Custom stuff (Please confirm final price by requesting a quote).

Send your Orders with your contact information to Rick Comshaw at 238 Congdon Street, Middletown CT 06457. Contact Rick via email for quotes or questions at [email protected].

Last edited:
Hangar 11 NERRF SPECIALS

20% off AEROTECH reloads and SU motors
[100 dollar min order net]

15% off PML kits 4\" and Under
7% off PML kits 6\" and up.
20% off Quest kits and engines
20% off Estes kits and engines
50% off US Rockets [ current Stock only ]

Aerotech motor orders must be placed from May 23 thru June 1st.
Motor orders placed after June 1st may not arrive in time for NERRF but can be picked up later or shipped as needed. Customer pays shipping and hazmat fee.

Kits / all other sales may be placed thru June 15th.

Please call Bobby B 845-926-1959 if you have any Questions.
or visit www.hangar11.com
and place your order today.

* Discount applies to the current MFG list price. All orders are to be prepaid at the time the order is placed.
substitutions may be offered for backordered reloads.Please indicate preferred substitutions with your order.

USE discount code nerrf11 on the Hangar 11 website
[no worries if the pricing comes up off in the web calculation, I'll apply the discounts and correct the total as required ]

Our newest project will be on display at NERRF Space shuttle Atlantis Full Stack
Check out the threads in the scale area of TRF or RP.

Latest posts

Back