NARAM-46 Who's going?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I do.

Freeze my water bottles before I leave...they stay nice and cold!

Bring LOTS of water!!

Snacks are nice...I usually fly without stopping for lunch.

SUNBLOCK!!!!;) SPF50 or so and remember to use it!!!

Bugs aren't usually a problem but there were a few ticks in Indiana last year. Especially if you were getting a rocket out of the swamp.

And Plenty of water! Worth repeating.

A Sharpie pen 'cause you never know when Vern or someone cool will want to sign something.

sandman

Water, and.... water.... check!!
Sunscreen... check.

and not only have I packed my sharpie pen, but I have chosen and packed the rocket I would ask Vern to sign if he attends, and wanders bye.....

Thanks Sandman!!

Originally posted by sandman
A Sharpie pen 'cause you never know when Vern or someone cool will want to sign something.

Ill second that one, as its also reall good at putting that NAR number on the bird when the guy at the check-in desk asks where the number is...

Scott McNeely

Originally posted by scm86
Ill second that one, as its also reall good at putting that NAR number on the bird when the guy at the check-in desk asks where the number is...

Is a NAR number required to be displayed on sport flyers or just competition rockets?

Got a URL or other supporting documentation?

Dah! I never check the section!
I'll be there all week! I'm Staying at the Masassas Holiday Inn also, Third floor I think.

Fred, I'm planning on flying from the micro DER RED MAXX scene both satruday and sunday. Can't wait to get a photo fo the two set-ups togather:D

Water, Water and more Water ya dry out fast out here:D

Where do you guy's usually meet up? I'll have a 10' x 10' EZup somewhere in the usual Narhams TentCity, Just look for the little Mccoy's micro wonder works flag, and banner. Or a big bald guy with a limp carring around micro models;)

Sandman & Fred: it's been 11 years since I've attended a Naram.. I'm going crazy trying to get everything togather. Even in a big old 350 Ford Van! Fred how the heck do you do it? Doing a family vacation and Model Rocket launch from a Mini-Cooper.. This I gotta see:D
When Mary and I go looking for vehicles, the First question is can we do a Launch from it.. If we were looking at a cooper I'd have to say NO-Way! LOL I wish Mary were coming with me, Maybe then she'd let me get a Ford GT...Awe come on Hon...Fred does NARAM's from his cooper!! :D:D:D

I sure hope the new Mini Cooper is larger than the old one my college roomate had.

Just a little too cozy for me.

It was a size 7...I wear a size 9 1/2 EE when it comes to cars.

Although... my old Karmann Ghia fit me pretty good...until my daughter was born. Then it became kinda useless.

sandman

This is my first NARAM... so I am very excited!!

I will be wearing my Excelsior Rocketry T-shirt both days (no, I am not trayng to save on laundry, I do have 2 shirts!!) :D

I am still PLANNING on bringing the Red max launch setup...

I have about 15 rockets gently nested and packed into three boxes. I have also put together a smller range box for the trip.

I also bought a 6 pack of 32 oz Gatorade!!

"Fred how the heck do you do it? Doing a family vacation and Model Rocket launch from a Mini-Cooper.. "

Well, we have taken a number of trips in the Mini, and we travel pretty light. My wife has a big suitcase and I have a smaller one. these both fit in the 'trunk' area of the Mini. This leaves the back seat for rocket stuff and a cooler...

My REAL problem as I see it, is the stuff I wanna buy at NARAM... where will I fit it all?

Yes, a roof rack would be a help, but there is no time now......

I am still painting two Goony prototypes, and decaling another. All of the other rockets are packed.....

Like Flouder said (Animal House)

"Oh boy... This is gonna be GREAT!!)

Fred

Fred:
One more thing you may want to pack an extra pair of shoes and extra socks. if an august T-Storm or shower roll thru the gress will make you wish you could change.

Yea1 I'm with you on the excited! running around like a chichen with my head cut-off, trying to be sure to pack everything. Shoot I haven't even thougth about cloths:( Dang that's another bag! Ah front seat!:D

Check... I just added the following to my list:

Boots.
Old sneakers
3 xtra pair of socks...

I just packed the small rangebox, and am working on the packaging of the Red Max launch tower.

I alos need to make about six 12 inch' chutes....

I went to the local Wally-World at lunchtime... picked up some deep woods off, and two disposable rain ponchos (just in case), and some sinus medication. (yes, I have a super-nerdy allergy to darn near everything in nature...)

Looked at, but dropped a leatherman knock-off for the range box. I may get a real one this week...

Fred,

Don't worry if you forget something.

You are going to be in a big field with a whole bunch of other guys just like you that all brought WAY too much stuff!

If you forget, super glue, epoxy, launch lugs shock cords, balsa, body tubes...somebody will have some!

You could probably forget everything except models and motors and still be able to fly all day!

You just may owe some favors and some thank you's.

Most importantly...BRING CASH!

sandman

in my best homer simpson voice....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ....CCCcccaaasshhh........

yea, cash is good :D
Be sure to look up yer friendly FlisKits manufacturer while yer there! Look for the odd looking guy in the black psudo cowboy hat with the pretty lady who does all the work... that'll be me.

:)

Cash... check (sold a bunch of ebay stuff in the past month)

Motors.. check...

Little repair stuff... check

Waaay too much stuff... check!!

Seriously, I dumped my range box by accident a few weeks ago. This was a good excuse to re-organise all of the junk that has been piling up in it.....

Truly, my ONLY concern is fitting that darned Red Max launch pad's tripod into the fully loaded car....

It will be like a clown car!!

Fred

Oh, I plan on visiting the Fliskits kiosk... don't worry.... you are bringing parts too, right? Will the baffle kits be ready?

Fred

We will be bringing a limited selection of parts (tubes, engine mount kits, rings, etc) We will not bring nose cones (as you can visit the BMS booth for those) and we will not have the baffle kits for sale (although you can come see the prototypes :) )

Originally posted by astronboy

Truly, my ONLY concern is fitting that darned Red Max launch pad's tripod into the fully loaded car....

It will be like a clown car!!

Fred

I can see it now...

You pull up Saturday morning, get out of the car with some folks to help you unload it...

You poke yer head inside the car, grab something and hand it to your helper saying "Here, take this." Then another item "here, take this.", then another "here, take this"...

Sunday afternoon, we're all partying, flying, selling, socializing and in the background you hear this anguished "here, take this.... here, take this..."

LOL oh man...

My better 2/3rds has already warned me about bring home a bunch of new kits, parts, motors, Books, decals, t-Shirts and such.. But Dang Jim I'm gonna have to purchase a bunch of " but Honey I won them as Door prizes" things:D:D
Awe shucks.. In the dog house again

Well... Monday was our Wedding anniversary. My wife and I were out for a drive three weeks ago, and she spied some jewelry that she REALLY wanted. She said "This will be my anniversary present from you, and you can buy rockets as your present from me when we go to Virginia."

Is THAT a great deal, or what?

Fred

Dude! You gots an awesome wife!

Great deal, it absolutely is!

Jason

Now That's Great Fred! Great deal..

Speaking of things somewhat special.
Sunday Aug.1, is my youngest daughters birthday. I can't be with her in Pa, so am planning on Launching my 3 - D12 clustered BT-80 Bomarc in her honor in the early afternoon "weather permitting" This is the same model and relay launch system she helped me with back in her 1st year in the hobby. the models first flight at ECRM-18 in 1991. a couple old FX smokers will start her off at about T-7 sec :)
Hope some of you will watch her go.

Yea, we had a special date too :) Last Friday was our 27th anniversary. She spent it working and I spent it writing instructions....

Of course, on Sunday I got her up out of bed at 5am and drove her out to a lake (she had no idea why). When we got there I set up the table, chairs and a pot of coffee and we played backgammon with the ducks while watching a light fog mist over the water.

'twas great :)

I would like to wish everyone that's going a safe trip.

I hope you have clear skies and little or no wind.

Above all, HAVE FUN!!

My wife and I recently celebrated our 34th anniversery and I'm leaving her in Williamsburg, VA while I go fly rockets at NARAM.

After what happened on Ebay last Sunday...she doesn't care what I bring home...as long as it fit in the car.

sandman

After what happened on Ebay last Sunday...she doesn't care what I bring home...as long as it fit in the car.

sandman
Ugh...what happened? Did I miss something?

Sorry...LOL! I just figured everyone knew.

My last Little Joe II kit sold.

sandman
Well, congratulations! Job well done!

well, we may actually *start* packing tomorrow afternoon....

man, I hate deadlines... :p

Been working since dawn getting things ready though... Run ragged. Can't wait to actually GET to NARAM where I can finally relax for a week LOL

jim

Very close to being packed here...just adapted a new altimeter to the Tres bay. We are getting excited and I plan on having most everything else packed tonite, ready to load in the car tomorrow evening.

Carl

All the Micro stuff is now packed, working on the Sport flying Odd-rocs and things. competition models will be packed tonight...Darn I may actually be almost ready to load the van! Can't wait to put a face the the on-line handles:) Everyone have a Safe trip. Take care in that cooper Fred! see ya Satruday!

Back