EVENT NARAM-63 Info and Updates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabo Chad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to post a few things regarding NARAM-63. We're only 57 days away!

If you haven't reserved your room(s) yet, it is advised you do that sooner than later. In any case, the NARAM room block deadline is JUNE 14. After that, good luck. Seriously, that town gets booked up in summer. Link to Oasis hotel is on NARAM website.

I know we all usually wait until the last week to register for NARAM, but I also suggest you go ahead and do that as soon as possible. Especially if you are planning to order a T shirt. And you probably want to this year. Shirts will be available in white or heather gray and will be a moisture wicking shirt; great to wear on the hot rocket field. To use these shirts to their potential, we will not be silk screening the artwork onto them; instead, both sides will have a dye sublimation applied to them. Those who wait until later may not get the color or size they are hoping to get. Supply chain issues are significant in that department. Registration is live on the NARAM website as well.

If you want to see what the patches and pins look like this year, you can do that on the registration page (another good reason to go ahead and register now). Yup, we already have both of those ready to go.

If you will be flying to NARAM, the hotel has a free shuttle service from 6 am to 10 pm. They do need a 24-hour notice for this, so plan ahead to take advantage of this service.

The website has pretty much all of the information you need, so check it out! www.nar.org/site/naram-63

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at
ring (at) psci (dot) net

See you in Springfield!

Chad Ring
NARAM-63 Event Director

Will certification attempts happen during this event?
Yes. Both NAR and TRA certification attempts can be flown any day of the event. If you are going for a L2, and have not already taken and passed your test, we would prefer to administer at the hotel if possible. Testing on the field should also be available if necessary.

Thanks,
chad

I understand there is a camping section located at NARAM-63. I had a few questions regarding this designated area for camping. Is the camping area shaded with trees or is it open? For cooking, what’s allowed? (Butane stoves, open fire, designated charcoal stoves? Is there any fees for camping whatsoever? Tent camping allowed? I would just like some more information regarding the camping section. Thank you!

It will likely be an open area with no trees. Yes, tents are fine, just remember, this is a cattle field, not a COA. ;)

Types of cooking are something that we will have to make a call on as it gets closer, dependent on any dry conditions.

There are no fees to camp.

Thanks!

chad

I understand there is a camping section located at NARAM-63. I had a few questions regarding this designated area for camping. Is the camping area shaded with trees or is it open? For cooking, what’s allowed? (Butane stoves, open fire, designated charcoal stoves? Is there any fees for camping whatsoever? Tent camping allowed? I would just like some more information regarding the camping section. Thank you!
It will likely be an open area with no trees. Yes, tents are fine, just remember, this is a cattle field, not a COA. ;)

Types of cooking are something that we will have to make a call on as it gets closer, dependent on any dry conditions.

There are no fees to camp.

Thanks!

chad
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response! I’ll be traveling from Florida. Therefore, the more info I get, the better prepared I am for this event. Thanks again for the help! @Cabo Chad

What about motor vendors? Are there going to be any?
https://www.nar.org/site/naram-63/vendors/
Impulse Buys is a motor vendor run by Jay Calvert who has always been a treat to work with. I recommend calling Jay up and making sure he has what you want. Saw him this past weekend, and he has quite a selection in stock if you're not picky. He carries Estes, Aerotech (and associated brands), and Cessaroni motors.

With only a week away BJAAM Performance Rocketry would like to announce that we will be sponsoring all prizes awarded to fliers competing in the new FUN EVENTS on the sport range! These events include a Set Altitude-3000 ft event, H motor Multiple Egg Lofting Altitude event, and a 1013/55 Event (Target altitude 1013 ft, target duration 55 sec.) event. Prizes will be awarded for 1 through 3rd place in each event!

1st Place: 24-54mm case cleaning kit

C828A20C-BF1A-423E-8FB4-82551D14050A.jpeg

2nd Place: 38mm Case Snake/Sok 1 combo
781C2CD0-2C49-469D-8192-4388F0638709.jpeg
3rd Place: 8”&12” Case Covers
33E3F7F8-F4D3-4F43-B89F-8325D4FFBA9C.jpeg

Hi y'all,
I was wondering if there's (by any chance) a photo gallery for NARAM '63? I saw a lot of pictures being taken at the event, and I was wondering if they'd end up in a "official" gallery like NARAM 62, or if theyre for something else like Sport Rocketry Mag?

Yeah I have seen virtually no posts here (maybe I am blind) about NARAM or flights. Yeah... cause we all know Sprocketry has the best most COMPREHENSIVE coverage.

Back