My son is cooking

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know how important cooking is to finding a mate, but my wife appreciated that I could cook when we first met. She was a good cook too. We made a lot of meals together early on.
My x Mrs did not know how to cook when we first married. Her parents thought that kids should be kids and did nothing to prepare them for life on their own.
Working with me in the kitchen for a few years she got most of the basics down for fixing a decent dinner. I won’t mention what the kitchen usually looked like when she finished.
The Mrs I have now? Dang can she cook! Several of her dishes I have to move off the table when I eat, or I won’t stop till it is all gone!

....... I really like the styles Alton Brown, Amazing Ribs, Serious Eats, and Cooks Illustrated use in their recipes since they explain the science or reasoning behind the recipe. This allows you to tailor the recipe for your taste without screwing it up.

America's Test Kitchen is another good one.

All great suggestions.

I place Jacques Pepin at the top of my totem pole of cooking icons. He has an amazing ability to make his preparations approachable. And while the preparations he demonstrates don't demand tremendous skill, it's obvious he's an absolute master of his craft and makes me want to constantly improve my technique.

To anybody who enjoys Alton Brown, I highly recommend YouTuber Alex, a French Guy Cooking. He's not a trained chef. He's an engineer who became obsessed with cooking and has a fun analytical/experimental approach. I didn't even find him through watching foodie content, but through his collaboration with YouTube machinist This Old Tony.

All great suggestions.

I place Jacques Pepin at the top of my totem pole of cooking icons. He has an amazing ability to make his preparations approachable. And while the preparations he demonstrates don't demand tremendous skill, it's obvious he's an absolute master of his craft and makes me want to constantly improve my technique.

To anybody who enjoys Alton Brown, I highly recommend YouTuber Alex, a French Guy Cooking. He's not a trained chef. He's an engineer who became obsessed with cooking and has a fun analytical/experimental approach. I didn't even find him through watching foodie content, but through his collaboration with YouTube machinist This Old Tony.

Thanks for the suggestion. Alton Brown is the bomb.

Back