Estes Starlight build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
Finally, my Estes Starlight is complete. The build itself was fast, waiting for weather here in TN is another story. Also, I had to order the Testors Transparent Blue. This build has a lot of balsa area, I cannot imagine the amount of weight and sanding if you were to only use primer to fill the balsa as per the instructions. She was built via my typical style of KISS...First seal fins with dope based filler and build with Elmer's white glue....This took one day. I waited for good weather and painted the rocket with a coat of white, no primer to keep the weight down, plus I hate sanding. I had to wait some time for good weather then painted with old Testors Metallic. After receiving my Testor's Transparent blue, I shot a couple coats to cover the silver and now she is done. There are somethings in life that I love and makes me happy. The smell of Dope based sealers/dope, smell of Testors Green tube cement for my airplanes and Testors Spray paints and small square enamel paints. Its funny, I like a clean paint job, clean decal application and smooth balsa fins/parts. With that, I don't care about spirals or body tube end fuzzies......

Attachments

• DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0059.JPG
    DSC_0059.JPG