Which Rework Station?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am consiering buying my son a rework station with a hot air gun? Which do you use and suggest?

Don't have a specific recommendation, but look for one that you can control not only the temp, but the airflow.
The one I have is ancient and has been OOP for many years.

Also, you want a selection of "heads" that focus and shape the airflow.
The focused air is more important for rework, especially if you want to tackle removing bigger IC's.

Don't have a specific recommendation, but look for one that you can control not only the temp, but the airflow.
The one I have is ancient and has been OOP for many years.

Also, you want a selection of "heads" that focus and shape the airflow.
The focused air is more important for rework, especially if you want to tackle removing bigger IC's.
Thanks.

I'd tailor your choice to the expected workload. They can get "pricey".
The dilemma is not getting something so cheap that it's a pain and discouraging to use.
ICs have been removed with a heat gun, lots of flux, and a shielding mask made from a cut up soda can.

Thanks. That looks promising.
Search the site, there are cheaper options (rework only for about $85). And of course look for 110v not 220v like the one I linked. I have used mine (earlier model) for over 10 years now with no issues. (But thankfully I don't rework alot).

Back