Model Aerospace Company?

Discussion in 'MicroMaxx (MMX)' started by qquake2k, Sep 5, 2010.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 5, 2010 #1

qquake2k

qquake2k

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow

Has anybody ever heard about/ordered from this company? When I click on one of the "Buy One Now" buttons, I get a warning page about the website's security certificate being issued for a different website address.

http://www.modelaerospace.com/macmicro.php

2. Sep 5, 2010 #2

RoyAtl

RoyAtl

RoyAtl

yes, I think that's Dane Boles's company that was formed to sell Quest stuff direct, either after Bill sold Quest to Marvel/ToyBiz, or after he bought the company back, and before Bill decided to once again sell direct.

The warning you are getting is because it is requesting a secure web site using SSL (https) with a subdomain of www, but the certificate for the server isn't valid for the www subdomain. Bad programming or server config, and leaves the site open for certain rare types of attacks, but shouldn't otherwise be that big of a problem. You might want to bring it up to them.

More of a concern, however, is that the site hasn't been updated with Quest's new products of the past three years.

3. Sep 6, 2010 #3

MarkII

MarkII

MarkII

He stocks several OOP Quest kits. I ordered from him late last year and everything arrived fine.

4. Sep 8, 2010 #4

jdbectec

jdbectec

jdbectec

I've never ordered from them but, I did e-mail them maybe six months ago inquiring if they were still in business and if they had the oop kits they listed in stock, they replied in a reasonbly prompt fashion, yes on both counts

5. Sep 16, 2011 #5

Initiator001

Initiator001

Initiator001

I decided to order some items from this company a few weeks ago.

I placed my order and...nothing.

That's okay, my credit card was not charged.

Then, this past Tuesday, I recieved a phone call from Dane Boles of MAC. When I worked at AeroTech, Dane was a consultant for awhile. We talked a little bit about things and then he got to the point of his call.

The items I had ordered were sold out (Bummer).

However, he remembered that I was a collector and while looking for the kits I ordered, he found some even older Quest kits and was wondering if he could substitue these models for what I had ordered.

I said "yes".

The package from MAC arrived today (Thursday). The kits looked like they had just come from the factory. :)

MAC Quest Order.jpg

6. Dec 26, 2018 #6

odiedoodie

odiedoodie

odiedoodie

I have placed several orders to this company, and I have never recieved what I ordered. I have also emailed this company several times, and I have never recieved a response. I don't know why the website exists. I emailed Quest Aerospace about this company, and they responded that I should order from Quest.

7. Dec 26, 2018 #7

cwbullet

cwbullet

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry Staff Member Administrator TRF Lifetime Supporter Global Mod

It is clear that this company is Memorex. Recommend you order from Quest also. Thread locked.

Steve Shannon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.